Street preaching' at festival annoyin...

Street preaching' at festival annoying but legal

There are 1 comment on the The Southside Sentinel - Urbanna, Va. story from Dec 1, 2010, titled Street preaching' at festival annoying but legal. In it, The Southside Sentinel - Urbanna, Va. reports that:

Under the law, a oestreet preachinga is considered the exercise of free speech and is protected by the First Amendment of the U.S. Constitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Southside Sentinel - Urbanna, Va..

Ziff

Saluda, VA

#1 Dec 10, 2010
the title of the above article should be taken as a warning to all who plan to attend future oyster festivals. this fest was once an annual event that brought a diverse fun seeking public but the past few years have changed this festival into a "fred phelps" style bible banging screaming religious fundamentalist fest. what was once a couple of days of music/food/crafts/boats and general family fun is now a platform for selfrightous religion and condeming people to hell fire if they don't accept jesus into their life at that moment! personally i've had it with this festival and i won't be returning. and - in my opinion - the people who administer this festival should take note as no one comes to eat a variety of food, drink beer and be told they are sinners and condemed to hell. that is a sure fire public attendance killer.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Urbanna Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mike Hurd (Nov '09) Jul 2 Anonymous 22
Big Oak Cafe - Rt. 602 in Remlik (Aug '14) Jun '15 Lor C 14
Corrupt Commonwealth Attorney and uneducated in... May '15 no-justice 1
Urbanna-Incorporation and mayor candidates (Sep '14) Nov '14 RAMROD7 7
Urbannas Joe. H, cought with his pants down por... (Oct '14) Oct '14 peeeeeekabooo 1
Poll Is TheUrbanna Oyster Festival a drunkfest? (Feb '08) Oct '14 Town resident 81
Corruption in Middlesex government (Dec '13) Sep '14 tell no lies 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Urbanna Mortgages