Best Concert of all time in Utica NY
Cornhill Escapee

Bath, NC

#22 Feb 23, 2011
I must have not been in the area when the Mac was at the Stanley or Rod Stewart at the Aud. Seems like I'd always heard that Orleans played a UFA dance when they were up and coming. I'd also forgotten about the Doobie Bros. singing Black Water at the Aud. How bout Elvis Costello at Four Acres. I remember a concert in Cuse one year, Alice Cooper, Queen and Breckenridge, outstanding show as well as was Genesis.
John Hall

Baldwinsville, NY

#23 Feb 23, 2011
Cornhill Escapee wrote:
I must have not been in the area when the Mac was at the Stanley or Rod Stewart at the Aud. Seems like I'd always heard that Orleans played a UFA dance when they were up and coming. I'd also forgotten about the Doobie Bros. singing Black Water at the Aud. How bout Elvis Costello at Four Acres. I remember a concert in Cuse one year, Alice Cooper, Queen and Breckenridge, outstanding show as well as was Genesis.
Orleans played a dance at New Hartford HS in 1975
Hoo Boy

Utica, NY

#24 Feb 23, 2011
1975 Bob Saeger, followed by Blue Oyster Cult, followed by BTO.
King Crimson

Rutland, VT

#25 Feb 23, 2011
U-K opening for Jethro Tull back in 79.
Cornhill Escapee

Bath, NC

#26 Feb 23, 2011
Thanks John, I was thinking about 74 or so at UFA so that sounds about right. Anyone see the Robin Trower concert?
John Hall

Baldwinsville, NY

#27 Feb 23, 2011
Taj Mahal and Melanie at the Stanley, Melanie was very drunk
spletch

AOL

#28 Feb 23, 2011
The Tubes at the Stanley. Todd Rudgren opened and was horrible. "I saw her standing there"
Acqrock

Newark, NJ

#29 Feb 23, 2011
deidre wrote:
I saw the original Ramones at 4 Acres in the mid-late 70s, too. Quite an experience: hated 'em and was fascinated at the same time.
They recorded the show at 4 Acres that night, and it's available !
jazzy

Baldwinsville, NY

#30 Feb 23, 2011
Zot wrote:
<quoted text>Blue Oyster Cult blew Boston off the that night.
who was the third band playing that nite

I remember Sammy Haggar opening for Boston in the late 70s at the aud...thought it was Sammy, 38 Special and Boston. And yea... it was definitely a crazy show!
jazzy

Baldwinsville, NY

#31 Feb 23, 2011
four acres! too bad its gone! So many good times /bands there!
John Hall

Baldwinsville, NY

#32 Feb 23, 2011
Ratdog was the last concert at the Stanley before they remodeled it. When they played"One more Saturday night" the balcony was moving up and down..got a great "Contact High" that night!
stonesrock

Utica, NY

#33 Feb 23, 2011
Familyjewels wrote:
KISS...spring of 1976....awesome !
Was that the show where they destroyed their dressing room after the show?
nra fan

Syracuse, NY

#34 Feb 23, 2011
Cornhill Escapee wrote:
I've been to plenty concerts in Utica, mostly 1978 and back. My favorites were Bruce Springsteen at the Aud at Christmas 77 or so or the Alice Cooper Show when they did the guillitine thing. There have plenty of good ones.
I was at both of those concerts. Springsteen wasn't that well known at the time. Alice Cooper was awesome.
John Hall

Baldwinsville, NY

#35 Feb 23, 2011
Springsteen kept playing even after they turned the lights on at the aud! I think David Sancious was still playing with them...This area sure has had alot of GREAT concerts!Saw John Fogerty and another time Little Feat at the Turning Stone...real good stuff!
larry vaughn

Worcester, MA

#36 Feb 23, 2011
Kiss crazy nights tour. Bad English. Bad Company. Damn Yankees. Patty smith and Scandel at the Stanley, and any show at the Uptown
eee

New Hartford, NY

#37 Feb 23, 2011
the band at rnr preserve
john

United States

#38 Feb 23, 2011
Grateful dead in the 70s
Hmmmm

Utica, NY

#39 Feb 23, 2011
holycrapola wrote:
And people wonder why there aren't great concerts coming to the Aud anymore. Look at the place. It's a dump.
The best concert I went to was Billy Joel at the Carrier Dome. All tix were $40! Top it off, Orange County Choppers was there presenting Billy Joel his new bike they built.
If any of you watched American Choppers' Billy Joel Bike episode, that was the concert.
Yes I was there, Billy is the best but the acoustics were awful and no....all tix were not $40, they went well over $100, he is excellent but that was not his best ever.
Haha! In the 80's my first concert was at the Aud.....Ratt opened up by Poison.....geeze I thought I had died and gone to heaven! I was 14 and my Mom wouldn't let me go without supervision so she bought a ticket and sat with earplugs in and a book so my friend and myself could go....good Mom.
victory

Geneva, NY

#40 Feb 23, 2011
How about the Village People at the Waterfront? Also Gloria Gaynor and some other disco babes... 1977-78
Me Too

New York, NY

#41 Feb 23, 2011
I missed out on the Springsteen show, otherwise I'm sure I'd be saying that one. The Black Sabbath (with Ozzy)show with Van Halen opening was a great one. Van Halen had just released their first album and we all know what happened after that!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Aqua Vino Review 2 min Interesting 21
Utica Is a Great Place to Find a Job! 44 min Stars4 40
Cny Auto Brokers 2 hr DeShawn 2
O there like tons of refugees in the school sys... 5 hr Stars4 6
Power dam.... (Aug '10) 5 hr Dam Kid 21
Ironic Nano news announced before elections 6 hr Echo 65
Green Street, Utica, NY 7 hr klb 12
Jill Reale of WKTV (Jan '09) Mon Diction 252
More from around the web

Personal Finance