Tired of Urbana waisting our money!!!

Tired of Urbana waisting our money!!!

Posted in the Urbana Forum

“Come on People!”

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#1 Jul 26, 2013
Wth is going on here? One minute Urbana is screaming that they can't afford to do this and they can't afford to do that and the next they are buying up more damn property and funding studies. Are you guys for real? Every single one of you council members need replaced! This is not Utopia. Quit your reckless spending and you won't need to keep raising taxes. Sell off some of that property you have under 95 different names on the auditors website and you will get extra revenue from taxes. Owning the old quarry that only city workers are allowed to go into? We are paying for the upkeep and aren't even allowed to use it and that's only 1 of 10000 examples of wasted money. What planet are you people from. Get a grip.
Just paying Attention

United States

#2 Feb 8, 2014
Well, maybe Champaign County shouldn't either. Did you see that they hired a new 911 director from another county, paid her more money then any previous director, and she doesn't even meet the minimum requirements that was advertised. I wonder if maybe her and the sheriff is up to something????
Whatever

United States

#3 Jul 5, 2014
Well now I hear the 911 Center needs more money again? Just passed a new levy last fall to raise another $400,000 and the 911 people didn't even get a raise out of that. They have had no raises since 2008, but the 911 board gave the director a big raise. Sounds like time for a union to organize the workers! And there is talk of another new levy on the ballots next year for even more money?? Whats going on? Answers?
Citizen

Detroit, MI

#4 Dec 26, 2014
So what is the county spending more money on now? Ive been told they are looking to purchase farmland west of Urbana on 36 for over $10,000 an acre? Does anyone know anything?
Common Sense

Toledo, OH

#5 Aug 3, 2015
I hear that the county is going to purchase land between Edgewood and Muzzys road. From what I have been told, the thinking is if they own the land then the state can not come in to build the 68 bypass, which by the way in my opinion is way overdue. However, according to the county real estate database, the state has owned the land needed since the early 1970's!! I also was told that the city is STILL against the bypass because they are afraid they will lose all the downtown business. I guess the city doesn't pay any attention to the empty buildings downtown now!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Urbana Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
moving to springfield, oh from columbus. advice... Oct 19 mrnatural 1
Bill Stepp (Sep '15) Oct 14 Vixenmirage123 32
Anyone there Oct 14 Yes 2
Shannon Knott Oct 13 Question2 2
Kevin Bowshier (Jan '13) Oct 12 Wow 47
Restaurants - Gone but not forgotten (Jun '13) Oct 7 Nanherr07 45
Roofer, drywaller, handyman needed ASAP in Spri... Oct 3 Housework 1

Urbana Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance