Comments
21 - 40 of 89 Comments Last updated Jan 27, 2013
gilly

Feeding Hills, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Jan 15, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

i used to like cuomo but he is acting stupid about this, he is picking on something that doesent even go to the core of the problem. he is a one term gov and he has no chance to win for president even with that bad accent. Where do these elected officials come from and did our local brindisi and griffo make this law.Did they vote yes.And by the way if you shoot a gun in a bar on bleecker street do you still keep your license. Remember that fiasco.
nick

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Jan 15, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

He is One OF are WORST Presidents we have ever had, and that’s even worst then clition who got, oh you know in the oval office…, Please spar me the OHHHH he is so great…, Please tell me 3 things he has done?...oh wait that’s right NOTHING!! Health care…yea wait till you really see what is is…NOW these GUN laws?, There goes are second AMENDMENT RIGHT!“The RIGHT to bear arms”,not the Right to bear arms with 7 bullets?...no it states “right to keep and bear arms (often referred as the right to bear arms or to have arms) is the enumerated right that people have a personal right to own arms for individual use, and a collective right to bear arms in a militia” WE THE PEOPLE ARE GIVING TO MUCH POWER TO THE WRONG PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!

“An excitable boy”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23
Jan 15, 2013
 

Judged:

5

4

3

Cuomo's rants are just theater to erode rights like tax & spend Liberals do while they distract from the real problems like the Albany sex scandal coverup with Silver and the fact that NY is at least in the top three "worst states to do business with in the USA".

All problems New York has are the result of bad leadership and voters who aren't paying any attention. Governor Andrew Cuomo even used privilege to remove the usual three day review the public and the legislature has to review whatever nonsense reactionary bill they are voting on this time.

This is a Kansas City Shuffle all day and the Senate rolling over on it is a sign that the Republican Shiesters in Albany will also get their hand washed somehow as the Dems look the other way. They'll probably have RoAnne destito award them all the contracts for all the extra crap they'll claim to need to support this rape of the rights of New Yorkers. Just the "Safe New York" banner hanging in from of the Governor and his two idiots in front of the tin state seal probably cost you $2000 bux.

The Mohawk Valley needs to rally once and for all and dump anyone who had their hands on this in any way. They're threatening to destroy you for the sake of the latest headline grab that includes eroding your rights.

This should be challenged with a blizzard of lawsuits and threat to "un-elect" anyone who had anything to do with this when the smoke clears. I hope Remington stays but their CEO doesn't play around and this could easily trigger a move.

Remington Arms is the oldest company in the United States that continues to manufacture its original products at that plant. There is a bomb dropping on you people like noneother and you'd better get one group together to raise holy fuckin' shit over this and start making ACCOUNTABILITY for this injury your priority. Nothing else is going to change your fate at this point but making this the biggest stink that Albany ever heard of. They are corrupt and just distracting from the fact they create 80% of your problems. Wake up you guys! WTF?!
Sam

Syracuse, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25
Jan 15, 2013
 

Judged:

5

4

4

Ian Hob wrote:
Cuomo's rants are just theater to erode rights like tax & spend Liberals do while they distract from the real problems like the Albany sex scandal coverup with Silver and the fact that NY is at least in the top three "worst states to do business with in the USA".
All problems New York has are the result of bad leadership and voters who aren't paying any attention. Governor Andrew Cuomo even used privilege to remove the usual three day review the public and the legislature has to review whatever nonsense reactionary bill they are voting on this time.
This is a Kansas City Shuffle all day and the Senate rolling over on it is a sign that the Republican Shiesters in Albany will also get their hand washed somehow as the Dems look the other way. They'll probably have RoAnne destito award them all the contracts for all the extra crap they'll claim to need to support this rape of the rights of New Yorkers. Just the "Safe New York" banner hanging in from of the Governor and his two idiots in front of the tin state seal probably cost you $2000 bux.
The Mohawk Valley needs to rally once and for all and dump anyone who had their hands on this in any way. They're threatening to destroy you for the sake of the latest headline grab that includes eroding your rights.
This should be challenged with a blizzard of lawsuits and threat to "un-elect" anyone who had anything to do with this when the smoke clears. I hope Remington stays but their CEO doesn't play around and this could easily trigger a move.
Remington Arms is the oldest company in the United States that continues to manufacture its original products at that plant. There is a bomb dropping on you people like noneother and you'd better get one group together to raise holy fuckin' shit over this and start making ACCOUNTABILITY for this injury your priority. Nothing else is going to change your fate at this point but making this the biggest stink that Albany ever heard of. They are corrupt and just distracting from the fact they create 80% of your problems. Wake up you guys! WTF?!
Thank God that we have sensible and intelligent Liberals that make the right choices! This NY gun control law should have gone farther. I'd rather have 20 kids and 6 teachers alive and well than be concerned about Remington making 10 less guns per year. I'd rather have two firemen alive and well than to worry about the rights of some nut being able to own a military style rifle. Don't understand how people want to defend the rights of criminals and crazies to have guns and don't seem to worry about the violence they create.

