Woman who told Obama she was 'exhausted' loses job

Full story: TwinCities.com

The woman who told President Barack Obama that she was "exhausted" from defending him and his economic policies and waiting for the change she expected after voting for him has another reason to be put out: She's lost her job.
Comments
1 - 20 of 29 Comments Last updated Nov 24, 2010
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Parks

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Nov 23, 2010
 

Judged:

3

3

1

SO Velma...hows that hope and change working out for you?????????
nanabooboo

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Nov 23, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

1

That was pretty assinine, Mr. Parks. Where did you learn your tact and diplomacy?
Mr Sarcasm

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Nov 23, 2010
 

Judged:

3

2

1

Sorry Lady-you fell for Obamanomics
Im right and you know it

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Nov 23, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

1

I would have thought she would have known that speaking out against "The One" was a quick way to unemployment, especially since she was a federal employee.
laugh at the lemmings

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Nov 23, 2010
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Dipshister Reagan thru Boy Bafoon Bush caused the problems, and these uneducated morons blame the guy trying it. 30 plus years of shifting wealth from the middle class and these dummies want their racist teaaggin' balls polished in two years.

The teabaggin' idiots sold out and manipulated by the repukes voted for the same crooks that sodomize America. Amnericans staving, no jobs, and the repukes vote against everything to restore the economy and prevnt big business from continuously sucking every dime from the working class.

..and their god-queen Palin has the brains God gave a goose. Too bad she doesn't go hunting with Cheney.

Good thing I make plenty of money and am very very close to retirement. Thank goodness I trusted in my education, work ethic, and skills and not the quick buck shisters, politician, and redneck (good ol' boy) know-it-alls.
Constitution

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Nov 23, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

1

We are nearing an economic meltdown thanks to Keynesian politicians who listen to the garbage that hacks like Krugman spew.

Yeah, more and more government spending is the way to go, and if it does not work, just a few trillion more will do the trick. Well done Paul.

The fact that he and President Barry won Nobel Prizes certainly says alot about the competency and credibility of that organization.
laugh at the lemmings

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Nov 23, 2010
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Constitution wrote:
We are nearing an economic meltdown thanks to Keynesian politicians who listen to the garbage that hacks like Krugman spew.
Yeah, more and more government spending is the way to go, and if it does not work, just a few trillion more will do the trick. Well done Paul.
The fact that he and President Barry won Nobel Prizes certainly says alot about the competency and credibility of that organization.
Do you mean the Bush administration and the Republican congress' plea for the initial bailout or the rampant spending and contract awards based on lies and fear, and let us not forgot the unpaid Medicare reform, out of control corporate and tax breaks for the wealthy. All we got was $600 immediately followed by a 100% increase in fuel prices. Hell with the Keynesian arm chair quarterbacking, the repukes screwed us from the get go.
laugh at the lemmings

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Nov 23, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

1

...corporate welfare...
NObama

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Nov 23, 2010
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Obama responded, in part: "As I said before, times are tough for everybody right now. So I understand your frustration."

Not true! Obama is having the time of his life on taxpayers' money. Federal employees on average are making more money compared to the private sector. Politicians in Washington have cozy jobs with all kinds of benefits.

“"Molon Labe"”

Since: Oct 09

North Afghanistan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Nov 23, 2010
 

Judged:

2

2

1

yeah....who didnt see that coming.

Welcome to the Demokratic Peoples Republik of Amerika.

Since: Apr 08

Mission Viejo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Nov 23, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

Constitution wrote:
We are nearing an economic meltdown thanks to Keynesian politicians who listen to the garbage that hacks like Krugman spew.
Yeah, more and more government spending is the way to go, and if it does not work, just a few trillion more will do the trick. Well done Paul.
The fact that he and President Barry won Nobel Prizes certainly says alot about the competency and credibility of that organization.
Corporate profits are all time high because corporations want to control costs and outsource jobs.

http://feeds.nytimes.com/click.phdo...

This is sad truth is that Uncle Sam is the only one that is hiring. The private sector will take a long time to rehire all of those lost jobs unless they are force to by the government.
Interested

Lewisburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Nov 23, 2010
 
I wonder how long it will be before we hear she has a cushy fed job.
laugh at the lemmings

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Nov 23, 2010
 

Judged:

3

2

2

The New York Times reported record profits during the third quarter 2010. Unemployment is slowly decreasing. It took nearly 14 years to recover from the depression in 1929 - we could have, without intervention, had an ecomony as devastated as the "Great One."

But according to Fox News, Limbaugh, Repuke spokesmen and other anti-American media we suck and the administration has done nothing to help this country. More like the republicans that did everything they could to make matters worst.

The repukes have a methodology of divide and conquer via the weak, ignorant, and hateful for profit.

Well here we go again...

