Family Of Woman Killed Says She Was Trying To Help Friend

Full story: WHOtv 20
Calhoun County officials are expected to release more details this week about the discovery of three bodies in a farmhouse near Lake City early Friday morning. Full Story
Dave

Des Moines, IA

#1 Jun 14, 2010
My thoughts to the families of both of these girls. This Luke kid was a p.o.s Just over a year ago he had domestic violence issues (where he was convicted of d.v with a dangerous weapon), they gave him 2 days in Jail. Geez thanks State of Iowa for allowing losers like this kid to be out so he can do this again and take innocent peoples lives away. He also had problems before with a different girl.
Blessed

Amelia, OH

#2 Jun 14, 2010
Yes this is a tragedy, but lets remember ALL 3 families involved in this!!!!! Have a little respect!
Dave

Des Moines, IA

#3 Jun 14, 2010
Blessed, maybe you should use some more exclamation points to get your point across. I'm sorry if the truth hurts your feelings. Maybe you should read and post about news in your own state.
Prayers for all

Fort Dodge, IA

#4 Jun 14, 2010
Prayers go to all families that are involved. It is tragic what happened and may families have a great support system to get through this horrible time in their lives. Unfortunate events have caused families to lose their loved ones for all involved.
Respect

Lincoln, NE

#5 Jun 14, 2010
All of you STOP. I knew Luke for many years, and no matter what problems he may have been having at the time that he took those 2 girls' lives, he still has a family that has to bury their son/brother/nephew/grandson, etc. It is NOT their fault. Have some respect for the family, please!
Thoughts and Prayers

Collinsville, IL

#6 Jun 14, 2010
My prayers go out to families and friends. I'm so sorry for your losses. It's hard losing someone you love. :(
Greg

Billings, MT

#7 Jun 15, 2010
I agree with 'Respect' and would add that it is understandable to be angry at Luke for what he did. It was a horrible tragedy. However, anger and hate will destroy you if you can't learn to let go and forgive which is easy to say, but admittedly diffuclt to do! I pray that folks do not ostracize Luke's family as they are suffering even more. They have not only lost their son, they also have to suffer through the knowledge of what he did. Even though it is not their fault, they will no doubt feel incredible guilt and sadness. They need caring, love, support, and forgivness from the community. I believe the innocent girls who died would want that. Just my thoughts - you are free to disagree.
Thanks Greg and Respect

Mason City, IA

#8 Jun 15, 2010
Well said. My heart goes out to all 3 families.

“I can't stand stupid!”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#11 Jun 16, 2010
You disgust me, "Family." I don't care how upset you are, you do not post things like that on the internet. Have some decency for all those effected and dignity for yourself.
Family

Omaha, NE

#12 Jun 17, 2010
Disgust? Really? HHMMMM.... Now that you have told me how you feel about me, Do me a favor and tell me how you feel about Luke.

Tell me how Luke deserves respect, sympathy, forgiveness,dignity and understanding.

Tell me that even though he has a history of domestic abuse involving threats with / display of a gun to intimidate. He was a good guy. A great friend. Polite, caring, sympathetic and so on...

I'm interested to hear your feed back!

Oh and I'm sure you meant Affected.

“I can't stand stupid!”

Location hidden

#13 Jun 17, 2010
Did I say Luke deserves sympathy? No, I don't believe so. But his family does. It is not their fault what their son did, and not only do they have to deal with the death of their son, but they have to deal with the fact that he took the lives of two others.

I knew Luke and grew up with him. He had such a kind heart, and I truly believe there were other forces involved that brought this on, whether it was alcohol or drugs, no one will probably every know. Those are definitely not excuses, but they can put someone in a different state and take them from their normal state of mind. No one will ever know why, and there's no point in wondering.

