do people want made in usa products?

do people want made in usa products?

Posted in the Utica Forum

i love ny

Baldwinsville, NY

#1 Feb 6, 2012
I try to buy made in usa whenever i can.

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#3 Feb 6, 2012
People want the best deal they can get for their money. Most people never look to see where a product is made. If it is a good price, they will buy it. More and more people are willing to sacrifice quality for cost. That is not to say that all American made products are better or more expensive than foreign products however you usually get what you pay for. Caveat emptor - let the buyer beware.
south utica

Utica, NY

#4 Feb 6, 2012
I always want American made first! You have to look but can do it, just not at Walmart!!

United States

#6 Mar 31, 2014
I try to buy made in the USA products that is why I rarely shop at walmart. YES, your pay more for US made products, you can thank the unions for that, however, the quality is much better. shop on line at Made in the USA websites...our family does!
We got tired of throwing our hard earned money away on buying cheap foreign junk! Also, I rather support our people (and I dont mean the rich union mob bosses) with jobs so they can feed their families.
Had It

Utica, NY

#7 Mar 31, 2014
I consider myself to be patriotic. I always bought American but then realized that doing so keeps funding the unions which I consider at this point in time to be a detriment to this country. Now I buy everything foreign that I can. The cycle has to be broken b4 its too late. Has anybody checked out detroit lately? Utica, and dozens of other once great cities. Things aint gettin better folks and its not all Bushes fault no matter what you read on huff post. Times getting short...

South New Berlin, NY

#8 Mar 31, 2014
south utica wrote:
I always want American made first! You have to look but can do it, just not at Walmart!!
I agree. And I am more than willing to pay more for a product made in the USA. I also try to seek out the smaller business. I look locally first, then try on-line. Etsy is a great resource as well and you can see where the business is located.
Uncle Sam

Albany, NY

#10 Apr 1, 2014
If all Americans started buying American made products and supporting their local merchants most of our financial problems would get better. American manufacturing would have to hire more people because of the demand. Economics 101 unfortunately our politicians are nitwits.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Glenn Beck Sucks (Aug '10) 13 min Respect71 11,021
Why is Leominster, MA so broken down nasty with... 31 min ItsTheirs 26
Rules are not meant for everyone apparently 38 min 2 cents 3
Syracuse basketball 45 min Bernie 11
Utica to merge with surrounding villages? 48 min Obama 16
Can WKTV put the reins on this guy 50 min got a crush 6
News Funding for Centro to be fully restored 53 min Obama 2
Trashy Utica kids attending New Hartford schools? 55 min Typical Utican 98
Petition against downtown location 3 hr Exactly 39
More from around the web