Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

There are 81676 comments on the The Cincinnati Enquirer story from Jan 5, 2011, titled Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.. In it, The Cincinnati Enquirer reports that:

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Cincinnati Enquirer.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#65873 Aug 2, 2012
Rattlesnake Pete wrote:
<quoted text>That is a very good observation. The event took place in the winter and the wind is typically out of the North that time of year. It would have only taken a few hours to disperse 40 miles South of the plant.
RP, since I don't live in that area, I don't know if the birds were tested to see what killed them. It could have been something they drank or ate as well, 99% of the public doesn't know that UF6 gas is the deadliest poison above nerve gases or biological germ warfare. It can kill ANY living thing in milliseconds of contact with it.
trusted

New Haven, KY

#65874 Aug 2, 2012
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
The dog and the rooster were a little early, perhaps it was the moon shining so bright they thought it was almost daybreak. Beautiful moon out...
Blue Moon of Kentucky keep on Shining
It was so awesome.... Good day to you AW .Maybe your rooster is like mine, his time clock is out of whack. lol
Here is you all a GREAT DAY
May a great day come your way
May your road be easy and your ride pleasant
May your heart not be troubled but still touched
May your mind be filled with pleasant things and
May no harm come your way, to you or those you love....
Day all.....

Since: Jul 12

Houston, TX

#65876 Aug 2, 2012
RoachClip wrote:
Goodmorning. If you are following the Olympics, you may notice this one has been a very political event from the first timer going off. The games are a world event but NBC has went Nazi on controlling broadcast, competetors are intentionally being banned in protest for stupid rules changes, sponsorship blocking and a host of other dark deeds. This Olympics will be more remembered as a foundation for improvment to future games.
On the lighter side, the number one complaint by London visitors, bird crap. Seems Englands pigeons have a good eye for picking out tourist and bombing them, and every park bench and statue in the kingdom. Long live the queen.
Speaking as a casual observer of an otherwise boring spectacle, I'd just like to remind you that NBC is carrying the coverage, so that may explain the politicism of the coverage. They experienced a glitch, just last night, as a matter of fact. The Chinese badminton team, as well as a few other badminton teams, cheated and conspired to lose their respective games on purpose. This was so that they could drop to the next bracket, in order to avoid having to play better teams. The two hour glitch occurred when no one at NBC could find a way to blame it on George W. Bush. Finally, in desperation over "dead air," NBC was forced to do something totally foreign to them..... tell the truth.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#65877 Aug 2, 2012
My friend said he found a note on his refridgerator that said "It is not working and I am going home to mama".

He said he did not understand, because he looked into the refrigerator and the light was on and his beer was cold.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

#65878 Aug 2, 2012
Ancient Wolf wrote:
My friend said he found a note on his refridgerator that said "It is not working and I am going home to mama".
He said he did not understand, because he looked into the refrigerator and the light was on and his beer was cold.
Glad the beer was cold, Scruffy Nuts.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

#65879 Aug 2, 2012
BIG_STEVIE wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking as a casual observer of an otherwise boring spectacle, I'd just like to remind you that NBC is carrying the coverage, so that may explain the politicism of the coverage. They experienced a glitch, just last night, as a matter of fact. The Chinese badminton team, as well as a few other badminton teams, cheated and conspired to lose their respective games on purpose. This was so that they could drop to the next bracket, in order to avoid having to play better teams. The two hour glitch occurred when no one at NBC could find a way to blame it on George W. Bush. Finally, in desperation over "dead air," NBC was forced to do something totally foreign to them..... tell the truth.
Of course it had to be politics. Your entire life is politics and stale jokes.
hilarious

Pikeville, KY

#65882 Aug 2, 2012
funny

“peace...”

Since: Apr 12

Madisonville, Ky

#65885 Aug 2, 2012
Fraggle Wabbit wrote:
<quoted text>
RP, since I don't live in that area, I don't know if the birds were tested to see what killed them. It could have been something they drank or ate as well, 99% of the public doesn't know that UF6 gas is the deadliest poison above nerve gases or biological germ warfare. It can kill ANY living thing in milliseconds of contact with it.
If that's what killed them, I suppose a lot of other living creatures would have taken a "dive" also.

“Fight Like A Girl”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#65892 Aug 2, 2012
Bump back up ....where is everybody?
What on earth

Morgantown, KY

#65893 Aug 2, 2012
why?

“peace...”

Madisonville, Ky

#65894 Aug 2, 2012
Wicked_38 wrote:
Bump back up ....where is everybody?
Gone to roost this early? Strange.
Mingo

Amsterdam, Netherlands

#65895 Aug 2, 2012
A new strain of avian flu that jumped from birds to mammals is responsible for the death of more than 160 seals off the New England coast last year, scientists announced Tuesday. The virus could theoretically pose a threat to human health, they said. Harbor seals — most of them babies less than 6 months old — began appearing with severe pneumonia and skin lesions in September of last year, the researchers said. Over the next few months, at least 162 dead seals were recovered along the coast from Maine to Massachusetts, they said. Mutant bird flu would be airborne, scientists say. Testing pointed at a new strain of the H3N8 flu virus being called seal H3N8.“When initial tests revealed an avian influenza virus, we asked the obvious question: How did this virus jump from birds to seals?” lead researcher Simon Anthony of Columbia University said. The virus developed the ability to attack mammalian respiratory tracts, scientists learned. It may also have developed enhanced virulence and transmission in mammals, they said, but they need to do more tests to be sure. Avian flu has spread to humans before, most notably H1N1 and H5N1, so the new strain could pose a threat to public health, scientists warned.“HIV/AIDS, SARS, West Nile, Nipah and influenza are all examples of emerging infectious diseases that originated in animals,” said W. Ian Lipkin, director of the Center for Infection and Immunity at Columbia University.“Any outbreak of disease in domestic animals or wildlife, while an immediate threat to wildlife conservation, must also be considered potentially hazardous to humans,’ he said. The research is published in the journal mBio

http://theextinctionprotocol.wordpress.com/20...

