can u drive a 49cc scooter on a suspe...

can u drive a 49cc scooter on a suspended license?

Posted in the Utica Forum

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
lil putt putt

United States

#1 Feb 14, 2013
I've hear you can, then I've heard you can't. Does anyone know for real? I want to buy one but have a DUI (from my medication) so just trying to find out.
Someone who knows

Tucker, GA

#2 Feb 14, 2013
No, must have a valid license
Well

Owensboro, KY

#3 Feb 14, 2013
If you can get a DUI on a bike, a horse, or roller blades I'd definitely say you can't ride a scooter without a license. Anything that is driven on the road I'm sure you have to have.a license for. Now if you just want to do laps around your house I'm sure that's fine hahaha. I got a DUI several years ago and left a bottle of Benadryl in the passenger seat still in its box just in case I got pulled over I was planning on saying it was an emergency... I saw it on tv LOL( not really sure if it would work)
Law and Order

Owensboro, KY

#4 Feb 14, 2013
No! Drive on the roadway, need a license to do so
lil put put

Owensboro, KY

#6 Feb 14, 2013
that is a big fat no no no
Law and Order

Owensboro, KY

#8 Feb 14, 2013
lickalot wrote:
As long as it it under 50cc you can ride it on the road with no licens
WRONG! Trust me you have to have a license to operate it on the roadway. I know this bc my sister got stopped, and didn't have a license. Shr got a ticket, and when she went to court the judge told her the same thing. The place that sold it at the time told her otherwise, and they were WRONG, but she got a license soon after and it wasn't a problem.
serious

Owensboro, KY

#9 Feb 15, 2013
Actually not too long ago we had a man on a scooter run thru our yard and smash up our mailbox and fence...then he drove off. We called the cops and they said they couldn't do too much, just give him a ticket for leaving the scene. They told us not only do you not have to have a license but you don't need to carry insurance when driving a scooter either. Needless to say, fixing our mailbox and fence came out of our own pocket.
Beautiful soul

United States

#10 Feb 15, 2013
Scooters less than 50 cc do not have to be registered or licensed and the individual operating these less than 50 cc motor scooters does not have to possess a drivers license in the state of Kentucky but they can not be operated on any roadway where the speed limit is over 30 mph.
Beautiful soul

United States

#11 Feb 15, 2013
Correction.... The law does state you do not need a license if operated on private property only. If operated on any public road then the operator does have to have a valid moped license. However the less than 50 cc moped is not allowed on any roadway that the speed limit is above 30 mph. Sorry lil putt putt :(
http://www.dmv.org/ky-kentucky/other-types.ph...
becker

Tucker, GA

#12 Feb 15, 2013
Beautiful soul wrote:
Scooters less than 50 cc do not have to be registered or licensed and the individual operating these less than 50 cc motor scooters does not have to possess a drivers license in the state of Kentucky but they can not be operated on any roadway where the speed limit is over 30 mph.
Wrong, they don't have to be licensed (ie have a license plate) but the driver had to either have a valid license or a moped license (for people less than 16 that can't get a regular license) anything bigger than a 50cc is considered a motorcycle, has to be registered, and you have to have a motorcycle license
Old

Owensboro, KY

#13 Feb 15, 2013
Yes, you don't need to register or insure a 49 cc moped, but if you drive it on the roadway you have to have a license. PERIOD .
hmm

United States

#14 Feb 15, 2013
It's not illegal unless you get caught. Lol
mark

United States

#15 May 9, 2013
lil putt putt wrote:
I've hear you can, then I've heard you can't. Does anyone know for real? I want to buy one but have a DUI (from my medication) so just trying to find out.
u can't drive a 49cc scooter if ur license is suspended. I was told u can until I got pulled over and got a ticket for driver while suspended
Ricky DeWayne Bobbie

Owensboro, KY

#16 May 9, 2013
No. Some of these morons are dreaming. You can get a DUI crossing the street on your riding mower.
Sorry

Owensboro, KY

#17 May 9, 2013
serious wrote:
Actually not too long ago we had a man on a scooter run thru our yard and smash up our mailbox and fence...then he drove off. We called the cops and they said they couldn't do too much, just give him a ticket for leaving the scene. They told us not only do you not have to have a license but you don't need to carry insurance when driving a scooter either. Needless to say, fixing our mailbox and fence came out of our own pocket.
I remember the mailbox don't remember a fence.
Yomama

United States

#18 Jun 22, 2013
You can even if your under the age of 16 but it has to be 49cc or less anything higher you will get a free ride in a police car

Since: Jun 12

United States

#19 Jun 23, 2013
Yomama wrote:
You can even if your under the age of 16 but it has to be 49cc or less anything higher you will get a free ride in a police car
No ride in a police car is ever free.:)
yep

Owensboro, KY

#20 Jun 23, 2013
Just google ky moped laws dont listen to these "know it alls" idiots
just saying

United States

#21 Jun 23, 2013
yep wrote:
Just google ky moped laws dont listen to these "know it alls" idiots
While you're calling people idiots and not using proper punctuation or capitalization, you should also point out there is a difference between a moped and a scooter. The topic is asking about a 49cc scooter, not a moped. The more you know.:)
yeahyeah

Owensboro, KY

#22 Jun 23, 2013
Kendall McKnight can

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Katie settle deletes everything 17 min justsayin 1
Jeremy creed tolson 39 min Notafool 11
Question for the ladies 2 hr Sucker 9
How can someone say they love someone so much 4 hr Watch this 30
My old school hottie wants to reunite 4 hr Nostradamus 18
Amanda Howard 6 hr Justme 7
body found 6 hr just curios 1

Utica Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance