Hit-run suspect faced drug charges

Shawna Lindy, 27, was arrested Oct. 18 in Gloucester County on drug charges, jail records show. Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Charlotte

Newport News, VA

#1 Nov 13, 2007
This woman needs to be locked up for quite awhile. Breaking the law must not mean anything to her. I would bet that she was either drunk or had drugs on her the night she took Joshua's life. And RAN!!! How you you do that???? She took a youngs man like that was making something out of his self. Unlike SOME people in this world. She needs to sit behind some bars for many years.
Charlotte

Newport News, VA

#2 Nov 13, 2007
This woman needs to be locked up for quite awhile. Breaking the law must not mean anything to her. I would bet that she was either drunk or had drugs on her the night she took Joshua's life. And RAN!!! How do you do that???? She took a youngs man like that was making something out of his self. Unlike SOME people in this world. She needs to sit behind some bars for many years.
Natasha Shank

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#3 Nov 13, 2007
Why in the world is she out free? I just can't understand why she isn't locked up and being held accountable for her actions. She took a teenagers life. She proably has no remorse. The court system should be ashamed!
WoWWoW

Newport News, VA

#4 Nov 13, 2007
Who is the judge or magistrate?
JUSTICE

Readington, NJ

#5 Nov 13, 2007
Why is she free now? I am sure she was charged with vehicular homicide and was already out on bond due to being arrested on a drug charge. The last charge should have revoked her first bond. We need some judges and magistrates with some "nuggets".
Steve

Corona, CA

#6 Nov 13, 2007
Gloucester County needs to revoke her bond -- now! And get her off the streets.
Wow

Annville, PA

#7 Nov 13, 2007
I'm sitting here in shock that she was released after taking a very promising life. The pain that the community suffered during one of the biggest highlights for the area is just unimaginable. There is no reason this woman should be free. She already had pending charges for drugs and now her court date was continued. On top of that she left the scene of an accident where someone was killed and abandoned her vehicle and we ALL probably know why. More than likely she was leaving the festival and feeling real good. This is just not right. I just don't understand what is going on with the justice system in the small counties. Yeah the election is over but the heck with that...lock her butt back up!
SRC

Williamsburg, VA

#8 Nov 13, 2007
Middlesex gets their new Commonwealth Attorney after the New Year. The old one is retiring after 28 years as Middlesex Commonwealth Attorney -"the peoples attorney". Middlesex placed certain restrictions on Lindy before her release. I would think Gloucester did the same before they released her in late October. More then 5 lbs of dope is a felony. If she had restrictions on her first bond, then certainly she violated the terms after she committed another felony within 15 days by killing Josh (or fleeing the scene). I would think, her bond be revoked on the Gloucester charge. If she is in jail, she must be tried within five months of her preliminary hearing (prelim is set in December for the Gloucester drug charges). If she is on bond, the Commonwealth has nine months from the prelim to try her. If Gloucester does their thing, it will give Middlesex Commonwealth more time to be up in speed of things. This girl needs to be taken off the street. I was in Middlesex yesterday, and word is, this girl is roaming freely within the community. The word I get, the Middlesex Police were notified, but did nothing. Whether this is true or not, I do not know. What I do know, Shawna has a mean dog and a nice boat out front, in lives in what appears to be a trailer.

I also find it interesting she posted $5,000.00 bond in Glouster then on November 8, she posted another $5,000.00 bond. Sounds like $10,000 in cash within 20-days.(10% of the $100,000). And on top of that, she has a high-profile Richmond attorney representing her. Where is she getting all this money?
Pokey

United States

#9 Nov 13, 2007
How does this girl earn a living besides selling drugs (allegedly)? She sounds like a bar fly, but she comes up with too much money.$10,000 cash on two felonies. Hires a well-known attorney in Richmond. She rents and the car she used to kill did not belong to her. Can someone details
Angelina christian Warsaw

Rockville, MD

#10 Nov 17, 2007
you haven't heard or seen shock yet maybe you readers just aren't aware of who runs Middlesex county . Well a well known old judge that needs to retire, A well known male Social Service worker and oh a forgot a well know christian lawyer huh this makes the team up for Middlesex county and guess what they all run the joint to take your kids away and never return them to the parents or there relatives, So just maybe someone will take to this story and check it out. Because something is going on when children in Middlesex county and two surrounding counties have never been returned after being taken from their homes back to the families or relatives.Files are lost and doctor records of children are being falsefied by these individuals.
Robert

Bronson, FL

#11 Nov 18, 2007
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/saluda-va/T97...

further discussions can be found at the above
Crack Head

Portsmouth, VA

#12 Nov 18, 2007
Shawna Lindy- What made you drive away? You treated Joshua Halstead like he was a deer. HE IS HUMAN. WHEN YOU HIT A HUMAN- STOP!!!! THEY MIGHT NEED YOUR HELP!
Roslyn Cooke

Richmond, VA

#13 Nov 26, 2007
I was a close friend to Joshua... Words can't explain how much pain it is to loose him. I just want to say thank you to everyone who is supporting Josh's family and friends... My heart goes out to Mom and Zack. As for Shawna.. Josh was wearing bright colors... if she was paying any attention im sure she would have seen him.. she had to. There is no way she is gonna get out of this one because either the lord or the law will punish her. Me nor Josh's family will rest until this is brought to Justice.
SRC