“An excitable boy”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26
Jan 15, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

lern to spel wrote:
<quoted text>
Boy, that was original.
Actually.. it's true and very very original. Remington is the oldest company in the United States that continues to manufacture its original products. This threatens to destroy it or at the very least aggrivate the owners right out of the area.

Starting with right now someone would make a fortune making a documentary about New York politics that broadsides ALL of those people. You've had the same three men in a room making deals and now this absolute vulture Andrew Cuomo.

“An excitable boy”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#27
Jan 15, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Sam wrote:
<quoted text>Thank God that we have sensible and intelligent Liberals that make the right choices! This NY gun control law should have gone farther. I'd rather have 20 kids and 6 teachers alive and well than be concerned about Remington making 10 less guns per year. I'd rather have two firemen alive and well than to worry about the rights of some nut being able to own a military style rifle. Don't understand how people want to defend the rights of criminals and crazies to have guns and don't seem to worry about the violence they create.
Your logic is faulty. The shootings at Virginia Tech killed 35 people and injured more. Those were pistols, which arguably, are more lethal if used in a school shooting. The Glock the Virginia Tech guy had has a clip that holds 17 rounds and it's a bear to detect with a metal detector. None of those weapons were touched in these Bills with the exception of added mental health oversight. Which, in light of the fact this is all theater anyway in response to a terrible headline is just another excuse for Albany to mismanage a few billion more of your dollars helping no-one but themselves.

I hope it never happens again but you can't defend against evil unless you have some lethal force of your own on tap. You are all up against the human condition and the depression and moral rot of society, not someone who will obey a law made by scam artists to hide their won train wreck. This will just make pistols or who knows bombs? the defacto weapon of choice in mass killings.

People who see real threats objective;y can handle them. All you've done is set yourself up for a bigger suprise the next time there's a mass killing now.

In Isreal they have no school shootings. The children's parents aren't pc cowards hoping for a flowery law abiding world, that's vanity... those parents in Isreal know exactly what kind of evil is out there when it comes to suicidal people bent on mass killing every single day for decades. The teachers have weapons and they are treated almost blase. The United States would do well to seek really effective treatment of it's ill and arm the damned teachers. These shootings will slow to a trickle.

The next time you hear the same kind of news guys.. just blame yourselves for hoping when you could have taken an "All of the Above" approach to your children safety.

If that was your child, and you know DAMNED WELL this new law makes no-one that much safer at all.. if cruel real fate dictated that a madman was going to walk into your child's school TOMORROW with evil on their mind.. and all these poofety laws have failed you and your kid.. and the police were at best 6 minutes away..

What has the State of New York done to your child?

Teachers rarely go postal at all. Give them the option to protect them kids as a means of last resort.

Meantime someone talk about the Albany scandals this is all a distraction exploiting a tragedy.
also

Camillus, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#28
Jan 15, 2013
 
Ian Hob wrote:
<quoted text>Actually.. it's true and very very original. Remington is the oldest company in the United States that continues to manufacture its original products. This threatens to destroy it or at the very least aggrivate the owners right out of the area.
Starting with right now someone would make a fortune making a documentary about New York politics that broadsides ALL of those people. You've had the same three men in a room making deals and now this absolute vulture Andrew Cuomo.
Caswell-Massey 1752

Baker's Chocolate 1765

DuPont 1802

Colgate 1806

Pfaltzgraff 1811
ball holder

Kirkville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29
Jan 16, 2013
 

Judged:

5

3

2

All the guys that work there come to my store and buy jock straps, if they go out of business it will sure hurt my business too!
Oliver Holmes

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#30
Jan 16, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

2

Andrew Cuomo will NEVER be president. His dog and pony show about gun control will NEVER sell outside of New York State.
A taxpayer

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#31
Jan 16, 2013
 
Wacko wrote:
<quoted text>So what's the solution? I totally understand owning a gun to protect yourself but do you need an assault rifle? Everyone thinks that they are going to take away all your guns which is untrue.
Who is to determine what law abbiding citizens need?
ward

Rome, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#32
Jan 16, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Quick fact. If you look at the statistics of all murders in NYS .04% are from a long gun(rifle) .01% are from AR's. We need to ban mother nature cause snow because that creates more deaths. How bout this if you commit a crime you serve your whole sentence.
yep

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#33
Jan 16, 2013
 
obama at work, he will take out all us business. One world power , you democrats just wont believe it... whake up people its right in front of you
Shipwreck Lady

Syracuse, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#34
Jan 16, 2013
 
Actually you might want a handgun if you've ever been followed into the womens room by some freak.
Davey C

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#35
Jan 16, 2013
 
Da Law wrote:
<quoted text>
I own a Ruger 10/22. The same plinking rifle I learned to shoot with at Camp Russell. Millions upon millions of that gun have been sold since it was introduced in 1964. It is in no way, shape, or form a military weapon.
Because I have an after-market stock with a pistol grip I now own an "assault rifle" and will have to register it.
The 10 round magazines the gun has used for close to 50 years are now illegal. If I'm caught with one I go to jail for a felony.
you can get 25 round clips for the ruger 10/22 as well. ive got a handful of em
just me

