Goodbye to Remington arms
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
More than that

Astoria, NY

#75 Jan 21, 2013
funny wrote:
Dumb law. I'm buying 3 more guns tomorrow. I'm buying cases of ammunition before the NICS check goes into effect on April 15, 2013.
Oathkeepers. For all you people that don't realize that if you are a citizen of the US, you took the oath to uphold your Constitution. In every indstrialized nation, there has been a revolution when the government began to abuse its authorities. History repeats itself. These young kids of generation x and the milenials just don't understand this.
I keep asking these question but no one can seem to answer it...
Why do you think that the 2nd amendment was the 2nd most important right after the 1st? Why do you think it was placed in the top ten and ultimately called the Bill of Rights.
So, come on, you anti gun grabbers, answer these questions.
Best post today! Cuomo has opened up a shitstorm ofproblems and with luck hell get shown the door. Our governor here in the south was quoted as citing cuomos attack on owner's rights as a -what NOT to do- as a solution for guns.
Mad Max

Durhamville, NY

#76 Jan 21, 2013
Shut down Remington Arms. Saw all the damn guns in half! A crazy person can't shoot anyone if there are no guns being made.
Utopia

Oxon Hill, MD

#78 Jan 21, 2013
Mad Max wrote:
Shut down Remington Arms. Saw all the damn guns in half! A crazy person can't shoot anyone if there are no guns being made.
Max - there's no Utopia, the guns dont just disappear, great idea, however, who will fund the gun collection? Who will ensure that all were turned in? Who can be trusted to run the program and make sure that none make it back on the street...
A great wish, a little lite on practicality...
Even Hitler and Mao could never make it happen...China still has school violence with sw
ords and
spears...
patriot

Utica, NY

#79 Jan 21, 2013
More than that wrote:
<quoted text>Best post today! Cuomo has opened up a shitstorm ofproblems and with luck hell get shown the door. Our governor here in the south was quoted as citing cuomos attack on owner's rights as a -what NOT to do- as a solution for guns.
See post "why govenor cuomo is wrong"
russia

Utica, NY

#80 Jan 21, 2013
We are not defending criminals and the new law is not preventing the criminals from having those guns. You see criminals don't buy their guns legally. The steal them or buy them from black market. This law only punishes law abiding weapon owners. Do you really think that passing this law is going to stop a criminal from getting the weapon he wants? No all that's going to happen is your going to see crime rates rise because the criminals now know that the house they want to rob is unarmed. Keep letting this crap go on and pretty soon you will have no rights. How about we make the punishment more harsh for possessing a stolen weapon or for not having the proper permit. How about we make that punishment 10 years prison no questions asked no deals. Then maybe the criminal may think twice about having a stolen or illegally purchased weapon. STOP TAKING THE RIGHTS OF LAW ABIDING CITIZENS AWAY!!!
Sam wrote:
<quoted text>Thank God that we have sensible and intelligent Liberals that make the right choices! This NY gun control law should have gone farther. I'd rather have 20 kids and 6 teachers alive and well than be concerned about Remington making 10 less guns per year. I'd rather have two firemen alive and well than to worry about the rights of some nut being able to own a military style rifle. Don't understand how people want to defend the rights of criminals and crazies to have guns and don't seem to worry about the violence they create.
Cuomo

Cortland, NY

#81 Jan 22, 2013
Mad Max wrote:
Look at Australia. They banned guns completely and destroyed them. Only legal gun owners complied of course. Since then crime has sky rocketed and they did not even know what a home invasion was until it started happening after the ban. Yep the government opened up a free for all for criminals, no longer afraid to go into your home while you are there, they have the guns and know you don't.
Ian

Rome, NY

#84 Jan 23, 2013
Less guns equate to less overall crime.
Still on my High Horse

Rochester, NY

#85 Jan 23, 2013
Gun Nut Reich Wing Conservatives refuse to cut Defense Spending, yet they crave to hoard guns and ammo to defend themselves in case the US Military turns on them.
Still on my High Horse

Rochester, NY

#86 Jan 23, 2013
Cuomo wrote:
<quoted text>Look at Australia. They banned guns completely and destroyed them. Only legal gun owners complied of course. Since then crime has sky rocketed and they did not even know what a home invasion was until it started happening after the ban. Yep the government opened up a free for all for criminals, no longer afraid to go into your home while you are there, they have the guns and know you don't.
And there hasnt been a single mass shooting or assault weapon attack since their ban either. Go make some fresh Kool-Aid
Oliver Holmes

Utica, NY

#87 Jan 23, 2013
One day after President Barack Obama won re-election, his Administration agreed to a new round of international negotiations to revive a United Nations-sponsored treaty regulating the international sale of conventional arms, which critics fear could affect the Constitutionally protected right of U.S. citizens to purchase and bear firearms.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2013/01/23/does-...
Funy

Oneida, NY

#88 Jan 23, 2013
I posted #72. I did exactly what I said I was going to do. I legally bought two new guns today. I bought the remaining boxes of ammunition that were left in the shop. ALL LEGALLY.

