Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2014

Judged:

Stay away from Utica, New Hartford and Central New York in general. The high end housing market in New Hartford has collapsed. I have a house in the Ironwood development in New Hartford and I can't sell it for more then I paid for it. Highly paid professionals are not moving into this area.

The only houses that are barely moving in New Hartford are older homes in the village and the hamlets of Chadwicks and Washington Mills. The only people moving to New Hartford are blue collar workers looking to escape the disaster that is Utica.

You will be very disappointed if you are a educated sophisticated professional if you move to New Hartford. You will be only be surrounded by coarse, blue collar, red neck escapees from Utica. You will not be able to break into the local friends and family. I'm stuck here even though my kids have all graduated from New Hartford because I will take a major financial hit if I try to sell my home!

Save yourselves from my fate. Stay away!
New Hartford real estate

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2014

Judged:

This is so true. This house on 101 Jewel Ridge on Oxford Road has lost $25,000 in value in the last 2 years alone.

Its getting so bad that the New Hartford School District is very worried that collapsing housing prices with decreasing enrollment will mean less money for high paying teaching jobs. In fact, people are now whispering that New Hartford will soon begin to inport "refuges" in order to increase enrollment and keep state and federal funding rolling in.
Hew Hartford home owner

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2014

Judged:

Holy Smokes! Its worse then that. When this house in Jewel Estates was first built in 2008 it sold for $370,000. Three years later it sold for a hefty profit at $429,000. Then the price collapsed at it last sold in 2012 for only $260,000! That's a loss of almost $200,000!

New Hartford real estate is on the way to the bottom. Virkler must be going broke.

As for refuges for New Hartford I have heard that too. The School district pushed the town to allow construction of the new senior housing near BOCES on Middle Settlement Road. The School District is hoping that all of the old folks holding on to their homes in the village of NH can be pushed on over to the new senior housing vacating their homes for a large group of refugees bringing lots of state and fed $$$ and of course lots of kids to bring up enrollment.
In 10 years New Hartford will be as bad as Utica!
Bubble burst

Enfield, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2014

Judged:

Hew Hartford home owner wrote:
Holy Smokes! Its worse then that. When this house in Jewel Estates was first built in 2008 it sold for $370,000. Three years later it sold for a hefty profit at $429,000. Then the price collapsed at it last sold in 2012 for only $260,000! That's a loss of almost $200,000!
New Hartford real estate is on the way to the bottom. Virkler must be going broke.
As for refuges for New Hartford I have heard that too. The School district pushed the town to allow construction of the new senior housing near BOCES on Middle Settlement Road. The School District is hoping that all of the old folks holding on to their homes in the village of NH can be pushed on over to the new senior housing vacating their homes for a large group of refugees bringing lots of state and fed $$$ and of course lots of kids to bring up enrollment.
In 10 years New Hartford will be as bad as Utica!
the years you speak of were during the housing bubble. Price increases were not sustainable in our job market let alone the nations. I bought a 2 family in Syracuse two years after the collapse and thought I could get a good deal but I to ended up overlaying. I wanted my Obama money ya know.
wow

New Hartford, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2014

New Hartford white collar wrote:
Stay away from Utica, New Hartford and Central New York in general. The high end housing market in New Hartford has collapsed. I have a house in the Ironwood development in New Hartford and I can't sell it for more then I paid for it. Highly paid professionals are not moving into this area.
The only houses that are barely moving in New Hartford are older homes in the village and the hamlets of Chadwicks and Washington Mills. The only people moving to New Hartford are blue collar workers looking to escape the disaster that is Utica.
You will be very disappointed if you are a educated sophisticated professional if you move to New Hartford. You will be only be surrounded by coarse, blue collar, red neck escapees from Utica. You will not be able to break into the local friends and family. I'm stuck here even though my kids have all graduated from New Hartford because I will take a major financial hit if I try to sell my home!
It must suck to be you!Thanks for sharing.
NH home owner

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2014

Judged:

Yup. Thanks to the town planing board's giving out building permits like candy we have a glut of housing in NH that won't sell
Morons

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2014

Judged:

Don't like it you gas bags?
Then move back to Utica. I love living in NH and so do thousands of other residents. There is no other option in this area if you are raising a family and value your safety and such.
This is just some moron starting trouble because they probably had three mortgages on there house and now can't bail. Live within your means and all will be well you idiot.
Sal

