Closings for Lee-Jackson Day & Martin...

Closings for Lee-Jackson Day & Martin Luther King Day

There are 4 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Jan 18, 2008, titled Closings for Lee-Jackson Day & Martin Luther King Day. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

JACKSON DAY & MARTIN LUTHER KING DAY GOVERNMENT OFFICES FEDERAL: Closed Monday STATE: Closed today and Monday LOCAL: * Gloucester County - Closed today, Monday * Hampton - Closed Monday * Isle of Wight - Closed ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

American Defender

United States

#1 Jan 20, 2008
It's Lee-Jackson and King day. Not "Lee-Jackson Day & Martin Luther King Day".

Good old DP trying to change things on their own.
WARWICK COUNTY NATIVE

Gore, VA

#2 Jan 20, 2008
WHATS THE USE?LEE-JACKSON WERE MY HEREOS AND WE ALWAYS HAVE A HOLIDAY FOR THEM
more holidays

Williamsburg, VA

#3 Feb 21, 2008
every month should have at least one federal holiday. federal and state employees deserve a break since they are the hardest, dedicated, and loyal workers.
go figure

United States

#4 Feb 22, 2008
When I mentioned the Lee,Jackson,King holiday to my black coworkers, they looked at me like I was insane and asked, "Who is Lee and Jackson"? Said they had never heard of them. They insisted the holiday was MLK birthday only. Go figure. My question is, Did you pay attention in History class?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Urbanna Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mike Hurd (Nov '09) Sep '16 salty 26
What really happened to Kim Campbell ??? Sep '16 TomP 1
The Works Bar and Grill comes to an end. Should... Aug '16 XRAY 1
Corrupt Commonwealth Attorney and uneducated in... (May '15) Aug '16 Nelnita jones 2
Virginia Medicaid Expansion (Feb '16) Feb '16 Patient X 1
Urbanna-Incorporation and mayor candidates (Sep '14) Nov '14 RAMROD7 7
Urbannas Joe. H, cought with his pants down por... (Oct '14) Oct '14 peeeeeekabooo 1

Urbanna Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Urbanna Mortgages