Each person involved in this horrible disaster was a wonderful, respectful, caring person, and it is a real tragedy. I do not in any way condone Luke's domestic abuse past. However, his fiance knew of this and still had faith in him because she had such a huge heart, which is a wonderful trait to have. Something inside him forced him to snap, and that "something" will forever be a mystery to us. As much as I hate what he did, as angry as it makes me, even if someone did it to my child, I would NOT say I want to piss on their grave. Have respect for their loved ones who are grief stricken. They are not guilty of what he did. Just please show respect.

“I can't stand stupid!”

Location hidden

#14 Jun 17, 2010
Oh, and by the way, I am "Respect" in the above posts. I decided to make an account on here after my posts as "Respect."
dsant

United States

#15 Jun 23, 2010
Wow! Go ahead fools. Make excuses for this saint. Blame it on alcohol or drugs. What you don't want to do is blame it on the animal. You think his family did not know what he was? Spare me. Ask his teacher, ask the police, ask his former girlfriends. he got to the point of doing this because people like missdsn were around to make excuses for him. Did you guide him in the right direction. People like this scale their crimes because everyone around them just blames society. Don't blame me. Blame his family, his friends. They contributed to what he was.
dsant

United States

#16 Jun 23, 2010
Bring his victims back to life and I will give him all the sympathy you say he deserves. I will even have sympathy for his family. But that is only due when you bring the victims back to life!
Carey

Ankeny, IA

#17 Jun 24, 2010
God bless them , my heart goes out to the families!5264
Family

Omaha, NE

#18 Jun 24, 2010
WOW... a totally unbiased, and spot on response from dsant!

“I can't stand stupid!”

Location hidden

#19 Jun 27, 2010
Excuse me, but I wasn't around him. Haven't seen him in 10 years or more. I had no idea he had a history. I'm just saying that you need to show the family some respect.
Broken

Waterloo, IA

#20 Jul 1, 2010
I can't believe you guys are fighting about this.

Rest in Peace Paige. I'm glad you're not here to see this.
Family

Omaha, NE

#21 Jul 9, 2010
So let me get this straight.... You glad she's not here... to see this.

I'd rather her look at this BS than stare down the barrel of gun.... Just say'n.

"Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me" Guess what bullets will do?
another person

Des Moines, IA

#22 Jul 10, 2010
dsant wrote:
Wow! Go ahead fools. Make excuses for this saint. Blame it on alcohol or drugs. What you don't want to do is blame it on the animal. You think his family did not know what he was? Spare me. Ask his teacher, ask the police, ask his former girlfriends. he got to the point of doing this because people like missdsn were around to make excuses for him. Did you guide him in the right direction. People like this scale their crimes because everyone around them just blames society. Don't blame me. Blame his family, his friends. They contributed to what he was.
Totally agree with you. When he was younger people probably just said "boys will be boys" and let him get away with whatever he could get away with. They think they'll "grow out of it" or something and some kids do but others don't. Also, not every police department takes domestic violence seriously enough. I've been in a position where I was helping a woman and the idiots didn't even photograph her bruises because they didn't have a woman officer on duty the day the call was made! Let me tell you they didn't hear the end of it either. I stuck with it through the initial beating, the stalking, the threats, clear up until the end of all the court dates, sentencing and moving the woman to a new location. It was a pain in the *ss and I can't even begin to explain how disappointed and angry I was in the way it was handled. Even after all these years and all the murders from domestic violence things never seem to change.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Urbandale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rand Paul picks a fight with Marco Rubio Jan 6 by a vote 1
Your 2 Cents' Worth Submit brief anonymous comm... (Jul '09) Dec '14 50312 Senior 167
drugs and stuff Dec '14 Dr Joe Revis Phd 2
Boys soccer results (Apr '07) Oct '14 Cb3a 6
The Son of God Oct '14 Son of God 1
Anyone remember 5th St Fountain?? Oct '14 Dg_buzzbomb 1
Michele Proust, aka Michele Fournier, aka Miche... Oct '14 Dg_buzzbomb 1
Urbandale Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Urbandale People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]