'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Se...

'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

There are 193581 comments on the thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com story from Oct 1, 2010, titled 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate. In it, thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com reports that:

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Join the discussion below, or Read more at thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com.

Tea Party Republican

Abingdon, VA

#49954 Sep 27, 2012
Syl wrote:
<quoted text>
That is so sad. My sister just wrote me off because I don't like Obama. She said I didn't like him because he was black and I didn't want to see a black man in the white house. That coming from her ,when she's never had a black friend in her 64 years on earth. I do have black friends. In fact, a black friend of my husbands who was in Vietnam with him and his white wife spent the week en with us a couple weeks ago, and we have been to their house. Skin color doesn't matter, how they treat me is what matters. I do not know their political preferences , but listening to them, I would guess it's Republican. But don't know for sure.
We shouldnít ever make this Presidential race about color! We had several great people on the Republican side that would have made fine Presidents and happened to be black. Herman Cain (he was a bit like slick Willie), Condoleezza Rice or Colin Powell would be fine examples. This is not about voting a black man out of the Presidency; itís about voting an idiot out! All the polls say this and that, what it will actually come to is who gets off their ass on Election Day! I am a Republican; we donít have the best candidate running. However you can bet I will be there when the polls open to vote for him! So will a lot of people who donít respond to polls! People say the Electoral College elects the President and our vote does not count, that is wrong! Yes the EC elects the President based on how a state votes, only 1 time has this process been perverted, when Andrew Jackson stole the Presidency in the early 1800ís! He was the founder of our Countries oldest party; The Democrat Party! He hated blacks, and wanted to wipe the Native American off the face of the earth! Just sayin!
demrepind

Broken Arrow, OK

#49956 Sep 27, 2012
Tea Party Republican wrote:
<quoted text>
We shouldnít ever make this Presidential race about color! We had several great people on the Republican side that would have made fine Presidents and happened to be black. Herman Cain (he was a bit like slick Willie), Condoleezza Rice or Colin Powell would be fine examples. This is not about voting a black man out of the Presidency; itís about voting an idiot out! All the polls say this and that, what it will actually come to is who gets off their ass on Election Day! I am a Republican; we donít have the best candidate running. However you can bet I will be there when the polls open to vote for him! So will a lot of people who donít respond to polls! People say the Electoral College elects the President and our vote does not count, that is wrong! Yes the EC elects the President based on how a state votes, only 1 time has this process been perverted, when Andrew Jackson stole the Presidency in the early 1800ís! He was the founder of our Countries oldest party; The Democrat Party! He hated blacks, and wanted to wipe the Native American off the face of the earth! Just sayin!
Yelp i agree with Colin Powell who happened to back Obama and my guess he will again, Condolezza would make a good one but you can keep cain making pizzas at 9.99 you say Andrew Jackson hated blacks things sure havent changed much, perhaps thats where the republicans got their ideas to hate from

Since: Oct 11

Middlesboro, KY

#49957 Sep 27, 2012
Nerd Rage wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet knowing that; you chastise me for posting to ignore him? Isn't that the hypocrisy that you accuse me of, with no proof? Look, I speak to those in the same tone that is spoken to me. I enjoy a good conversation as much as anyone else but when someone just posts these blatant lies then I will respond; if they didn't want a response then they wouldn't post them. If someone gently whispers a lie here and I challenge what they say with facts and links to back up what I am saying, YOU... are miffed because I don't do it gently or YOU just don't like the facts to be thrown back at them. IMO that is typically a liberal response. Don't like the message? Attack the messenger. Don't like the facts, personal attack the messenger. It's intellectually dishonest. If you want a debate on a topic then I can respect that along with disagreeing opinions by debating the topic ďRespectfullyĒ but if those who want to cast aspersions and spew lies and hate then I will challenge them at every turn. So it's up to those individuals who want a conversation or those who want attention to their biased comments.
This is you exact comment:Nerd Rage wrote:
<quoted text>
Please don't respond to this kid. I find it easy to ignore all of his childish rants of telling everyone their stupid, or dumb, or an idiot, or whatever names he can conjure up while he smokes weed and drinks his daily 12 pack of cheap beer. Obvious this kid is on welfare and has no plan to work. So all this talk of entitlements is making him bitter and angry. Just go back to playing your XBOX kid, the adults are talking now. When you want to join a conversation just say so, till then youíre sitting at the kids table.
(To remove dirt and slime rinse and repeat)So prove to me you know
for a fact WTF does what You accuse him of!
Now I'm asking for proof! You challenge people when they lie?
Now prove to me wtf "Obviously smokes weed and drinks his daily 12 pack of cheap beer.Obvious this kid is on welfare and has no plans to work."
Typical liberal?...Well NERD RAGE I Challenge you! I say you're a liar
and a fraud! The world don't rotate on what you think the truth is!
People decide together what the TRUTH is!
I have no use for vulgarity and I cringe when someone says G-d!
But I have no use for know-it-alls either!!
That's my untypical liberal response...
tofy
frank

