Posted in the Utica Forum

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Welcome

New Hartford, NY

#1 May 10, 2013
It's TRUE....FINALLY!!!!
The "former" Peoria Rivermen have signed a 3-year deal that will kickoff here in Utica come this fall!!

I can't spill the beans here folks on the inside information, but STAY TUNED!!! YOUR NEWS IS COMING MONDAY!!!!!!!!!!

CONGRATS UTICA!!!!!!!!!!
WOW

Gouverneur, NY

#2 May 10, 2013
WOW!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for the great news!!!!!!!!!
Please

Oriskany Falls, NY

#3 May 10, 2013
Please stop pulling our chains ! I'm sick of getting my hopes up about this.
WOW

Gouverneur, NY

#5 May 10, 2013
It's all true!!!!!!!! If CliffyUtica34 confirms this report then it's for sure!!!!! Holy Cow!!!! Pro Hockey in Utica again!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait!!!!!!!!!
well holy moly

New Hartford, NY

#6 May 10, 2013
http://cnyhomepage.com/fulltext-news...

But I'll still believe it when it's "officially" announced
UticaHockey

Waterville, NY

#7 May 10, 2013
well holy moly wrote:
http://cnyhomepage.com/fulltex t-news?nxd_id=179032
But I'll still believe it when it's "officially" announced
The O-D and WKTV scooped again. Imagine that!!!
Truth

Utica, NY

#8 May 10, 2013
Haven't I said all along that it would be Brindisi who was the local rep who was clueless enough to believe that using taxpayer money to fund this is a good thing? I knew it.

I was also right about him trying to sell the idea to taxpayers as an economic driver for the area. That article and those quotes confirm what I said.

Hey Anthony!
If you are listening, Utica doesn't have money to pave the streets, teachers are being laid off and the legislature you are part of ct funding to developmentally challenged children. Does it sound like a good time to fund a hockey team?
Yikes

New Hartford, NY

#10 May 10, 2013
Truth wrote:
Haven't I said all along that it would be Brindisi who was the local rep who was clueless enough to believe that using taxpayer money to fund this is a good thing? I knew it.
I was also right about him trying to sell the idea to taxpayers as an economic driver for the area. That article and those quotes confirm what I said.
Hey Anthony!
If you are listening, Utica doesn't have money to pave the streets, teachers are being laid off and the legislature you are part of ct funding to developmentally challenged children. Does it sound like a good time to fund a hockey team?
I think your argument is funding the Aud period...correct? He states no proof of a team coming here, but yet the money is going to the Aud regardless. Or am I missing something?
UticaHockey

Waterville, NY

#11 May 10, 2013
Truth wrote:
Hey Anthony!
Unless there is more funding being allocated down the road what is described in the article and video only points to repairs that are needed to keep the building from deteriorating more than it already has.
Yikes

New Hartford, NY

#12 May 10, 2013
UticaHockey wrote:
<quoted text>
Unless there is more funding being allocated down the road what is described in the article and video only points to repairs that are needed to keep the building from deteriorating more than it already has.
And I see nothing wrong with that...without it you might as well board up the Aud like every other structure/house in the city
UticaHockey

Waterville, NY

#14 May 10, 2013
Yikes wrote:
<quoted text>
And I see nothing wrong with that...without it you might as well board up the Aud like every other structure/house in the city
I agree 100%. Fix it now before it costs a ton more in the future because of neglect.
RASH FAIL

Fayetteville, NY

#15 May 10, 2013
Utica Prison Fort Center wrote:
What people are already forgetting, like I've pointed out, many of the improvements have already been done to the aud. Check for yourself. Go to the locker room areas. Why are there new rooms built but locked near the college locker rooms?
There thousand's of welfare qu eers in albany, you don't need to stalk the locker room for men.
UticaHockey

Waterville, NY

#17 May 10, 2013
It would be nice to have just one thread on this subject without all of the nonsense back and forth name calling.
Truth

Herkimer, NY

#21 May 10, 2013
Yikes wrote:
<quoted text>
I think your argument is funding the Aud period...correct? He states no proof of a team coming here, but yet the money is going to the Aud regardless. Or am I missing something?
You're quite right but we do know that there are certain prerequisites required to get the AHL's approval for the move of a team to Utica. Those things include additional seating and a video scoreboard I think. The $2 million is a downpayment on those otherwise unneeded upgrades.

I'm all for keeping the Aud up to date if it can be shown that the improvements will in reality enhance profitibility. It's not that I don't think that quality of life issues aren't important. They are but it's a matter of priorities. It's a matter of timing. To quote an old and very wise friend "Yeah it's nice but you don't build a pool in your back yard when your roof is leaking". At a time when taxes go up, tolls go up, fees go up and graduation rates go down it is just not time for taxpayers to be put on the hook for the cost of bringing a hockey team here or more precisely improvements to the Aud to accomodate that. I'm all for a hockey team if Rob Esche and his group want to pay for it just like any other group of businessmen would pay for any business. I might even be on board for giving them a low interest loan if it could be proven that in the end the region would make money and that the peopel taking the loan put collateral to secure that loan.

On a recent appearance on the "Talk of the Town" radio show the Utica mayor was asked about the return of AHL hockey to the Aud. He was very evasive and changed the subject but he did say that he had been at a meeting with other local politicians where this was discussed. I don't think it's a jump to connect the dots and say that all of this is connected.

Like I've said all along, this is political poison and most politicians have to know that. The mayor knew that when he refused to go into detail. I also said Brindisi would be the only one who probably wouldn't realize how foolish this would be. I think he's just that clueless and the article cited above proves that. I think the guy was born on home plate and thinks he hit a home run.
Truth

Herkimer, NY

#22 May 10, 2013
Yikes wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think the city should fund paving and infrastructure upgrades before Aud improvements?
RASH FAIL

Fayetteville, NY

#25 May 10, 2013
The numbers of the boilermaker blow away the numbers of people who go to see the scum that rape the taxpayer or the thousands of welfare trash hitting the pipe, ho es, loser rash. Mall, ROLOL
Hurry puppet, post from injured homosexual vagina. ROLOL
yea

Newington, CT

#27 May 10, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think the city should fund paving and infrastructure upgrades before Aud improvements?
Yup, but they won't, so how about Plan B shall we? Also, why pave? Year after year I see snow plows blasting and scraping away with salt when we get a "dusting" of snow...thus creating morfe pot holes
River Rat

Ardsley, NY

#28 May 10, 2013
Truth wrote:
Hey Anthony!
Brindisi has a bigger role in this than just securing money from Albany
Utica Rats

New York, NY

#29 May 10, 2013
So I guess it is no longer the Utica Flames. What is the new name? The Utica Sewer Rats? I guess a hockey team named the Rats would be more appropriate for Utica anyways....

KY WELLER
Level 9

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#30 May 10, 2013
If the Rivermen come,we can call them the Matt's Splatts...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Unhappy married women 7 min Affairs 3
Looking for some woman who has hpv2 for dating 1 hr Affairs 1
Bella Regina wins best riggies 1 hr Uterus Pride 3
Post your Rob Palnnieri FAIL tale.... 1 hr Decay 1
Post your SteveDiMe0 FAIL tale!!!! 1 hr Zero Results 1
Why are white CNY inbred Cowards 1 hr Entropy 5
Nano All Done 1 hr Cancertown 37
Poll Kim Simon Murder (Feb '10) 2 hr Never Be solved 4,886
Boycott RedBox 2 hr Utican Gibberish 22

Utica Jobs