New trolley coming to Urbanna

New trolley coming to Urbanna

There are 14 comments on the The Southside Sentinel - Urbanna, Va. story from Apr 28, 2010, titled New trolley coming to Urbanna. In it, The Southside Sentinel - Urbanna, Va. reports that:

A new trolley will be circulating through and around Urbanna this summer, and the good news is that it was purchased 100 percent with federal stimulus funds, said Melissa H. Phillips, transit director and senior vice president of Bay Aging.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Southside Sentinel - Urbanna, Va..

VETNAM 2

Washington, DC

#1 Apr 28, 2010
I think this is great! I love the trolley that loops around Colonial Beach during the summer. What a great ride at a bargain price. Love it!
seeing ahead

King William, VA

#2 Jun 2, 2010
great? who is going to ride it?where are the people coming from? do you people know what kind of shape urbanna,va is in? great?
someone

King William, VA

#3 Jun 2, 2010
i can think of things urbanna needs worst.some stimulus money to create jobs?to feed some people of urbanna?yes there are hungry people in urbanna too proud to admitt it. how about an urbanna food bank? federal stimulus money for a trolley? nice.
VETNAM 2

Washington, DC

#4 Jun 2, 2010
seeing ahead wrote:
great? who is going to ride it?where are the people coming from? do you people know what kind of shape urbanna,va is in? great?
Seeing ahead.....

You can think of something negative to say about ANYTHING, can't you???
Clueless

Washington, DC

#5 Jun 2, 2010
seeing ahead wrote:
You're right!

Anyplace that's in bad shape should be left to stay that way.

I wish you would shape up.

Or ship out!
seeing ahead

King William, VA

#6 Jun 2, 2010
ok have your trolly and watch it run up and down the road empty. thats fine. but money could be better spent.first we have to get things here for people to want to come here and see and do.
Sir Sniffsalot

United States

#7 Jun 2, 2010
What a waste of money. Meanwhile the killer bees get closer and closer to CB.
RJohnson

United States

#8 Jun 3, 2010
Bees...What about the swine flu? It has killed more people than lightning striking a house causing a fire which then blows up the propane tank causing debris to hit the neighbor riding the tractor knocking him off and getting tangled in the gears who later dies of a heart attack. At least the trolley will be grounded from lightning!
VETNAM 2

Washington, DC

#9 Jun 3, 2010
VETNAM 2 wrote:
I think this is great! I love the trolley that loops around Colonial Beach during the summer. What a great ride at a bargain price. Love it!
I spent $1.75 on the trolley over the Memorial Day Weekend,$.50 extra because I got off to pop into Populuxe for a couple of minutes. What a bargain!

I would be willing to put up $10.00 so that some of the folks up on 205 near the old Highs store (20 of them round trip) could have an excursion into Town for the Potomac River Festival Weekend.
Anybody want to match my offer so more can enjoy a nice air-conditioned trip to Town?
VETNAM 2

Washington, DC

#10 Jun 3, 2010
Oh, and by the way, one of the ladies, that has lived in Colonial Beach her entire life, that hopped on the trolley there commented how this is the way it USED to be as we passed by the beach on Sunday with all the beach umbrellas and people in the water. It made me feel good inside.
cbvirginian

King George, VA

#11 Jun 3, 2010
I took a friend who has lived at the beach for over 60 years on a golf cart ride on Monday. She was very impressed with all the people enjoying the beach and the shops. She also remarked that the beach was coming back. We then walked on the Boardwalk, and again she was impressed. For some of the old timers, they see improvement. I hope they are right, I am optimistic for the future of Colonial Beach. We may not have what we use to have, but we have some new things. Let's enjoy what we do have.
BGBungalow

King George, VA

#12 Jun 4, 2010
I had guests attending the big wedding in town. Some came from as far away as IOWA. They loved the town spirit and thought it was a terrific place to enjoy. They even stated that we have our osprey trained to stand at attention for patriotic ceremonies. One of the family members has already contacted me about returning for another visit this summer. They couldn't get enough of our small town charm. I'm with you cbvirginian, I'm very optimistic about CB's future! Just thought I would share more comments about the great weekend we all enjoyed at the Beach.
seeing ahead

King William, VA

#13 Jun 4, 2010
fun fun fun money wasted. what a show for urbanna.meanwhile there are people in urbanna needing jobs,money,food,rent.whhoo lets ride the trolley with an empty stomach.
seeing ahead

King William, VA

#14 Jun 4, 2010
by the way people there is no public beach to ride by on the trolley in urbanna,va.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Urbanna Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mike Hurd (Nov '09) Apr '16 sick of it too 25
Virginia Medicaid Expansion Feb '16 Patient X 1
Corrupt Commonwealth Attorney and uneducated in... (May '15) May '15 no-justice 1
Urbanna-Incorporation and mayor candidates (Sep '14) Nov '14 RAMROD7 7
Urbannas Joe. H, cought with his pants down por... (Oct '14) Oct '14 peeeeeekabooo 1
Poll Is TheUrbanna Oyster Festival a drunkfest? (Feb '08) Oct '14 Town resident 81
Corruption in Middlesex government (Dec '13) Sep '14 tell no lies 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Urbanna Mortgages