gun owners-stay home from work

Posted in the Utica Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
TNPer

Utica, NY

#1 Jan 15, 2013
Thats what every single gun owner in the country needs to do. If every gun owner in the U.S. stayed out of work on the same day, we could stop this madness before it escalates. We the law abiding gun owners are the people who keep the machine running. We are the people going to work everyday, to support our families, community, and government. Imagine the message that would be sent if 100 million gun owners didnt show up for work all across the country for even just 1 day. We surround them!!!!!!

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#2 Jan 15, 2013
I wish people would feel as strongly about the other nine amendments on the bill of rights as they do about the 2nd.

Instead we get creepy gun people who come out of the woodwork every time there is a mass shooting, afraid that they won't be able to get weapons that murder as good as the shooter's.
dummypants

United States

#3 Jan 15, 2013
The only issue with your theory is the majority of legal gun owners in this country don't work; they all live in trailers out in the boondocks and collect welfare or disability.
Buck Tooth

New York Mills, NY

#4 Jan 15, 2013
dummypants wrote:
The only issue with your theory is the majority of legal gun owners in this country don't work; they all live in trailers out in the boondocks and collect welfare or disability.
Actually, you couldn't be further from the truth. The difference is, us professionals don't advertise it like our hillbilly blue collar colleagues. But when push comes to shove, trust me, you're gonna want my beer guzzling, four wheeler riding red necks on your side.

Location hidden

#5 Jan 15, 2013
Buck Tooth wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, you couldn't be further from the truth. The difference is, us professionals don't advertise it like our hillbilly blue collar colleagues. But when push comes to shove, trust me, you're gonna want my beer guzzling, four wheeler riding red necks on your side.
I cannot think of anyone I would want on my side less than an uneducated, inbred hick.
derp

Syracuse, NY

#6 Jan 15, 2013
Utica Viscount wrote:
<quoted text>I cannot think of anyone I would want on my side less than an uneducated, inbred hick.
I hope you remember that the next time there is a mass shooting and the only people available to do anything are hippies who want to hug it out. I'd rather have someone with a gun who can take out the shooter and put an end to it.
And make no mistake, no matter how many gun bans get put into place, there will be more mass shootings. It's not going to stop just because a certain type of gun is illegal or there's a sign out front that says "Gun Free Zone". Why can't people understand that criminals don't follow laws?
Yeah Right

Utica, NY

#7 Jan 15, 2013
They can't pass a budget on time, but they jump thru hoops to piss all over 2nd amendment rights in a few days....
We need to get these tyrants out of office....
Lt Tragg

Utica, NY

#8 Jan 15, 2013
I want to read the list of Senators who voted for this crap.

My 15-shot tube magazine .22 Remington Nylon 66 ... is now outlawed?

The Utica Viscount: You are a bottom feeder, a scum-sucking liberal who is stupid enough to think laws will stop bad people from doing bad things. Thanks to inbred escapees from the shallow end of the gene pool like you, who prefer knee-jerk reactions instead of well-planned out bills, we have America going down the tubes.

I'm tired of paying for your Obamaphones, I'm tired of your obese welfare queens sending me the bill for their fat-ass diet every day and I'm tired of you idiots thinking we can spend ourselves out of debt.

You liberals are the reason I am beginning to hate this country,(NY state for sure) and you can bet your last welfare dollar people like me are going to flee the state in larger numbers than we already have been - to warmer and more freer states that won't be this stupid.

Viscount? Sounds rather like an effete snob name to me.

If Goofo voted for this, I'll tell him to his face what I think of him. Ditto for any other Albany politician that ran scared and caved to idiocy.

Please note, the other amendments are only as good as the 2nd is at keeping them.

Location hidden

#9 Jan 15, 2013
Lt Tragg wrote:
The Utica Viscount: You are a bottom feeder, a scum-sucking liberal who is stupid enough to think laws will stop bad people from doing bad things. Thanks to inbred escapees from the shallow end of the gene pool like you, who prefer knee-jerk reactions instead of well-planned out bills, we have America going down the tubes.
Thanks for all the kind words. The rule of law is what prevents people from doing bad things in a society of governance. You didn't wake up this morning and rob a bank, so even consequence as a deterrent stopped you from violating the law.

After Newtown happened, gun owners and the NRA had the opportunity to work across the aisle on a well-planned bill that the public could be happy about. Instead, the NRA decided to dig their heels in and propose ridiculous solutions so they could continue to be the vapid reactionaries we have come to know and love. Failure of the conservatives to compromise leads to legislation like the 1994-era assault weapons ban.
I'm tired of paying for your Obamaphones, I'm tired of your obese welfare queens sending me the bill for their fat-ass diet every day and I'm tired of you idiots thinking we can spend ourselves out of debt.
I'm not sure if this is ad hominem, but I assure you I pay Verizon for my cell phone, and Wegman's for my groceries. I'm sure you are aware that the telephone social program was created under Reagan, and was expanded to include wireless phones by GW in 2008. And as much as i'm sure you'd rather see people starve than to receive aid, TANF comprises less than 1% of the federal budget. And I can't imagine anyone living large on $50 a week for food.
You liberals are the reason I am beginning to hate this country,(NY state for sure) and you can bet your last welfare dollar people like me are going to flee the state in larger numbers than we already have been - to warmer and more freer states that won't be this stupid.
I guess I will repeat the line oft-used by conservatives during the GW administration - AMERICA, LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT! You could always consider a move to a nation like Somalia. Lots of guns, no taxes, few laws.
If Goofo voted for this, I'll tell him to his face what I think of him. Ditto for any other Albany politician that ran scared and caved to idiocy.
If that sounds elitist, I can imagine you aren't very well read. And i'm sure Albany politicians are terrified that you will tell them in person what you think of their legislation, and use that fact alone to guide their decision making.
Please note, the other amendments are only as good as the 2nd is at keeping them.
I'm a little puzzled by this little catch phrase. Because I don't own a weapon, my speech is less free, my innocence before guilt less assured, and my house less free of British soldiers?
Sally Sunshine

Herkimer, NY

#10 Jan 15, 2013
Lt Tragg wrote:
I want to read the list of Senators who voted for this crap.
My 15-shot tube magazine .22 Remington Nylon 66 ... is now outlawed?
GUns are a thing of the past. 2nd amendment being repealed as useless. Gov Cuomo will lead this state and country out of the dark ages into the sunlight.
Shipwreck Lady

Syracuse, NY

#11 Jan 15, 2013
Sally Sunshine wrote:
<quoted text>
GUns are a thing of the past. 2nd amendment being repealed as useless. Gov Cuomo will lead this state and country out of the dark ages into the sunlight.
Sunlight Schmunlight! You'll wish you had at least a handgun when some freakazoid follows you into the women's room.
Sally Sunshine

Herkimer, NY

#12 Jan 15, 2013
Shipwreck Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
Sunlight Schmunlight! You'll wish you had at least a handgun when some freakazoid follows you into the women's room.
Already own and practice regularly with my .380 Walther PPK, thank you.
Sally Sunshine

Utica, NY

#13 Jan 15, 2013
Sally Sunshine wrote:
<quoted text>
Already own and practice regularly with my .380 Walther PPK, thank you.
Please read and sign!!!!!

http://www.nysenate.gov/webform/stand-second-...
Winchester

Georgetown, NY

#14 Jan 15, 2013
QUOTE who="Utica Viscount"quoted text>
[Thanks for all the kind words. The rule of law is what prevents people from doing bad things in a society of governance. You didn't wake up this morning and rob a bank, so even consequence as a deterrent stopped you from violating the law.]

Actually, MORALS are what keep me from going out and robbing a bank, thank you very much.
I also happen to be homeowner in an urban area who works full time and doesn't appreciate the stereotype that gun owners are hicks.
Sally Sunshine

Utica, NY

#15 Jan 15, 2013
Winchester wrote:
[Thanks for all the kind words. The rule of law is what prevents people from doing bad things in a society of governance. You didn't wake up this morning and rob a bank, so even consequence as a deterrent stopped you from violating the law.]
Actually, MORALS are what keep me from going out and robbing a bank, thank you very much.
I also happen to be homeowner in an urban area who works full time and doesn't appreciate the stereotype that gun owners are hicks.
Please sign:

http://www.nysenate.gov/webform/stand-second-...

Location hidden

#16 Jan 16, 2013
Winchester wrote:
Nope. You can't legislate morality. See amendments 18 and 21 to the constitution.
mike jones

Fairfax, VA

#18 Jan 16, 2013
Utica Viscount wrote:
<quoted text>
I cannot think of anyone I would want on my side less than an uneducated, inbred hick.
Yes, you prefer uneducated minorities, you are a liberal. Common knowledge. You like to keep those people where they belong underneath your feet where they belong.

Location hidden

#19 Jan 16, 2013
mike jones wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, you prefer uneducated minorities, you are a liberal. Common knowledge. You like to keep those people where they belong underneath your feet where they belong.
Ah, yes! All of those conservatives with advanced level degrees that I hear about... not. A good education to a conservative is getting his GED after dropping out of college for impregnating his sister.
Bodsithava BUSTED

United States

#20 Jan 16, 2013
Utica Viscount wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, yes! All of those conservatives with advanced level degrees that I hear about... not. A good education to a conservative is getting his GED after dropping out of college for impregnating his sister.
You repeat yoursaelf too often Bod. What happened to your "Bodsithava" screenname? How about Ben Gleck? So this is your new wig guy avatar because you've been exposed as an illogical ass all over this forum with almost every ridiculous over extrapolated post?

You truly are a pathetic example. The Cons are bad but you libs are all a fkn act. Get a job making something other than hot air douchebag.
Joe

Utica, NY

#21 Jan 16, 2013
Utica Viscount wrote:
I wish people would feel as strongly about the other nine amendments on the bill of rights as they do about the 2nd.
Instead we get creepy gun people who come out of the woodwork every time there is a mass shooting, afraid that they won't be able to get weapons that murder as good as the shooter's.
The IDIOT is opening the piehole again.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wktv morning News 36 min Viewer 3
Cuomo pitching statewide platic bag ban. 36 min liberal cesspool 1
What are the best dating sites for sugar daddy? (Sep '17) 43 min renso 11
Keeler the posterchild for the Democratic party 52 min Captain Kirk 17
Alex Carbone dating Savannah Lei 1 hr Come here and gimme 32
Dr. Costello unnecessary cruelty 1 hr Costello 4
Darwin WINNER WPD cop Kevin Crossley DEAD&STINKIN 2 hr Hervagisatuccialina 4
Why Does Trump Lie So Much? 6 hr Reality 65
nole must go 12 hr Okay 30
Claudia Tenney BLASTS scam Dem/RINO hospital plan! 15 hr Observer 63