Oakland, CA

#49958 Sep 27, 2012
this ones for you wrote:
<quoted text>This is you exact comment:Nerd Rage wrote:
<quoted text>
Please don't respond to this kid. I find it easy to ignore all of his childish rants of telling everyone their stupid, or dumb, or an idiot, or whatever names he can conjure up while he smokes weed and drinks his daily 12 pack of cheap beer. Obvious this kid is on welfare and has no plan to work. So all this talk of entitlements is making him bitter and angry. Just go back to playing your XBOX kid, the adults are talking now. When you want to join a conversation just say so, till then youíre sitting at the kids table.
(To remove dirt and slime rinse and repeat)So prove to me you know
for a fact WTF does what You accuse him of!
Now I'm asking for proof! You challenge people when they lie?
Now prove to me wtf "Obviously smokes weed and drinks his daily 12 pack of cheap beer.Obvious this kid is on welfare and has no plans to work."
Typical liberal?...Well NERD RAGE I Challenge you! I say you're a liar
and a fraud! The world don't rotate on what you think the truth is!
People decide together what the TRUTH is!
I have no use for vulgarity and I cringe when someone says G-d!
But I have no use for know-it-alls either!!
That's my untypical liberal response...
tofy
Hey American Bag Lady call you lap dog, he's barking again :-)
American Lady

Danville, KY

#49959 Sep 27, 2012
research wrote:
<quoted text>
We werent discussing the definition of tithe . You clueless wench. He said the Bible "spells out" that we should give a tenth. The law of Moses , sure. But the new covenant, youve heard of that Jesus guy, says no such thing.
Romans Chapter 13:1-14
1 Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.

2 Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation.

3 For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same:

4 For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil.

5 Wherefore ye must needs be subject, not only for wrath, but also for conscience sake.

6 For for this cause pay ye tribute also: for they are God's ministers, attending continually upon this very thing.

>>>> 7 Render therefore to all their dues: tribute to whom tribute is due; custom to whom custom; fear to whom fear; honour to whom honour.

8 Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.

9 For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

10 Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

11 And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed.

12 The night is far spent, the day is at hand: let us therefore cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armour of light.

13 Let us walk honestly, as in the day; not in rioting and drunkenness, not in chambering and wantonness, not in strife and envying.

14 But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to fulfil the lusts thereof.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#49961 Sep 27, 2012
New Testament <<<<<<

Matthew
Mark
Luke
John
Acts

Romans <<<<<<<

1 Corinthians
2 Corinthians
Galatians
Ephesians
Philippians
Colossians
1 Thessalonians
2 Thessalonians
1 Timothy
2 Timothy
Titus
Philemon
Hebrews
James
1 Peter
2 Peter
1 John
2 John
3 John
Jude
Revelation
American Lady

Danville, KY

#49962 Sep 27, 2012
frank wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey fwank...
Green looks good on you :)
American Lady

Danville, KY

#49963 Sep 27, 2012
Hi "tofy" ;-)
My friend ...

Middlesboro, KY

#49964 Sep 27, 2012
frank wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Frank you never did explain yourself..where'd you get this lap dog
B/S at?
Thought we were brothers in arms...have you forsaken a brethren?
American Lady

Danville, KY

#49965 Sep 27, 2012
<quoted text>
You are so sooooo right TPR!
About the EC....
and ...
Color has NOTHING to do with this!

Ignorance and incompetence has EVERYTHING to do with it!

Middlesboro, KY

#49966 Sep 27, 2012
American Lady wrote:
Hi "tofy" ;-)
My friend ...
Hi "AL" my friend and kindred spirit!
TCB baby!

Middlesboro, KY

#49967 Sep 27, 2012
<quoted text>
Hey TPR....You know I do wonder why Colin Powell
Never wanted to run for President. One of the most honorable men in modern times!
American Lady

Danville, KY

#49968 Sep 27, 2012
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm going to be BLUNT here
There's White "trash"...
Just the same as there is Black "trash" ...
There is "low-downs" in every 'race/ethnicity' of people on this planet Earth!
BUT we are ALL of the HUMAN race!
As long as ANY race/ethnicity treat me as a member of the HUMAN race, I will give the SAME in return!
Also, NO, if I can help it, I will NOT marry out of my ethnicity.
And would "hope" my children/g-children do not.
IF that is "racist" so be iT.
Color me "racist" ...
WHO and WHY the BIG red X...
Open for discussion...

IF you dare? ;-)

I "LOVE" humankind!
Abhor cruelty and mean spirited people ...
Whether that be to humans or animals....