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2014

Morons wrote:
Then move back to Utica. I love living in NH and so do thousands of other residents. There is no other option in this area if you are raising a family and value your safety and such.
This is just some moron starting trouble because they probably had three mortgages on there house and now can't bail. Live within your means and all will be well you idiot.
There are other options. The student drug use in NH is a negative.
well

New Hartford, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2014

Judged:

Sal wrote:
<quoted text>
There are other options. The student drug use in NH is a negative.
Student drug use is everywhere, not just NH.
yesiree

Waltham, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2014

Judged:

An undercover narc just did a multi week stint in the district and the results will be forthcoming. He got made quick and was pulled. Just ridiculous the way he came in and sold the students on his background, Facebook and Instagram.
Karma Rocks

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2014

Amen but your first mistake was thinking NH had anything but a bunch of phonies going for it. There's few good people left there the leadership is no different than utica so it's all the same town to outsiders. NH was just the suburb of oootica from day 1. There is no future there it's liberal Dem feces tax & spend hole consider coming to better climes and economies you'll never regret it let the Takers, who always have all the excuses and answers and attacks fend for themselves.
It's hilarious looking back seeing them try!
Karma Rocks

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2014

Morons wrote:
Write much? It's funny who looks down their nose... you can just IMAGINE looking at the results there. Ha!
Karma Rocks

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2014

Come to think of it "NH Hovel Market Collapses" would have been a better, more accurate title considering the whole picture and imminent future there.
New Hartford home owner

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2014

Judged:

Everyone loves living in New Hartford if:

- Your kids are in the school system. Once they graduate New Hartford loses its charm... FAST

-Your tied into the NH branch of the Friends and Family Plan.

-Your'e a lower middle class blue collar worker escaping Utica and now living in the village or Chadwicks/Washington Mills. Compared to Utica, those places are paradise!

Year after year I would see my kid's friends parents move out of NH once their last child graduates. This year its my turn. My only hope is that some sucker will believe the Nano hype and pay good money for my house.
NH cupcake face

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2014

New Hartford home owner wrote:
Everyone loves living in New Hartford if:
- Your kids are in the school system. Once they graduate New Hartford loses its charm... FAST
-Your tied into the NH branch of the Friends and Family Plan.
-Your'e a lower middle class blue collar worker escaping Utica and now living in the village or Chadwicks/Washington Mills. Compared to Utica, those places are paradise!
Year after year I would see my kid's friends parents move out of NH once their last child graduates. This year its my turn. My only hope is that some sucker will believe the Nano hype and pay good money for my house.
You nailed it brother!
Daves Abusive Rash

New Hartford, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2014

Judged:

Dave visited his mom over the holidays, investors saw the rash and fled.
NH cupcake face

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2014

Uticas Abusive Cops wrote:
As a side note. If the nano hype was happening you would see real estate investors swooping in in droves. Saw it here it my own back yard when malta was built.
The real estate agents and inbestorsknow the deal. No Nano. Say NO to New Hartford
Cliff stinks

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2014

Uticas Abusive Cops wrote:
When uticas best suburb is having issues...oh boy. Lol
There are no issues. Just some scum bag from Clifton park getting his jollies off on starting trouble. The guy is a head case.

Anyway housing is moving great in nh. Just don't have triple mortgages then expect to make bank off your sale.

And Cliffy, please go play in the stReet.
Dave is at it again

New Hartford, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2014

Whitesboros Abusive COs wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't that the truth.
It's 1:00PM and the rashed wonder Dave Smith crawled out of bed at noon to begin his productive day of hate posting.
Really

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2014

Whitesboros Abusive COs wrote:
The continued regression of that sh it area is sad but satisfying to watch.
I would be satisfying to watch you succumb to teticular cancer Mr. Smith.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NH new AD, parents trying to still run show. 17 min Huh 8
How do Gays and Lesbians conceive their own chi... 20 min Judette 15
ND or Proctor Football: Who will have the bette... 23 min notre blame 37
Giggers gon wild 28 min Bud 1
not for profits (Jul '10) 55 min FIDDLE DEE 28
utica aud 1 hr Trythefacts 51
Police Officers 1 hr HaHa 6
Debate: Ferguson - Utica, NY 4 hr George 90
Remington to lay off 105 workers in NY 6 hr Much Better 33
New Baseball Coach Named 9 hr TMI 33