No one has answered my question. Come on, seriously. Answer the questions. For every nay-sayer, or person that talks out their behind, answer the questions. I'm posting them again.

Answer these questions.

What don't you understand about the 2nd Amendment. Why do you think it was placed 2nd right after the 1st. Why do you think that the top ten Amendments make up the Bill of Rights.
D-Way-I-See-It

Newark, NY

#89 Jan 24, 2013
If they shut down Remington, will they sell their machining equipment? Just imagine all the cool stuff the former employees will be parting with at garage sales and craigslist postings.
Cuomo

Cortland, NY

#90 Jan 24, 2013
Still on my High Horse wrote:
<quoted text>
And there hasnt been a single mass shooting or assault weapon attack since their ban either. Go make some fresh Kool-Aid
I don't call names or judge you when you kick and scream about your rights to kill a fetus. I support you whether I personally agree or not because the government should not be allowed to have that much power and control over the individual. They can't tell you you can't kill your unborn child and they can't tell me I can't protect mine. Just remember more childre die each year from abortions than shootings.
Ian

Oneida, NY

#91 Jan 24, 2013
If you don't have a gun, you can't shoot at anyone. If guns were not so plentiful, every criminal would not have a dozen of them. The more guns we make, the more problems we have. Shut down this factory of death and the blood money that it generates.
Listen

Oneida, NY

#92 Jan 24, 2013
Some of you just don't get it. I get it. For many years I gave up my guns. I use to have probably 20. I was and still am a true sporstmen. I provided food from the land and animals that I harvested to my family.

When my family has been called to duty, we ablidged, no questions asked. Some of you feel that only your government should have firearms. Some of you feel that noone should have firearms. Some of you feel that certain types of guns should be banned. ALL of you have your opinion, just like myself.

What none of you are understanding is that the legislators back on September 25, 1785 knew that the only two Amendments that could never be ratified were the first two. WHY? Because if for any reason that civilians were called to duty, they would be prepared without the need for the military to provide them with a weapon due to the lack of enough of them in the event war was declared.

They also knew that this was not to be infringed for another reason. If US citizens own government began abusing the Bill of Rights then it was and is the duty of the Citizenry to defend the constitution under any circumstances. Every military personnel, police, and judicial office doesn't swear on the bible (due to religions), they take an oath.

Our Govenor violated that oath. I believe in gun control for many reasons. What I don't believe in are unconstitutional laws or tactics used, by "executive order". What makes it so grand for him and the 43 legislators that rushed to passing these draconian laws, and even admit that they would have to ratify them?

What two amendments have NEVER been ratified and our own SCOTUS has declared this (even liberals)? The first and Second Amendments. Using these events (Sandy Hook, Virginia Tech) does not forward the cause. This recent legislation only proves that their (Dandy Andy and the likes) knee jerk reactions are not carefully thought out. Nor was the fact that they drafted the legislation that even blocks out the police. They violated two primary principles and even admitted it. No 3 day waiting period, and no public hearing. Liberals, like Cuomo, just shot himself in his own foot. If you have so many people agreeing with him, then why didn't he take advantage of the open and transparent government to include the people as opposed to his high dollar buddies pressing him, and giving him false information for his bid toward the White House.

Read between the lines and start educating yourselves. Younger generations don't have the same value systems that we older folks have and so proudly protected. Don't be afraid young guns (pardon the pun), you have many older, wiser people that will guide you instead of the political posturing that baits the misconception of what a politician is suppose to be doing.

I am ashamed at Valesky, Stirpe, and the other 41. I will be at the February 8th protest. It is my right, and I exercise my rights because my family has fought and nutured for so long to keep them since April 5, 1812. Its our duty as US Citizens.

I am an oathkeeper.
karen

Utica, NY

#93 Jan 27, 2013
So sad
Concerned Citizen

Utica, NY

#94 Jan 27, 2013
Very well said. Cuomo used those innocent children to further his career in 2016.
Ian

Tully, NY

#95 Jan 27, 2013
We need to get rid of all the assualt guns that have no other purpose besides killing people.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
rah rah im trump rahhhhh 29 min Scary Movie 10 1
Bogus new jobs with nano tech 1 hr Zak 134
Erik beasock 2 hr SjL 1
NHL player dale p. 2 hr Curious 1
Welfare to Work Program 4 hr Gaggy 22
What does being "SUCCESSFUL" in Life mean to YOU? 5 hr Joe 5
Jill Reale of WKTV (Jan '09) 7 hr Turning Channel 247
How to defeat the police licence plate readers: (Jul '10) 16 hr all idots must dw... 196
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Utica Mortgages