Craft Beer Discussion

Posted in the Utica Forum

Frank S

Ithaca, NY

#1 Feb 5, 2009
Dogfish Head is by far thee BEST craft beer out there hands down. I know most of you drink that bud light water, but yes DFH is 9.99 for a 4 pack but they are 9% abv. Thats three of your waters in one beer. If you want spend the 8.99 on one 12oz botle of DFH 120 Minute 20-23% abv. If your an ale lover you will LOVE DFH. Their stouts are also amazing. Let me know what you think is the best. And no I don't work for DFH, I live in Utica and just buy the hell out of it cuz its Delish.
ryan

Ithaca, NY

#2 Feb 5, 2009
that's usually all i drink when i go to nail creek
Sam

Syracuse, NY

#3 Feb 5, 2009
what store sells it?
Bobby Jindal

New York, NY

#4 Feb 5, 2009
20-23% abv?? Does it actually taste like beer? I'm going to have to go out and hunt some of this down.
ryan

Ithaca, NY

#5 Feb 5, 2009
marcy discount beverage or craigs kegs.
actually hanaford also sells some dogfish
Sam

Syracuse, NY

#6 Feb 5, 2009
Cool I will give it a try...
John

Whitesboro, NY

#7 Feb 5, 2009
Dogfish Head is good but far from the best. Try Green Flash West Coast IPA, or anything Stone makes.

Level 1

Since: Sep 08

Berkeley, CA

#8 Feb 5, 2009
I went to a IPA festival once and got to try the 120 minute its pretty big. Dogfish head may be a big deal on the east coast but its just one in a crowd of tasty american IPA's out there. My fav is Lagunitas "hairy eyeball" IPA.
What

Syracuse, NY

#9 May 30, 2009
Hop stoopid is an ok beer by lagunitas but DFH is better and not saying that because im east coast. its one in a crowd here as well but its one of the best in the country both coasts.
Wow

Syracuse, NY

#10 May 30, 2009
An intelligent discussion on Utica Topix; this is scary!
Hops

Ogdensburg, NY

#11 May 30, 2009
I don't know how one can, with any credibility, proclaim a particular craft beer as the "best", "hands down." DFH has its fans, but it also has a thousand peers in various styles and locales.

As IPAs/Double IPAs go, I generally prefer West Coast versions such as Stone, Bear Republic & Lagunitas. In the East, Victory Hop Devil is superb; however, Smuttynose (New Hampshire) and Southern Tier (near Jamestown, NY) also brew delicious IPAs. Marcy Discount carries all of them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Infinity MMA 43 min knowlaw150 4
state testing 48 min slapanut 22
TVL Baseball 49 min wow 3
Utica getting world wide attention (Jul '12) 1 hr you suck 19
What's going on with the Sara Anne Wood 20th An... (Aug '13) 3 hr Whistleblower Safety 14
loft apartments 7 hr Smokin Joe 3
News Clinton mother remembers missing daughter on he... 13 hr My Info 1
Utica Comets Website Gone 19 hr wow 14
How Much Does H & R Block charge To Do Your Taxes (Jan '09) Apr 15 duh 623
More from around the web

Utica People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]