Navistar to Recall 65 Laid off worker...

Navistar to Recall 65 Laid off workers but then Hire Temps for 10% of workforce

Posted in the Urbana Forum

ASouthernBuckeye

Clinton, NC

#1 Jun 12, 2011
Did I read the News Sun article right?
Navistar is mulling over recalls of the last 65 on layoff status and then going to hire temps up to 10% of the work force ? This is in the Contract ? So in other words for all of us laid off workers who recalled rights expired (due to being hired in 99 and only on lay off status for 3 yrs) who were given "preferential hiring consideration" if Navistar ever hired again ,,now have to go in as a "temp" in order to go back to work there at all ?
Conservative

Dayton, OH

#2 Jun 13, 2011
Thank your Union and your right to vote for it.
Former Navistar Employee

Benson, NC

#3 Oct 22, 2011
Is this going to get changed in the new contract thats up for renewal , so I heard ,,? C'mon Local 402 what happened to you?
Conservative

Dayton, OH

#4 Oct 23, 2011
Former Navistar Employee wrote:
Is this going to get changed in the new contract thats up for renewal , so I heard ,,? C'mon Local 402 what happened to you?
That's what they need, a strike threat.

From what I have seen and heard the Union looks out for those working and the contract negotiations always hurt new hires and retirees. I guess now those Laid off.

Has any member ever read the contract BEFORE voting on it or do they just vote for it because the highlights of what they wanted was covered, more money, more benefits.
Former Navistar Employee

Benson, NC

#5 Oct 23, 2011
Well the idea of a union is supposed to be Solidarity,,,United We Stand ,, but these days it has become Im looking out for number 1 and who cares about everyone else especially the retirees, laid off and new hires,,,Larry Bayless was the foremost example of that.
Me again

Mansfield, OH

#6 Oct 24, 2011
Unions only look out for themselves. They no longer really care about the workers they are suppose to be there for only their own pockets. And they have never cared for the company they are in. Too many times because of strikes and unions demands good companies have had to close their doors. That leaves no jobs for no one. I say if you are employed go to work and do the best at the job you were hired to do. 95% of business out there want good loyal employees and will compensate to keep them for that loyalty. Just my thoughts.
Former Navistar Employee

Bailey, NC

#7 Nov 2, 2011
I agree, Where do you work ,,are they hiring ? I'm laid off,, LOL
Clint

Delaware, OH

#8 Feb 2, 2013
I worked for Navistar between Sept.1997-Feb.2001
I worked there when Bayless and Bush ran the Union
Remember when one won the Ford Truck and the other 2nd price I think was 4 grand?
LOCAL 402 is a JOKE!

I worked in numerous depts. because of the bumping crap they did there.
62 Rich was Ok
54 Stuttering Steve
53 Ron the Moron

I liked how all you saw was those stupid orange/red stickers all over a truck where there was problems and nobody ever listened to a damn thing you told them about production problems!

The number one phrase there was/is, F... it let the dealership fix it!

Springfield itself is an Interracial Dump!

I do NOT miss it, glad to see it is failing LOL
Clint

Delaware, OH

#9 Feb 2, 2013
I took their sorry ass sign here to quit forms and ended up with nearly $3,000.00 after taxes back in 2002

Funny I make more money now working on 2001 made
3800 series school buses that have their wet sleeves wear out and blow an engine
and let me tell you the newer IC Buses are problematic JUNK!
High Pressure Pumps suddenly fail/bus dies (think TRAIN TRACKS!)
Heater Hoses burst inside getting all over a driver's legs/feet (think accident from suddenly being splashed with 140 degrees or MORE!)

I think it is DAMN funny to make more $ working on their JUNK without worrying about LAY OFFS, their dumb ass bumping bullshit, and their dip shit supervisors!

FUCK NAVISTAR!
FUCK LOCAL 402!
Clint

Delaware, OH

#10 Feb 2, 2013
Conservative wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what they need, a strike threat.
From what I have seen and heard the Union looks out for those working and the contract negotiations always hurt new hires and retirees. I guess now those Laid off.
Has any member ever read the contract BEFORE voting on it or do they just vote for it because the highlights of what they wanted was covered, more money, more benefits.
You nailed it!
Exactly what goes on!
Levi

Dallas, NC

#12 Jun 17, 2015
News Sun said Navistar is hiring to fill retirees positions, Anyone know who is doing the pre screening for them as it used to be the unemployment office but that's closed now, right?
Thanks for any help with this~

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Urbana Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Murders in Springfield (Jul '11) Thu hate this topic 98
Motorcycle clubs Wed During 3
Baskin Robbins Ice Cream Nov 15 Britrider 2
Why would anyone want to live in Springfield, Ohio (Jul '07) Nov 13 Depressed city 206
Needing a job! Nov 13 Worker 1
News Navistar-GM Partnership Spurs Michigan Trucking... Nov 13 Tammy Huennerkopf 1
attention blue borne stage fright local hackers Nov 12 fight it 1

Urbana Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Urbana Mortgages