“Fight Like A Girl”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#65896 Aug 2, 2012
some times there's interesting stuff posted on here ..that's why .......

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

#65897 Aug 2, 2012
About mid-morning some aliens came through. Actually, I'm not sure if they were aliens or not. They were dressed in white and had strange looking jackets and restraints in their hands. They went at it like Squirrels gathering nuts for Winter. They got a bunch of the so called Regular Nuts and said they would be back later when the rest of them came out.

They seem to think there were several sets of lips, mean faces and flames hiding out.

“peace...”

Madisonville, Ky

#65898 Aug 2, 2012
Mingo wrote:
A new strain of avian flu that jumped from birds to mammals is responsible for the death of more than 160 seals off the New England coast last year, scientists announced Tuesday. The virus could theoretically pose a threat to human health, they said. Harbor seals — most of them babies less than 6 months old — began appearing with severe pneumonia and skin lesions in September of last year, the researchers said. Over the next few months, at least 162 dead seals were recovered along the coast from Maine to Massachusetts, they said. Mutant bird flu would be airborne, scientists say. Testing pointed at a new strain of the H3N8 flu virus being called seal H3N8.“When initial tests revealed an avian influenza virus, we asked the obvious question: How did this virus jump from birds to seals?” lead researcher Simon Anthony of Columbia University said. The virus developed the ability to attack mammalian respiratory tracts, scientists learned. It may also have developed enhanced virulence and transmission in mammals, they said, but they need to do more tests to be sure. Avian flu has spread to humans before, most notably H1N1 and H5N1, so the new strain could pose a threat to public health, scientists warned.“HIV/AIDS, SARS, West Nile, Nipah and influenza are all examples of emerging infectious diseases that originated in animals,” said W. Ian Lipkin, director of the Center for Infection and Immunity at Columbia University.“Any outbreak of disease in domestic animals or wildlife, while an immediate threat to wildlife conservation, must also be considered potentially hazardous to humans,’ he said. The research is published in the journal mBio
http://theextinctionprotocol.wordpress.com/20...
That is very interesting Mingo. My father was born during the last bird-flu epidemic and seemed to be immune to "getting sick". I cannot remember an instance when he was in the bed sick, up until he passed a couple of years ago at the age of 92. It is possible that a natural selection process is constantly weeding out those not having immunity, leaving stronger species to survive.

Since: Jan 10

Scotts Vegas

#65899 Aug 2, 2012
That's right Wicked!

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#65900 Aug 2, 2012
Wicked_38 wrote:
some times there's interesting stuff posted on here ..that's why .......
Hi Wicked!
SYL

Russell, KY

#65901 Aug 2, 2012
Rattlesnake Pete wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks for your reply. When public hangings were discontinued, then Gov. Happy Chandler said, "The streets will no longer be safe".
Unfortunately, hanging someone will not bring back the loved ones lost to acts of murder. The hangings were discontinued after articles were written in Chicago newspapers, among others, describing the carnival-like atmosphere during the last public hanging in Owensboro, Ky., 1936
I remember my grandmother tell us about when the towns men would drag a person who did bad things to other people or mistreat their families out of their house in the middle of the night and tie them to a tree. Then they would shave their heads and pour tar on them and cover them with feathers before they let them go. Don't know if that was true, but she told it as thou it was.
If that didn't change them, the next would some town men with faces covered with pillow cases {not kkk} and would catch them and use a switch and whip them good with it. I don't know what they did after that.
hmmm

Owingsville, KY

#65902 Aug 2, 2012
Goverment
Mingo

Amsterdam, Netherlands

#65903 Aug 2, 2012
Rattlesnake Pete wrote:
<quoted text>That is very interesting Mingo. My father was born during the last bird-flu epidemic and seemed to be immune to "getting sick". I cannot remember an instance when he was in the bed sick, up until he passed a couple of years ago at the age of 92. It is possible that a natural selection process is constantly weeding out those not having immunity, leaving stronger species to survive.
I agree.Let's just hope mankind isn't upsetting the balance.Mother nature always finds a way to weed out the weak and the threats to the delicate balance of earth.I do see a dramatic change coming.A new age?I hope I live long enough to see what becomes of all this turmoil across the globe.Will we go out with a bang or a whimper?Or will mankind come to it's senses and advance into a better being?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Upton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
jeremiah johnson (Feb '09) 9 hr Big Brother 13
gay guys (Jan '10) 18 hr Upton resident 37
munfordville appt hookers (May '09) Thu Seriously 16
Mark Davis anybody know him? Thu Curious 1
david streets tires and towing (Mar '14) Wed A Friend 10
Paige Veirs Jul 20 curious 11
What about Brandon (Homer)?? (Oct '08) Jul 19 you know who i am 38

Upton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance