Curious

Scottsville, KY

#1 Sep 28, 2006
Does anyone know what happened to Brian Boyd? I heard he commited suicide, but I have heard a couple different stories on how it happened.
Old friend

Deerfield, IL

#2 Dec 14, 2006
Is the the Brian Boyd of Urbana, OH?

If so, I heard he was upset over his ex wife breaking thing off for good and a recent DUI. He went in a garage and turned on his car, ATV, etc. and curled up on a sleeping bag.

He had cooked dinner the night before for his parents (so they would have a last nice memory) and wrote a note tell them what bill he had recently paid and had not paid.

Very sad for his small son.
Brian Boyd

Montgomery, AL

#3 Jan 26, 2007
Curious wrote:
Does anyone know what happened to Brian Boyd? I heard he commited suicide, but I have heard a couple different stories on how it happened.
Are you talking about brian boyd of dayton,ohio? Used to go to Belmont High School?
Old friend

Xenia, OH

#4 Feb 18, 2007
no, Urbana
fyi

United States

#5 Jun 3, 2008
anyone if that was his brother in the motorcycle wreak weeks back,if so how is he doing ?
Old Friend

United States

#6 Jun 19, 2008
fyi wrote:
anyone if that was his brother in the motorcycle wreak weeks back,if so how is he doing ?
Yes, that was his brother Greg Boyd. He was badly hurt and has a closed head wound injury. He is at Ridgewood Nursing & Rehabilatation in Springfield, OH. It is on St. Paris Pk.His room is 103.
Im late May he was considered a 5 on the coma scale. He was not talking or doing anything on command. He has a trach and was not moving his legs much at all. Little is known about head injury, so anything is possible.
weezer

United States

#7 Jul 13, 2008
Old Friend wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, that was his brother Greg Boyd. He was badly hurt and has a closed head wound injury. He is at Ridgewood Nursing & Rehabilatation in Springfield, OH. It is on St. Paris Pk.His room is 103.
Im late May he was considered a 5 on the coma scale. He was not talking or doing anything on command. He has a trach and was not moving his legs much at all. Little is known about head injury, so anything is possible.
Does anyone know if he had been drinking before the wreak or which bar he had left before it happened
Antieem

United States

#8 Aug 9, 2008
weezer wrote:
<quoted text>
Does anyone know if he had been drinking before the wreak or which bar he had left before it happened
I Thought they were comming from Bellefontaine then he wreaked I assumed they had been to a bar in Bellefontaine ,I just wondered if it was true,I pray for a full recovery
Old Friend

Dayton, OH

#9 Aug 23, 2008
He is now in a rehab unit called Dodd Hall at OSU. I heard he just went their in late August 08.
briana boyd

United States

#10 Feb 6, 2011
This is brian boyds daughter! Yes that happened he is in heaven now! I can't believe I found this site! I miss him everyday and what he did has effected my life and is something that will haunt me! I wish I could have stopped what happened..
stranger to this convo

Houston, TX

#11 Oct 11, 2011
I was searching for some information on an old friend of mine that commited suicide back in the late 90's in houston TX and his name was Brian Boyd. He commited suicide because his wife was leaving him and he couldnt take it. he shot himself in the head in front of his wife in their master bedroom. Im so sorry for your loss Briana. Heaven has 2 wonderful men with the same name.
briana boyd

United States

#12 Dec 23, 2011
Ya very true! Sad to hear that people take there lives when there are so many people who love and care for them! Hope all is well! I guess u never will forget but at least learn how to deal with the loss! God bless and Merry Christmas!
Steffstarr99

Arlington, TX

#13 Jan 7, 2015
Curious wrote:
Hi. I think you are talking about Brian Ronald Boyd from Hurst, Tx? He graduated from LD Bell with me , in 1976? If so, I heard that he was deeply depressed after our 30th Reunion. I was told he went to his parents house in Plano, Tx. And shot himself there. His parents were not home. How horrible to walk in to that horror.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Urbana Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New Reid Park "Rocket Slide" (Feb '12) 8 hr ssh 19
To Janet Brown that lived in KY 21 hr Ky Guy 1
Sarah & Michelle Dec 4 Curious 2
christina gonzalez from urbana (Jul '13) Nov 27 Inquire 2
Schools that used to be in Springfield (Jun '13) Nov 22 anon 5
Any Springfield Oldtimers around? (Jan '10) Nov 21 Rogman57 76
1983 Murder of (PA) Man with a Baseball Bat (May '13) Nov 20 Curious 9

Urbana Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance