Pensions for welfare recipients?

Pensions for welfare recipients?

Posted in the Utica Forum

The Working Man

Utica, NY

#2 Mar 4, 2013
Please don't give president obama or governor cuomo any ideas!

Level 1

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#3 Mar 4, 2013
deez low life welfare recipients have made it in one career........

which is going in and out of jail...

dat izz da onlee ting day know how tu du.....

i like to call welfare the low life income or ghetto entitlement........

werd.
real smart

Utica, NY

#4 Mar 4, 2013
Vinny the guinea.

Level 1

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#5 Mar 4, 2013
real smart wrote:
Vinny the guinea.
you don't like the truth cauzz da truf hurts....

get off your tight arse and be a pro duc tov citizen.

werd to your dadeee if you know who he izz........
hank hill

Rockford, IL

#6 Mar 4, 2013
Oh why the hell not? They've made a career mooching, does anyone think getting older is going to make them want to get off their ass now?

“I Make you wonder”

Level 7

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#7 Mar 4, 2013
With all the effort "they" put into mooching the system might as well give it "them"
ssdi

Utica, NY

#9 Mar 5, 2013
wondering wrote:
I heard welfare/SSI/SSD recipients will soon be eligible for pensions just like retired civil service. Does anybody know if this is true? I heard that after 20 years on the dole someone can start collecting a pension.
SSD is Not welfare. We payed into the Social Security system for many years. When we became disabled it started to pay us what we put in. YOU PUNK!~~~
CNY

Ithaca, NY

#10 Mar 15, 2013
MANDATORY birth control for ALL RACES receiving welfare. In one generation the cycle will be broken.
hank hill

Hyattsville, MD

#11 Mar 15, 2013
CNY wrote:
MANDATORY birth control for ALL RACES receiving welfare. In one generation the cycle will be broken.
agree...but they'll claim some bullshit about their reproductive rights being infringed upon and sue the states and end up with more than just a check each month, plus we'll get to pay for their lawyer on top of it all. Its a no win...
Upstate is welfareland

United States

#13 Mar 15, 2013
eat shrooms wrote:
<quoted text>
Good idea! Let's start paying them half of what they're currently receiving. Think of how much money we'll save.
If you eliminate all welfare your taxes go down 3-5%.

If you eliminate all parasite layers of public safety that will save you 65%.

Do the math then get a real job.
truthspoken

Utica, NY

#14 Mar 15, 2013
ssdi wrote:
<quoted text> SSD is Not welfare. We payed into the Social Security system for many years. When we became disabled it started to pay us what we put in. YOU PUNK!~~~
Actually, it is welfare. So is social security. All are forms and part of federally funded welfare. Look at the federal budget. They all have different criteria to qualify but all leave you reliant on the government. Ha good luck with that! Oh btw dont forget to turn in your weapon,then keep your hand out!
Speak Facts

Bronx, NY

#15 Mar 17, 2013
vinny deprizio wrote:
deez low life welfare recipients have made it in one career........
which is going in and out of jail...
dat izz da onlee ting day know how tu du.....
i like to call welfare the low life income or ghetto entitlement........
werd.
White People Make Up 42% of the Poor, But Take in Whopping 69% of Government Benefits

by Yvette Carnell

If you pay any attention to right wing media, then you know that folks on the right are obsessed with unraveling the safety net, mostlybecause they believe that the safety net benefits mostly black and brown people:

All of the candidates delighted in calling President Obama the food stamp president during the 2012 campaign.
Also during the campaign, Rick Santorum said “I don’t want to make black people’s lives better by giving them other people’s money.”
Newt Gingrich famously added,“I will tell black people to demand paychecks instead of food stamps.”

As we edge closer to Obama making some ‘grand bargain’ to cut Social Security and Medicare, it is important to remember that the vast majority of people who receive government benefits are white. In fact, whites receive a disproportionate amount of benefits.

The Economix blog at the New York Times reported the following in February of last year:

Another finding of the study is that the distribution of benefits no longer aligns with the demography of poverty. African-Americans, who make up 22 percent of the poor, receive 14 percent of government benefits, close to their 12 percent population share.

White non-Hispanics, who make up 42 percent of the poor, receive 69 percent of government benefits – again, much closer to their 64 percent population share.

Read that again. It says blacks comprise 22 percent of the poor, but blacks only take in 14 percent of government benefits. Conversely, whites make up 42 percent of the poor , but take in a disproportionate 69 percent of government benefits.

If Republicans cut these programs, as part of the sequester or any other backdoor maneuver, their issue will be with their own base, not blacks. Although, I’m not yet convinced that some white right wingers wouldn’t starve themselves if it meant robbing a black or brown person of a spoonful of broth.

Yvette Carnell is a former Capitol Hill and campaign staffer turned writer. She is currently an editor and contributor to Yourblackworld. You can reach Yvette via Twitter @YvetteDC or on Facebook.
Stop the nonsense.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Time Warner Cable/Digital Transmission (Jan '10) 14 min wow 17
WELSH IS ONLY CHOICE FOR COUNTY LEGISLATOR IN 1... 57 min sorry I asked 24
Last 3 Letters of a word into 3 new words. (Dec '09) 1 hr Having Fun 1,996
Dr gs weight loss center (Mar '13) 2 hr nursebm 67
Charter School expanding 3 hr teo 8
Willowvale diner 4 hr Going to joans 1
Utica OD - No More TV Section 6 hr Rafe Hollister 1
Name a business that's not around anymore. (Oct '13) 8 hr Class of sixty-two 225
More from around the web

Utica People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]