Oneida, NY

#2 Sep 8, 2009
Yes. It's called the sewar.
Clarence

Jamesville, NY

#3 Sep 8, 2009
Quatro wrote:
Yes. It's called the sewar.
OH MY GOD! How many people know about this!!!!
iheard

Houston, TX

#4 Sep 8, 2009
A few years ago I heard about an inmate who had a map of underground tunnels throughout Utica with access to some businesses. His whole conversation was about making a whole lot of money from these tunnels. He says it was an old system used by mafia scum to hide out and hide money.
drugskill

New York, NY

#5 Sep 9, 2009
yea there is i used to walk through them when i was a kid look on st vincent
Dmb

Brooklyn, NY

#6 Sep 9, 2009
It's not a tunnel it's a Seward
gommer

Holland Patent, NY

#7 Sep 9, 2009
been told hookers have bedrooms down their ,when they pull the covers down they check for rats ,what away to live
Dmb

Brooklyn, NY

#8 Sep 9, 2009
gommer wrote:
been told hookers have bedrooms down their ,when they pull the covers down they check for rats ,what away to live

u have some good bs stop the lies
Two Tree

Cazenovia, NY

#9 Sep 9, 2009
Dmb wrote:
It's not a tunnel it's a Seward
Are we talking about a SEWER?

Sewer may refer to:

A system for transporting sewage:
Sanitary sewer, a system of pipes used to transport human waste

Storm drain, a collection and transportation system for storm water

Combined sewer, a system performing both the functions of a sanitary sewer and a storm sewer

Sewer, one who does sewing
Truth

East Syracuse, NY

#11 Sep 9, 2009
WellHungOotikan wrote:
<quoted text>You forgot....Sewer: Place where "Two Tree" lives with his head up his ass!
There are tunnels under Utica. Many have been closed off ove the years or caved in. On tunnle went to Rosco Conklings house from downtown used in the brutal winter months long ago. There are some in houses on sunset by st. lukes that were used by the underground railroad... Utica has a ton of history....
Drey

Manlius, NY

#12 Sep 9, 2009
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>There are tunnels under Utica. Many have been closed off ove the years or caved in. On tunnle went to Rosco Conklings house from downtown used in the brutal winter months long ago. There are some in houses on sunset by st. lukes that were used by the underground railroad... Utica has a ton of history....
No way did they fit a railroad down there - you're FOS.
bah

Fayetteville, NY

#13 Sep 9, 2009
Drey wrote:
<quoted text>
hahaha
Tunnel of love

New York, NY

#17 Sep 9, 2009
You know what I mean. They're all over Utica. Some quite old. Very historic.
Never Dull

East Syracuse, NY

#18 Sep 9, 2009
It never gets old seeing Uticans display their ignorance by misspelling even the simplest of words. You really can't spell SEWER? No wonder there are no jobs around here, you morons aren't nearly qualified.
bernie

New York, NY

#19 Sep 9, 2009
Koonta Kinta wrote:
Hey nimrod, there's also one under the yellow house on Oxford Rd and Orchard Hall in Sauquoit!! Thes where tunnels used to help runaway slaves escape from the south during the Civil War
also one under albany street by buckley pool goes up past south park drive .i loved wilson road to there was one by butternut falls up there
Well

East Syracuse, NY

#20 Sep 9, 2009
Drey wrote:
<quoted text>
you cant be that stupid....can u?
Utica PC

New York, NY

#21 Sep 9, 2009
Under the Psych Center. You can go from Noyes to Court or Chester's Flowers to Yorkville. I've done it. Been there since the 1850's. Pretty spoky.. use to keep the insane down there. serious... i saw 'em.
Typical Chewtica idiots

Manlius, NY

#22 Sep 9, 2009
How f*ing stupid can you retreads be who think Underground Railroad referred literally to "underground" passage of slaves from South to North? Come on, tell me you were joking? Do you think that just maybe, when someone refers to a building as being part of the "underground railroad" it was actually just a place of refuge for fleeing slaves. You know, a place for them to stop and rest, get some food, directions to next place etc...Every small town this side of the Mason-Dixon line has old buildings that were part of the "railroad", I'm simply astonished that people somehow manage to survive the hazards of everday life when they are stupid enough to think there is a labyrinth of underground passages interconnecting every podunk town covering hundreds of thousands of miles. Typical Chewtica
Typical Chewtica idiots

Manlius, NY

#23 Sep 9, 2009
Utica PC wrote:
Under the Psych Center. You can go from Noyes to Court or Chester's Flowers to Yorkville. I've done it. Been there since the 1850's. Pretty spoky.. use to keep the insane down there. serious... i saw 'em.
Your right that it exists. I've been told that it was actually constructed as a portion of the Undergroung Railr.....just kidding. I was told it was constructed as a means of transporting goods from the canal to the original asylum. No idea if actually used for that.
FYI

Brooklyn, NY

#25 Sep 9, 2009
Typical Chewtica idiots wrote:
How f*ing stupid can you retreads be who think Underground Railroad referred literally to "underground" passage of slaves from South to North? Come on, tell me you were joking? Do you think that just maybe, when someone refers to a building as being part of the "underground railroad" it was actually just a place of refuge for fleeing slaves. You know, a place for them to stop and rest, get some food, directions to next place etc...Every small town this side of the Mason-Dixon line has old buildings that were part of the "railroad", I'm simply astonished that people somehow manage to survive the hazards of everday life when they are stupid enough to think there is a labyrinth of underground passages interconnecting every podunk town covering hundreds of thousands of miles. Typical Chewtica
Yes you are correct. For the most part, "Underground Railroad" is a term used for a secret (underground) operation to help slaves escape north and help them start new lives.
There were, however, many literal underground tunnels and hiding places scattered across the eastern and southern US that were used for this purpose. Some of these tunnels and chambers actually originated or terminated at safe-houses.
What is the lesson here? Before you go shooting your mouth off because you believe you may be right, do a little research. Educate yourself, so that you can really show a know-it-all that he is just as stupid as the people he mocks.

retards

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
STOP CALLING a AMBULANCE 3 min JASPERA 2
Tinys sold? 36 min Wes 7
Utica Negrooos Love KFC 38 min Chicken Negrooooe... 1
Boneyard 41 min Boneyard 1
New tint law 42 min Justwondering 1
Internet cafe Chadwick's NY, 53 min hhandkk 6
Cops Speeding 1 hr Oops 15
john brooks is a nazirite 3 hr Kiss mine Nazirite 30
Claudia chickens out 3 hr spoon feeder 9
How Much Does H & R Block charge To Do Your Taxes (Jan '09) 11 hr Ashley 873