Comments
61 - 80 of 89 Comments Last updated Jan 27, 2013

“I'm me. Deal with it!”

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#65
Jan 18, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Giving them hell I see!
Fat Tony Salerno

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#66
Jan 18, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Ted wrote:
<quoted text>Last time I checked, this government was elected by a t majority of Americans. Last time I checked, we Americans have put our faith and trust in our Marines, Army and Navy to protect us. Last time I checked, we have entrusted our state and local police agencies to look out for us. I applaude Gov. Cuomo and President Obama for making some common sense laws. The NRA is just a circus of fools. Most polls taken since Newtown have shown that the majority of Americans are in favor of stronger gun laws. Most surveys and polls show at least 60% are in favor, while there are even some that go as high as 90%. None of these laws even remotely violate your 2nd amendment rights.
1) Many Americans, while well meaning, are misinformed about guns - mainly due to a left leaning media.

2) The Constitution trumps majority rule.
Eric

Syracuse, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#68
Jan 18, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Guns owners are just evil nut cases, with penis envy.
Cat Escapes BAG

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#69
Jan 18, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Eric wrote:
Guns owners are just evil nut cases, with penis envy.
Says the coward who lives in a secure world thanks to them. You lib gun nuts are utterly helpless without the DOERS in the world.

Level 9

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#70
Jan 18, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Eric wrote:
Guns owners are just evil nut cases, with penis envy.
You play with yours way too much...
Bart

Chittenango, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#71
Jan 20, 2013
 
A gun owner is 22 times more likely to kill himself or a family member than to use his or her gun in self defense.
funny

Canastota, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#72
Jan 21, 2013
 
Dumb law. I'm buying 3 more guns tomorrow. I'm buying cases of ammunition before the NICS check goes into effect on April 15, 2013.

Oathkeepers. For all you people that don't realize that if you are a citizen of the US, you took the oath to uphold your Constitution. In every indstrialized nation, there has been a revolution when the government began to abuse its authorities. History repeats itself. These young kids of generation x and the milenials just don't understand this.

I keep asking these question but no one can seem to answer it...

Why do you think that the 2nd amendment was the 2nd most important right after the 1st? Why do you think it was placed in the top ten and ultimately called the Bill of Rights.

So, come on, you anti gun grabbers, answer these questions.
Cuomo

Rome, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#73
Jan 21, 2013
 
Is a hypocrite. When he was elected the first thing he did was downsize the psychiatric centers and let a lot of the patients out on the streets. Not released cause Drs determined they were safe, but because Cuomo said so. Trust me he isnt pouring any money into the mental health system. Now he wants to pretend he cares in order to take the rights of law abiding citizens. I hope people stop falling for all these politicians and their self serving lies. Vote for real change, stand up to big government. I'm voting Ventura 2016, Washington needs to be shaken up
Cuomo

Rome, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#74
Jan 21, 2013
 
Is just like Obama, he buys the sheepels love by distracting them with gifts like welfare and casinos, all while stripping your rights away in the dead of night. It doesnt have to be this way, there are enough educated voters to out number the uneducated ones, rally together there is 4 yrs to get the right candidate. Take note he is not rushing legislation to take EBT cash machines out of liquor stores and strip clubs, who votes is he trying to win. Do you really want bloodsuckers and big bussiness determining the next president.
More than that

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#75
Jan 21, 2013
 
funny wrote:
Dumb law. I'm buying 3 more guns tomorrow. I'm buying cases of ammunition before the NICS check goes into effect on April 15, 2013.
Oathkeepers. For all you people that don't realize that if you are a citizen of the US, you took the oath to uphold your Constitution. In every indstrialized nation, there has been a revolution when the government began to abuse its authorities. History repeats itself. These young kids of generation x and the milenials just don't understand this.
I keep asking these question but no one can seem to answer it...
Why do you think that the 2nd amendment was the 2nd most important right after the 1st? Why do you think it was placed in the top ten and ultimately called the Bill of Rights.
So, come on, you anti gun grabbers, answer these questions.
Best post today! Cuomo has opened up a shitstorm ofproblems and with luck hell get shown the door. Our governor here in the south was quoted as citing cuomos attack on owner's rights as a -what NOT to do- as a solution for guns.
Mad Max

