Best Concert of all time in Utica NY

Posted in the Utica Forum

First Prev
of 13
Next Last
Cornhill Escapee

Bath, NC

#1 Feb 23, 2011
I've been to plenty concerts in Utica, mostly 1978 and back. My favorites were Bruce Springsteen at the Aud at Christmas 77 or so or the Alice Cooper Show when they did the guillitine thing. There have plenty of good ones.
relic

Cortland, NY

#2 Feb 23, 2011
Southside Johhny and J Geils at the Stanley.
Phee

Pultneyville, NY

#3 Feb 23, 2011
relic wrote:
Southside Johhny and J Geils at the Stanley.
Nope..NKB
UCme

Utica, NY

#4 Feb 23, 2011
Stevie Ray Vaughn @ the Stanley
MurrySislen

Cortland, NY

#5 Feb 23, 2011
B.T.O. 1975..packed building...they were Taking Care of Business..riding the top of the charts..great city back then..
Pearl Necklace

Baldwinsville, NY

#6 Feb 23, 2011
ZZ Top at the Aud...Orleans opened for them. That was way back when they wore the BIG cowboy hats and sequin outfits! Lost my hearing that night
loadman

Syracuse, NY

#7 Feb 23, 2011
BOSTON!!!!!!!!@the AUD...late70's,early 80's.they tore the place up..One of the best concerts I ever saw(there were many)
Julie

Rome, NY

#8 Feb 23, 2011
Cornhill Escapee wrote:
I've been to plenty concerts in Utica, mostly 1978 and back. My favorites were Bruce Springsteen at the Aud at Christmas 77 or so or the Alice Cooper Show when they did the guillitine thing. There have plenty of good ones.
I was at Alice Cooper's concert, too. It cost a whole $6.00 to get in!!
jersey joe

Ogdensburg, NY

#9 Feb 23, 2011
fleetwood mac at the stanley 1976
Lola

Fort Wayne, IN

#10 Feb 23, 2011
Kinks @ the Stanly
REO @ Aud
Gabriel!@ Stanly
L-O-L-A ... Lola!!
utica at it's best!!
deidre

Santa Fe, NM

#11 Feb 23, 2011
Great Topic ! I walked out of ZZ Top once in Utica, thought they were horrible and terribly, obnoxiously loud. I went there to see HOT TUNA who opened for them. But perhaps the BEST concert I saw in Utica was Rod Stewart and the Faces, waaay back when. The Aud was almost empty so everyone gathered on the floor right in front of the band and that group was PURE rock energy and Rod sounded as great as he did on Jeff Becks' "Truth".
Probably the best and purest rock band I ever saw live - they just went nuts playing !!! I saw the original Ramones at 4 Acres in the mid-late 70s, too. Quite an experience: hated 'em and was fascinated at the same time. ELO put on a great show at the Aud decades ago, with string sections and green lights and near perfect sound system...
Zot

Newark, NJ

#12 Feb 23, 2011
loadman wrote:
BOSTON!!!!!!!!@the AUD...late70's,early 80's.they tore the place up..One of the best concerts I ever saw(there were many)
Blue Oyster Cult blew Boston off the stage that night.
Zot

Newark, NJ

#13 Feb 23, 2011
Doobie Brothers, Lynyrd Skynyrd on Halloween, Tom Petty at Four Acres, KISS, Van Halen, Styx .. but that Geils concert was killer. Bill Orillio on stage dancing with Peter Wolf :)
holycrapola

Watertown, NY

#14 Feb 23, 2011
And people wonder why there aren't great concerts coming to the Aud anymore. Look at the place. It's a dump.

The best concert I went to was Billy Joel at the Carrier Dome. All tix were $40! Top it off, Orange County Choppers was there presenting Billy Joel his new bike they built.

If any of you watched American Choppers' Billy Joel Bike episode, that was the concert.
Old Rocker

Baldwinsville, NY

#15 Feb 23, 2011
Too bad we couldnt get acts back at the aud.
MuZak

AOL

#16 Feb 23, 2011
Familyjewels

Cortland, NY

#17 Feb 23, 2011
KISS...spring of 1976....awesome !
The Departed

Baldwinsville, NY

#18 Feb 23, 2011
kanye west @ the aud
Yaz

Poughkeepsie, NY

#20 Feb 23, 2011
Best ever? probably not but in the 70"s ... Blood Sweat and Tears. Opening act? Don MacLean. Chevy to the Levy....
werallone

Baldwinsville, NY

#21 Feb 23, 2011
Zot wrote:
<quoted text>Blue Oyster Cult blew Boston off the that night.
who was the third band playing that nite

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 13
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Utica Is a Great Place to Find a Job! 17 min Stars4 36
O there like tons of refugees in the school sys... 1 hr Stars4 6
Power dam.... (Aug '10) 2 hr Dam Kid 21
Ironic Nano news announced before elections 2 hr Echo 65
Cny Auto Brokers 4 hr sam 1
Green Street, Utica, NY 4 hr klb 12
Ocean Blue restaurat 6 hr Gaggy 23
Jill Reale of WKTV (Jan '09) Mon Diction 252
More from around the web

Personal Finance