Middlesboro, KY

#49969 Sep 27, 2012
frank wrote:
<quoted text>
Here Frank..this ones for you...
If You need a laugh?
http://youtu.be/eNqLoFHJxM0
American Lady

Danville, KY

#49970 Sep 27, 2012
this ones for you wrote:
<quoted text>
Here Frank..this ones for you...
If You need a laugh?
http://youtu.be/eNqLoFHJxM0
Whooo Hoooo !!!
firstofthemonthe r

London, KY

#49971 Sep 27, 2012
American Lady, I have a question for you, do you think the Republican Party truly represent the Moral Majority, or in other words, Christians! Im sure I already know your answer, all I can say if I were a Lawyer I would love to take that case, let us take a look at exhibt 1 Todd Akin, who is running for Senator of Mo. obviously a true Christian, who was just being truthful about his veiws, a very rare commodity these day, and at the first sign of trouble the Republican Masters wanted to throw him under the Bus. There are so many issues conected to that I really dont know where to start, But very concerned about a Handful of People Vote and Control everyone in the Party
firstofthemonthe r

London, KY

#49972 Sep 27, 2012
People of South East Ky, the Senate Race is the only Race that matters, the way the electorial collegis set up we really dont have a voice inthe Presidential Race, focus all your attention on the Ky races, we have to get those Republicans out of Office, Mitch and Rand and Hal, very important to elect Chandler, Andy Barr would be a nightmare, if we have learned anything the last 4yrs Congress is were the real Power is!!
TruthHere

Russellville, KY

#49973 Sep 27, 2012
Ditch Mitch. He has done everything to hurt Obama and in doing so has hurt America.
Washington (CNN)-- Senate Republicans on Thursday blocked a Democratic measure championed by President Barack Obama to end tax breaks for the major oil companies.
Senate Republicans blocked legislation Wednesday that would have established a $1 billion jobs program putting veterans back to work tending to the country's federal lands and bolstering local police and fire departments.
Senate Republicans on Thursday blocked the No.1 item on the president's congressional "to-do-list," refusing to allow a vote on a bill that would give tax breaks for companies that "insource" jobs to the U.S. from overseas while eliminating tax deductions for companies that move jobs abroad.
research

Magnolia, KY

#49974 Sep 27, 2012
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
Romans Chapter 13:1-14
1 Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.
2 Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation.
3 For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same:
4 For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil.
5 Wherefore ye must needs be subject, not only for wrath, but also for conscience sake.
6 For for this cause pay ye tribute also: for they are God's ministers, attending continually upon this very thing.
>>>> 7 Render therefore to all their dues: tribute to whom tribute is due; custom to whom custom; fear to whom fear; honour to whom honour.
8 Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.
9 For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
10 Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.
11 And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed.
12 The night is far spent, the day is at hand: let us therefore cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armour of light.
13 Let us walk honestly, as in the day; not in rioting and drunkenness, not in chambering and wantonness, not in strife and envying.
14 But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to fulfil the lusts thereof.
I realize you are not the sharpest card at the picnic, but what was tge purpose of that post?
we are all mixed

Martin, TN

#49975 Sep 27, 2012
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm going to be BLUNT here
There's White "trash"...
Just the same as there is Black "trash" ...
There is "low-downs" in every 'race/ethnicity' of people on this planet Earth!
BUT we are ALL of the HUMAN race!
As long as ANY race/ethnicity treat me as a member of the HUMAN race, I will give the SAME in return!
Also, NO, if I can help it, I will NOT marry out of my ethnicity.
And would "hope" my children/g-children do not.
IF that is "racist" so be iT.
Color me "racist" ...
Moses, a Jew, apparently married a black African and was approved by God.

We learn in Numbers that "Miriam and Aaron spoke against Moses because of the Cushite woman whom he had married, for he had married a Cushite woman" (Num. 12:1). A Cushite is from Cush, a region south of Ethiopia, where the people are known for their black skin. We know this because of Jeremiah 13:23: "Can the Ethiopian [the same Hebrew word translated "Cushite" in Numbers 12:1] change his skin or the leopard his spots? Then also you can do good who are accustomed to do evil." Attention is drawn to the difference of the skin of the Cushite people. Miriam is critical. God does not get angry at Moses; he gets angry at Miriam. The criticism has to do with Mosesí marriage and Mosesí authority. The most explicit statement relates to the marriage: "Miriam and Aaron spoke against Moses because of the Cushite woman whom he had married, for he had married a Cushite woman." Then God strikes Miriam with leprosy. Why? Consider this possibility. In Godís anger at Miriam, Mosesí sister, God says in effect, "You like being light-skinned Miriam? Iíll make you light-skinned." So we read, "When the cloud removed from over the tent, behold, Miriam was leprous, like snow" (Num. 12:10)

God says not a critical word against Moses for marrying a black Cushite woman. But when Miriam criticizes Godís chosen leader for this marriage God strikes her skin with white leprosy. If you ever thought black was a biblical symbol for uncleanness, be careful; a worse white uncleanness could come upon you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Upton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Domestic Violence in Bonnieville (Jun '14) Fri LBL 12
place to rent Aug 25 searching 1
Little girl hit by car Aug 24 shelby 8
Nathan Avery Aug 24 Wondering 1
Who is Alyssa Bratcher Aug 24 Curious 1
Alyssa Bratcher & Allen Poole Aug 24 umm can u say hoe 6
Cage Match Aug 23 Ding Ding 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Upton Mortgages