Slipknot Bassist Died Of Drug Overdose

Slipknot Bassist Died Of Drug Overdose

There are 13 comments on the WHOtv story from Jun 21, 2010, titled Slipknot Bassist Died Of Drug Overdose. In it, WHOtv reports that:

The Polk County Medical Examiner says Slipknot bassist Paul Gray died from an overdose of morphine and fentanyl, a synthetic morphine substitute.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WHOtv.

Really

Sioux Falls, SD

#1 Jun 21, 2010
Is this surprising?!?
Obama Sucks

United States

#2 Jun 21, 2010
How did the needle "accidentally" go into his arm?
Queen

San Francisco, CA

#3 Jun 21, 2010
Another one bites the dust...
Kai

Osceola, IA

#4 Jun 21, 2010
Wow ... you guys are heartless.
My thoughts and prayers are with his family, friends, and bandmates!
no fly boy

AOL

#5 Jun 21, 2010
this sound like what happen to the man who the police beatup and put in their car a hour latter he was dead --- 1t was only 60 seconds to jail house but took the police a hour to get him their --- i know they have shots of some kind to reverse the drugs he died on the way to jail ==== this happen down town about two years ago. they said he died from drug over dose or was he kept from help that will save his life.?????????
Jas

Hahira, GA

#6 Jun 21, 2010
I want to know why he was at a hotel when he lived in the area?!?!?!?
Jas

Hahira, GA

#7 Jun 21, 2010
I want to know why he was at a hotel when he lives in the area????
Lala

Des Moines, IA

#8 Jun 21, 2010
He was at a hotel because he was having marriage issues- I heard. It's too bad that another person has to die because of drugs. So preventable. Not a conspiracy.
kandy

Irvine, CA

#9 Jun 21, 2010
I will remember Paul Gray as one of the best bassists and in the Band Slipknot that I have been listening to since 1997. I get through every day with Slipknot blasting. He will be greatly missed. I hope for that for his wife, unborn child, family, friends, and bandmates that somehow the pain from his loss will be less.
Diablo

Irvine, CA

#10 Jun 21, 2010
Strength, love, caring, understanding, respect for his wife, unborn child, family, friends, and bandmates. I do not know any of the members of slipknot. I have been going to their concerts and jamming to them since the 90's. I will listen for the rest of my own life. Judge not, your day will come. Let him rest in peace, he is only on the flip side, where we will all meet someday. HE was an awsome bassist. Rest.
N the Know

Ankeny, IA

#11 Jun 21, 2010
Paul Gray was a great guitar player as well as a great player who had an addiction that he tried so hard to kick, but ultimately ended up becoming a victim of. I wasn't good friends or anything with Paul, but had some interaction with him and he was always a very pleasant person, who seemed to have a good heart and want the best for everyone he knew, especially his wife and unborn child! The morphine was prescribed to help Paul kick his Heroin addiction, however the morphine ended up being just as bad.Hopefully Skipknot will continue to do their thing and keep the music that #2 loved so much alive! Rest in Peace Paul Gray!
janie

Springfield, MO

#12 Jun 21, 2010
I almost lost my daughter to an overdose 2 yrs ago. she has been in rehab ever since-finally making a turn around. it is a long hard road. drug addiction is horrible and impossible to overcome for many people.
James

Moline, IL

#13 Jun 22, 2010
Accidental??? He accidentally fell on the needle, which accidentally injected narcotics into his body

He knew this stuff could kill him.

He rolled the dice and lost.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Urbandale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Adulterer Bill W. Davis of Urbandale Apr 6 Your new nightmare 2
News Housing a Urban Development Secretary Ben Carso... Mar '17 Dems Reps for Ben... 22
News West Des Moines Man Charged With Attempted Murder (Jun '10) Feb '17 Ryan Haynes 86
News Ambush slaying of Iowa police officers shocks s... Nov '16 Repeal the Second 1
News 10 Things to Know for Thursday Nov '16 Repeal the Second 1
News For Donald Trump, projection emerges as top cam... (Sep '16) Nov '16 davy 43
News Iowans react to Trump's 'locker room talk' (Oct '16) Oct '16 American 6

Urbandale Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Urbandale Mortgages