Democrats fix it and the republicans mess it up with the consent of the uneducated masses.
Constitution

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Nov 23, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

1

laugh at the lemmings wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you mean the Bush administration and the Republican congress' plea for the initial bailout or the rampant spending and contract awards based on lies and fear, and let us not forgot the unpaid Medicare reform, out of control corporate and tax breaks for the wealthy. All we got was $600 immediately followed by a 100% increase in fuel prices. Hell with the Keynesian arm chair quarterbacking, the repukes screwed us from the get go.
I do mean the Bush administration and republican congresses. And other republican presidents. And democrat presidents. And democrat and republican congresses.

Anyone who believes that our problems are all the fault of one political party or one president is a silly ideologue grasping at straws.

Since: Apr 08

Mission Viejo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Nov 23, 2010
 
Interested wrote:
I wonder how long it will be before we hear she has a cushy fed job.
Pretty soon the feds will no you longer be hiring. The American taxpayers just voted in the Republicans into the house.

Since appropriation bills orginiate in the US house, the Republicans will ensure that federal job growth is severely curtailed. The Dems who control the Senate have very limited power to amend the House's approration bills.
laugh at the lemmings

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Nov 23, 2010
 

Judged:

4

4

1

True federal employees do make more money now - because the Republicans screwed America in the rectal pore, and Federal employees via stable government jobs uneffected by much of the baffoonery in the private sector were able to continue serving their country, states, and municipalities. Now I do agree, many politicians leave much to be desired.

I didn't hear Limpbaugh complaining about underpaid soldiers, government, and public workers when the stock market, housing market, and banking industry was turned into a backstreet casino.

By the way, many of the soldiers that do your dirty work for you qualify for food stamps. I can't see the justifying the same program for the lazy dirtbags and border-jumpers collecting taxpayer benefits while sitting on their butts (not all but many in this town).

The best thing I ever did was serve my country, retire, and continue to working for the Department of Defense. It is hard work, but I avoid the abuse of the ignorant and continue to be assured the chance to succeed within a system of checks and balances (a fair playing field), unlike the the Rand Paul system of Constitutional equality.

It truly amazes me, the Teabagger and repuke platform of: I crapped on you, so blame the other guy and everything will smell like roses. Thus the lemmings take the bait while swimming in their sorrow and anger.
laugh at the lemmings

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Nov 23, 2010
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Constitution wrote:
<quoted text>I do mean the Bush administration and republican congresses. And other republican presidents. And democrat presidents. And democrat and republican congresses.
Anyone who believes that our problems are all the fault of one political party or one president is a silly ideologue grasping at straws.
We agree wholeheartedly, but I see more lies and deception on the part of Republicans.

I am truly ashamed of how our politics and local, state, and federal governments have sank to such a low depressing level.
Funny

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Nov 23, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

Well, she did say she was tired.....she can rest now....
Seeker

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Nov 23, 2010
 

Judged:

3

2

1

laugh at the lemmings wrote:
Dipshister Reagan thru Boy Bafoon Bush caused the problems, and these uneducated morons blame the guy trying it. 30 plus years of shifting wealth from the middle class and these dummies want their racist teaaggin' balls polished in two years.
The teabaggin' idiots sold out and manipulated by the repukes voted for the same crooks that sodomize America. Amnericans staving, no jobs, and the repukes vote against everything to restore the economy and prevnt big business from continuously sucking every dime from the working class.
..and their god-queen Palin has the brains God gave a goose. Too bad she doesn't go hunting with Cheney.
Good thing I make plenty of money and am very very close to retirement. Thank goodness I trusted in my education, work ethic, and skills and not the quick buck shisters, politician, and redneck (good ol' boy) know-it-alls.
Quit bragging! You are not the only successful drug smuggler in El Paso. And not the only Demorat az kisser, either.
quebert

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Nov 23, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

1

What "recovery"? Food prices up from 50 to 800 percent for staples across the boards. Gas prices "stabilized" at rates 200% higher than when prices began to rise just about 18 months ago. Water rates rising due to municipalities insolvency and costs for treatment, family of four's rates can run 300 dollars a month, electricity and phone rates have nearly doubled. Real incomes steadily dropping and value of the dollar heading sharply lower, on track to lose half the value of your money before Spring of 2011. Real unemployment above 20% in America, yet another million and a-half illegals came here last month being chased out by war in Mexico. Expect all commodities,(those are the staples you need to survive and the basis for industry and agriculture to rise in price 10 (ten) times above current costs by March. Original estimates of prices rising a mere 300% by Spring now showing we will hit that price mark by January. When there's no food, medicine or fuel to buy, that gold and silver your buying won't be anything but an expensive paper weight that you'll happily trade for a burger, if anyone's stupid enough to sell you one. BTW, first thing the government did in last depression was forcibly confiscate precious metals, good luck with that losers.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Upper Marlboro Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Upper Marlboro People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Upper Marlboro News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Upper Marlboro
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••