The idea of MVCC and HCCC merger/affi...

The idea of MVCC and HCCC merger/affiliation

Created by UticaGuy on Mar 18, 2014

26 votes

Click on an option to vote

Good

bad

terrible

worth exploring

Good to a certain extent

UticaGuy

Glenfield, NY

#1 Mar 18, 2014
My personal opinion is that it is a very bad idea. Saving money is a good thing but these are two SEPARATE colleges in TWO SEPARATE counties. Just because there within 15 miles of each other doesnt mean they should be affiliated. The way that MVCC UC and SUNYIT work together is the right idea. Not broken don't fix it.
Concert riggies

Whitesboro, NY

#2 Mar 18, 2014
Don't worry about it. It's just another way for Picente to get a sound bite by blowing smoke up the asz of the sheeple. I'm sure Herkimer County officials & residents are wise to Picente & won't allow a merger to happen.
Da Law

Malone, NY

#3 Mar 18, 2014
Take a look at the HCCC campus in Google maps. Look at all that glorious land with access to mains power, cheap Herkimer County water, and an oversized sewer system.

Read through the details of the Start-Up NY legislation.

Now you should have a better understanding of why the Friends and Family Plan thinks this is a great idea.
UticaGuy

Glenfield, NY

#4 Mar 19, 2014
Focus on what you have with MVCC. Make to its that flourish to its potential. Let HCCC worry about itself. MVCC has long been capable of standing on its own with a great reputation. Let it alone.
Mack the Knife

Whitesboro, NY

#5 Mar 19, 2014
UticaGuy wrote:
My personal opinion is that it is a very bad idea. Saving money is a good thing but these are two SEPARATE colleges in TWO SEPARATE counties. Just because there within 15 miles of each other doesnt mean they should be affiliated. The way that MVCC UC and SUNYIT work together is the right idea. Not broken don't fix it.
Well if Picente is proposing it, you know we're in for a hosing. The friends & goombahs get the oil, the sucker's get the shaft. That's how it works in Dogpatch County.
consolidater

Utica, NY

#6 Mar 25, 2014
Let's get this straight. Picente wants to merge with HCCC under the guise of consolidating services. Let's take a close look. HCCC, One campus built on a hill with a great view of the Mohawk Valley.
MVCC two campuses.one just one mile from Cornhill and the other nest to an old airbase. MVCC also rents space in at least two spots,one being the old Runners Hall of Fame next to a strip joint and the other on Elizabeth St next to rundown vacant buildings. Maybe MVCC and Oneida County should first consolidate their campus. Why would Herkimer County and HCCC want to jump into that mess?
tony capecelatro

Long Eddy, NY

#7 Mar 25, 2014
If this is Piss-ente's pipe dream red flags should go up immediately!! I don't trust anything this Goodfellas wannabe proposes. If the merger did go thru he would work it so Oneida Cty. controls the budget for both colleges and any high level positions would come under his purview and authority. Each college is unique in its own way and both are flourishing. Enrollment is at a constant level and HCCC does NOT need Piss-ente's sticky fingers gumming up the works with his brand of dirty insider politics. The insider deal that was worked with the OINKS, NYS, & Oneida Cty. is proof of that with Piss-ente controlling all the money coming in.
LAME

Utica, NY

#9 Mar 25, 2014
UticaGuy wrote:

Your personal opinion doesn't mean anything. Look at the Rome MVCC campus. It is much farther away from the Utica campus than HCCC, yet somehow that works. Being in different counties is of no consequence. Look at the Mount Markham School District. It has students from FOUR DIFFERENT COUNTIES. Mutt.

Small minds such as yours is the reason why this area is so far behind.
consolidater

Utica, NY

#10 Mar 25, 2014
Give the people of Herkimer County credit for seeing through this scheme. People in Herkimer County do not trust Oneida County, HCCC is a georgeous campus and a wonderful setting and MVCC is,well, a dump. Stupid of Picente to bring it up but probably the current MVCC president prodded him. If they gave him HCCC also he would double his pay and his power. Herkimer County do not want him or his cronies.
pretend to be smart

Utica, NY

#11 Mar 25, 2014
consolidater wrote:
Give the people of Herkimer County credit for seeing through this scheme. People in Herkimer County do not trust Oneida County, HCCC is a georgeous campus and a wonderful setting and MVCC is,well, a dump. Stupid of Picente to bring it up but probably the current MVCC president prodded him. If they gave him HCCC also he would double his pay and his power. Herkimer County do not want him or his cronies.
Obviously you haven't been to either campus in quite awhile because the opposite is true. HCCC looks like a dump and MVCC looks better than it did 10 years ago.
NoWay

Windham, NY

#13 Mar 26, 2014
All colleges have their pros and cons and it all depends on who you ask on any given day.

MVCC and Picente need to get over themselves. MVCC is a community college and needs to start acting like it. Instead of grandstanding all of these ideas that rarely come to fruition or fizzle out if they do, they need to get back to their roots of providing education to the members of the community that need it. MVCC believes they are some top notch university. Give us a break.

I am so glad the folks at Herkimer saw through this crap idea. Leave Herkimer out of the MVCC mess. MVCC needs to concentrate on itself. Have you seen the place? It's practically beyond repair...and I mean the buildings, grounds and the people.
Hole

Whitesboro, NY

#14 Mar 26, 2014
He needs to county executive some potholes getting fixed.
pretend to be smart

Utica, NY

#15 Mar 27, 2014
NoWay wrote:
Have you seen the place? It's practically beyond repair...and I mean the buildings, grounds and the people.
Yes, HCCC is in rough shape these days.
Soozie

Whitesboro, NY

#16 Mar 27, 2014
pretend to be smart wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously you haven't been to either campus in quite awhile because the opposite is true. HCCC looks like a dump and MVCC looks better than it did 10 years ago.
Obviously you need your eyes checked. HCCC looks great these days. Seen some of the labs at MV? Better yet, have you smelled some of the buildings. The satellite campus smells like wet dog.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hanna denounces Trump, supports Clinton 5 min Slick Willie 169
Palmeri another Roefaro maybe worse (Apr '11) 6 min Mainstream Media 86
Hotel Utica and the City HUD loan 9 min Mainstream Media 3
Water Bill increase (Oct '14) 12 min Unfair Increases 327
Frank Duross, all his teams, have failed. (Jun '13) 12 min Sgt Shultz 37
pacenti and Cuomo united (Mar '14) 13 min Vito and Shelly 67
Carbone Sold 13 min CARBONE SELLOUT 15
Ranking Utica Prostitutes 23 min Grant 262
Wibx Keeler, the dead beat 1 hr Ethan 37
Body at Olbiston Apts? 6 hr Balonie 17