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36
Jan 16, 2013
 
It's too bad that when government fails, the first to get punished are the law-abiding citizens. I'm afraid that andy and the rest of leftist wingnuts have shot themselves in the foot. They have created a new class of criminal, the once law-abiding New Yorker who will now risk arrest to keep guns that have magazines that hold more than 7 shots. Some of these are antiques with a federal law governing them. Any of the legislators voting for andy's asinine, inane gun bill can't own a firearm under the mental deficiency part of this new insult. Their actions were anything but sane.
wrong

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#37
Jan 16, 2013
 
Wacko wrote:
<quoted text>Eddy, don't call people idiot, etc. just because you don't agree with them. Look, AR's are not needed in someone's home. I'm not saying that that is the only type of gun that's being used in mass shootings. The guns that are being used in these mass shootings are more than likely the ones that you're going to be able to keep in your home. With that being said, there are some owners that do not know how to be responsible owners. Background checks are needed and unecessaryguns should be taken out of homes.
Please stop saying assault rifles are not needed. There are a lot of things in society that people do not need but they choose to own. That is what makes this counrtry such a great place to call home. It is not a matter of what i need but more about what i choose to do. If we based all of our laws solely on what everyone needs and disregard what they want, what kind of world would this be?

“I'm me. Deal with it!”

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#38
Jan 16, 2013
 
So true! I had a local cop stalk me my father's security company caught him at a rented house of ours. They told me to get a permit so I applied. I even listed that incident on my permit application along with another incident and am now taking my courses. It wasn't that hard, nobody else is going to protect you. I don't see why grown men are so afraid of weapons if I'm not and I'm 110 lbs. The world is just crazy.

Level 9

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#40
Jan 16, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Heather knows wrote:
So true! I had a local cop stalk me my father's security company caught him at a rented house of ours. They told me to get a permit so I applied. I even listed that incident on my permit application along with another incident and am now taking my courses. It wasn't that hard, nobody else is going to protect you. I don't see why grown men are so afraid of weapons if I'm not and I'm 110 lbs. The world is just crazy.
The crazy ones are the morons that think Cuomo's law will save lives. If someone wants to murder a bunch of people,is this silly law going to deter them? NO!

“I'm me. Deal with it!”

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#41
Jan 16, 2013
 
Ian Hob wrote:
Cuomo's rants are just theater to erode rights like tax & spend Liberals do while they distract from the real problems like the Albany sex scandal coverup with Silver and the fact that NY is at least in the top three "worst states to do business with in the USA".
All problems New York has are the result of bad leadership and voters who aren't paying any attention. Governor Andrew Cuomo even used privilege to remove the usual three day review the public and the legislature has to review whatever nonsense reactionary bill they are voting on this time.
This is a Kansas City Shuffle all day and the Senate rolling over on it is a sign that the Republican Shiesters in Albany will also get their hand washed somehow as the Dems look the other way. They'll probably have RoAnne destito award them all the contracts for all the extra crap they'll claim to need to support this rape of the rights of New Yorkers. Just the "Safe New York" banner hanging in from of the Governor and his two idiots in front of the tin state seal probably cost you $2000 bux.
The Mohawk Valley needs to rally once and for all and dump anyone who had their hands on this in any way. They're threatening to destroy you for the sake of the latest headline grab that includes eroding your rights.
This should be challenged with a blizzard of lawsuits and threat to "un-elect" anyone who had anything to do with this when the smoke clears. I hope Remington stays but their CEO doesn't play around and this could easily trigger a move.
Remington Arms is the oldest company in the United States that continues to manufacture its original products at that plant. There is a bomb dropping on you people like noneother and you'd better get one group together to raise holy fuckin' shit over this and start making ACCOUNTABILITY for this injury your priority. Nothing else is going to change your fate at this point but making this the biggest stink that Albany ever heard of. They are corrupt and just distracting from the fact they create 80% of your problems. Wake up you guys! WTF?!
Great post Hob! Where have you been?

“I'm me. Deal with it!”

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#42
Jan 16, 2013
 
KY WELLER wrote:
<quoted text> The crazy ones are the morons that think Cuomo's law will save lives. If someone wants to murder a bunch of people,is this silly law going to deter them? NO!
Yes! I think it only highlights the clueless idiots. Unfortunately they will learn when now the wackos use a bomb or whatever next time.
These people are just out to exploit a tragedy to grab the guns. If they cared they would have all upheld the Clinton gun ban. Yet somehow all these liberals didn't care then when the Clinton ban lapsed because there wasn't enough emotion or current events in it for them to get a press conference. This ban of Cuomo's will be challenged and repealed. People are already taking the lists of names of who not to re-elect. I will be voting accordingly and so will my friends who I am studying all these events with at school. This is a big issue and people aren't going to let it go. NYS is ruining it's citizens I am so glad I don't have to live here anymore soon. Have a nice night KY.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Utica Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Utica People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Utica News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Utica
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••