Williamsburg, VA

#15 Nov 26, 2007
Roslyn Cooke wrote:
I was a close friend to Joshua... Words can't explain how much pain it is to loose him. I just want to say thank you to everyone who is supporting Josh's family and friends... My heart goes out to Mom and Zack. As for Shawna.. Josh was wearing bright colors... if she was paying any attention im sure she would have seen him.. she had to. There is no way she is gonna get out of this one because either the lord or the law will punish her. Me nor Josh's family will rest until this is brought to Justice.
well said. It was nice to meet you the other day (sorry about the gasoline smell -- darn 7-11 pumps). The good lord and justice is on our side. Take care,
Middlesex sweep

Williamsburg, VA

#16 Dec 2, 2007
BWUSA wrote:
She may have a bright future in politics. Didn't Ted Kennedy kill a woman with his car and run away once?
he went for help
same day

Barnesville, OH

#17 Dec 5, 2007
SRC wrote:
Middlesex gets their new Commonwealth Attorney after the New Year. The old one is retiring after 28 years as Middlesex Commonwealth Attorney -"the peoples attorney". Middlesex placed certain restrictions on Lindy before her release. I would think Gloucester did the same before they released her in late October. More then 5 lbs of dope is a felony. If she had restrictions on her first bond, then certainly she violated the terms after she committed another felony within 15 days by killing Josh (or fleeing the scene). I would think, her bond be revoked on the Gloucester charge. If she is in jail, she must be tried within five months of her preliminary hearing (prelim is set in December for the Gloucester drug charges). If she is on bond, the Commonwealth has nine months from the prelim to try her. If Gloucester does their thing, it will give Middlesex Commonwealth more time to be up in speed of things. This girl needs to be taken off the street. I was in Middlesex yesterday, and word is, this girl is roaming freely within the community. The word I get, the Middlesex Police were notified, but did nothing. Whether this is true or not, I do not know. What I do know, Shawna has a mean dog and a nice boat out front, in lives in what appears to be a trailer.
I also find it interesting she posted $5,000.00 bond in Glouster then on November 8, she posted another $5,000.00 bond. Sounds like $10,000 in cash within 20-days.(10% of the $100,000). And on top of that, she has a high-profile Richmond attorney representing her. Where is she getting all this money?
the same day this was posted her dogs(2) were killed. no matter what you do nothing is going to bring josh back.this was a horrible accident that people who are talking about knows not the facts !
she was not busted with the drugs the guys she riding with was busted but yes she was charged but we will see what happens in court tomorrow at 1:00 wont we.shawna did not murder this child it was a accident she didnt even know she had hit a human until the next morning then she did turn her self in.this is nothing but evil gossip.an accident is an accident let people heal and let god and the judge she goes in front of judge her.how do you sleep talking trash like this? does it make you feel better talking trash like this? do you think this is going to help his mom and brother heal? get a grip people

Since: Jul 07

Tidewater, VA

#18 Dec 5, 2007
DA better be ready. Defense attorney Morchower has been on a roll lately!

I hope Lindy gets nailed to the fullest!

Since: Nov 07

United States

#19 Dec 5, 2007
same day wrote:
<quoted text>
the same day this was posted her dogs(2) were killed. no matter what you do nothing is going to bring josh back.this was a horrible accident that people who are talking about knows not the facts !
she was not busted with the drugs the guys she riding with was busted but yes she was charged but we will see what happens in court tomorrow at 1:00 wont we.shawna did not murder this child it was a accident she didnt even know she had hit a human until the next morning then she did turn her self in.this is nothing but evil gossip.an accident is an accident let people heal and let god and the judge she goes in front of judge her.how do you sleep talking trash like this? does it make you feel better talking trash like this? do you think this is going to help his mom and brother heal? get a grip people
Why don't you give up on she didn't know what she hit! She clearly saw unless she was drunk out of her mind! We hit a deer not long after and was sober, we stopped, looked at the car, then I looked for the well-being of the deer. You knew as soon as she looked at the front of her car and seen what was wedged in her grill. By the way, I'm family and we can't begin to heal until she stops with the lies about she didn't know and she accepts what is right!!
Wheelhouse Wally

Virginia Beach, VA

#20 Dec 5, 2007
it sure is funny, an illegal immigrant stops to help a boy that has been thrown from a car in an accident when the boys parent died and is deported back to Mexico. Some broad that is selling dope on the streets runs over a PEDESTRIAN and is walking our streets.

Normally I an not really for the whole illegal immigrant thing, but at least HE had SOME descency!
SRC

Williamsburg, VA

#21 Dec 5, 2007
Shawn A Morton wrote:
<quoted text>
and seen what was wedged in her grill.
Shawn, The grill? I recall an earlier posting, but I have to ask what was in the grill? If to graphic to post here, don't, but you do have another way of reaching me. Yet, if you don't want to say, don't -- I understand.

I'm hearing prelim is at 1 PM instead of 9:30.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Urbanna Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
VA VA Property Tax Exemption for Elderly and Disab... (Oct '10) Sep 13 Tony 1,358
Big Oak Cafe - Rt. 602 in Remlik Sep 11 Xray 6
Corruption in Middlesex government (Dec '13) Sep 4 tell no lies 2
VA VA Property Tax Exemption for Veterans, Question 2 (Oct '10) Aug '14 Time Flys 2,546
VA Missing Va. Girl Alive, Man In Custody (Dec '10) Apr '14 Jim 1,433
Should Guy Abbott face charges of misuse of funds (Feb '08) Jan '14 Casey Abbott 137
Mike Hurd (Nov '09) Jan '14 GiGi 21
•••
•••
•••

Urbanna Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••
•••

Urbanna People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE