Turn Urbanna over to Middlesex County

Turn Urbanna over to Middlesex County

Posted in the Urbanna Forum

American

Gloucester, VA

#1 Dec 8, 2011
The time has come when the citizens of Urbanna should do what is
necessary, and return control over to the County where it would be a better situation for all.

The Elite will not like this idea, but it is so wasteful to have a town council, mayor, town manager, one or two employees, and all that goes with the running of a separate town Government, for what purpose, NONE, other than the idea that, " WE KNOW BEST " Come on,
Saluda, Deltaville, Hartfield, Waterview, do just fine, Urbanna is dieing under the many additional local zoning, architectual, and other regulations that have stifled the citizens and made visitors laugh at the folly.

The board of supervisors would treat Urbanna just as equal as all other citizens, and Urbanna citizens would benefit from this.

Wake up, it is time to do this, before Urbanna dries up from neglect and decay.

Extra food taxes, favorite citizen zoning regulations, and all the lonney tunes that get on town council, and especially the Goof ball Yankee, arogant town attorney, who adds nothing but more un-friendlyness to visitors and citizens alike.
XRAY7

Gloucester, VA

#2 Dec 8, 2011
I so agree with " AMERICAN" just read the various topics here concerning,

" Urbanna Police Services Contract "
" Town Administrator Embezzlement "
" Various other topics about the Town.

Yes, it makes much more sense to eliminate the dual governments, and instead allow Middlesex County to manage it as it does all the other towns within the county.
xray

Gloucester, VA

#3 Dec 10, 2011
At the rate people are going to jail and dieing in Urbanna, it won't be very long before you will not need to transfer control of Urbanna back to the Middlesex County, it will not exist.

Businesses are dismal, tourism is dismal, boating is dismal, no gas for a boat in Urbanna, how many years has it has been that you could not refuel a boat in the town harbor, this town has been day after day destroyed by the idiotic actions of the past 15 years of the town council and it's failure to operate in a friendly, open logical manner.

They ass kissed Voltro for $25000, what a joke, denied the boathouse in the beginning, fought with
Marinas, home owners fences, paint colors, dogs, open fires, the location of the Oyster Festival, which has been ruined by moving it off of Virginia St,. and the fears of the Gustapo of beer drinking, what is wrong with this town, it is not AMERICANA, it is dull-villle, too many Janet Suzon Smiths, Megans, Andy Burys.

The fun is gone, businesses have suffered, many closed, why, just a dull bunch of people who continue to operate in a un-friendly manner, and oh yes, way too many Liberal Yankees and Democrats in the town who have also helped contribute to it's failing.

But, it is not too late, Town Council, Get rid of the food tax, make an honest effort to help businesses in Urbanna, move the Oyster Festival back to Virginia Street, get the Sheriff to loosen up on the war against alcohol within reason of modesty, abolish the Archetural board or whatever it is called, let people paint their house whatever color they wish, stop the Insainty before the town is dead.
Cupcake

Gloucester, VA

#4 Dec 14, 2011
The town already dead.All this town council came about due to the Oyster Festival and wanting to control the profits.. In any event the whole thing has just played out..Why would people come to Urbanna now?? Extra food tax?? Extra tax on your car..boat..house..just cuz you live in Urbanna..Crazy stuff.. Thats all double tax in pretty much a retirment comm..
Sarge

Weems, VA

#5 Jan 24, 2012
I'll paraphrase a Mark Twain quote: I never wished anyone dead, but I've read many an obituary with great pleasure.

You won't see me weeping when this town finally strangles itself.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Urbanna Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Corrupt Commonwealth Attorney and uneducated in... May 10 no-justice 1
Big Oak Cafe - Rt. 602 in Remlik (Aug '14) Mar '15 Tony 10
Urbanna-Incorporation and mayor candidates (Sep '14) Nov '14 RAMROD7 7
Urbannas Joe. H, cought with his pants down por... (Oct '14) Oct '14 peeeeeekabooo 1
Poll Is TheUrbanna Oyster Festival a drunkfest? (Feb '08) Oct '14 Town resident 81
Corruption in Middlesex government (Dec '13) Sep '14 tell no lies 2
Poll Should Guy Abbott face charges of misuse of funds (Feb '08) Jan '14 Casey Abbott 136
More from around the web

Urbanna People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]