Syracuse, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#76
Jan 21, 2013
 
Shut down Remington Arms. Saw all the damn guns in half! A crazy person can't shoot anyone if there are no guns being made.
Utopia

Oxon Hill, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#78
Jan 21, 2013
 
Mad Max wrote:
Shut down Remington Arms. Saw all the damn guns in half! A crazy person can't shoot anyone if there are no guns being made.
Max - there's no Utopia, the guns dont just disappear, great idea, however, who will fund the gun collection? Who will ensure that all were turned in? Who can be trusted to run the program and make sure that none make it back on the street...
A great wish, a little lite on practicality...
Even Hitler and Mao could never make it happen...China still has school violence with sw
ords and
spears...
patriot

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#79
Jan 21, 2013
 
More than that wrote:
<quoted text>Best post today! Cuomo has opened up a shitstorm ofproblems and with luck hell get shown the door. Our governor here in the south was quoted as citing cuomos attack on owner's rights as a -what NOT to do- as a solution for guns.
See post "why govenor cuomo is wrong"
russia

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#80
Jan 21, 2013
 
We are not defending criminals and the new law is not preventing the criminals from having those guns. You see criminals don't buy their guns legally. The steal them or buy them from black market. This law only punishes law abiding weapon owners. Do you really think that passing this law is going to stop a criminal from getting the weapon he wants? No all that's going to happen is your going to see crime rates rise because the criminals now know that the house they want to rob is unarmed. Keep letting this crap go on and pretty soon you will have no rights. How about we make the punishment more harsh for possessing a stolen weapon or for not having the proper permit. How about we make that punishment 10 years prison no questions asked no deals. Then maybe the criminal may think twice about having a stolen or illegally purchased weapon. STOP TAKING THE RIGHTS OF LAW ABIDING CITIZENS AWAY!!!
Sam wrote:
<quoted text>Thank God that we have sensible and intelligent Liberals that make the right choices! This NY gun control law should have gone farther. I'd rather have 20 kids and 6 teachers alive and well than be concerned about Remington making 10 less guns per year. I'd rather have two firemen alive and well than to worry about the rights of some nut being able to own a military style rifle. Don't understand how people want to defend the rights of criminals and crazies to have guns and don't seem to worry about the violence they create.
Cuomo

Rome, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#81
Jan 22, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Mad Max wrote:
Shut down Remington Arms. Saw all the damn guns in half! A crazy person can't shoot anyone if there are no guns being made.
Look at Australia. They banned guns completely and destroyed them. Only legal gun owners complied of course. Since then crime has sky rocketed and they did not even know what a home invasion was until it started happening after the ban. Yep the government opened up a free for all for criminals, no longer afraid to go into your home while you are there, they have the guns and know you don't.

“I'm me. Deal with it!”

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#82
Jan 22, 2013
 
Bart wrote:
A gun owner is 22 times more likely to kill himself or a family member than to use his or her gun in self defense.
Well big seal so what? I am sure a steak knife owner is 22 times more likely to kill himself or family with it that use it in self defense. Bays. Irons, like that New Hartford creep who killed his nice GF. All you point out is that you can't make a point and people attack more than they defend and that the whole anti gun debate is a farce. Thank you!

“I'm me. Deal with it!”

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#83
Jan 22, 2013
 
Typo. "Bats". People kill far more often with everyday items even pushing people off subway platforms instead of guns. All Mr. Cuomo has done is outlaw the "scarey looking" guns and add token mental health oversight that is all he did.
All this is a distraction from the fact that they ruined the state.
Ian

Syracuse, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#84
Jan 23, 2013
 
Less guns equate to less overall crime.
Still on my High Horse

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#85
Jan 23, 2013
 
Gun Nut Reich Wing Conservatives refuse to cut Defense Spending, yet they crave to hoard guns and ammo to defend themselves in case the US Military turns on them.
Still on my High Horse

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#86
Jan 23, 2013
 
Cuomo wrote:
<quoted text>Look at Australia. They banned guns completely and destroyed them. Only legal gun owners complied of course. Since then crime has sky rocketed and they did not even know what a home invasion was until it started happening after the ban. Yep the government opened up a free for all for criminals, no longer afraid to go into your home while you are there, they have the guns and know you don't.
And there hasnt been a single mass shooting or assault weapon attack since their ban either. Go make some fresh Kool-Aid

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Utica Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Utica People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Utica News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Utica
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••