Is it true that Six Flags is a ghetto...

Is it true that Six Flags is a ghetto park????

Posted in the Upper Marlboro Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Tommy Tutone

Escondido, CA

#1 Oct 17, 2010
Is it true that Six Flags in Largo is a ghetto park? Somebody told me not to go there. Thanks.

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#2 Jun 7, 2011
Yes Six Flags is ghetto.

There are lots of gang type people there.

They cut in line, and generally make for a threatening unfriendly environment. They curse. You will hear profanity all day long.

I know lots of people who won't go to Six Flags anymore because of the people who go there. It's better to go to Busch Gardens, King's Dominion, or Hershey Park instead. Save your money and go to those parks instead. Six Flags isn't worth it.

Location hidden

#3 Jun 7, 2011
While most visitors are behaved okay at Six Flags, the ones who are threatening and scary are very visible and hard to just ignore.

The gang element at Six Flags is the elephant in the room that nobody talks about. It's not politically correct to talk about, and people fear being called racist, but, I know lots of people who won't go there anymore. And it's not because they didn't like the rides, they didn't want to feel threatened all day long.

Location hidden

#4 Jun 7, 2011
Remember how sad it was to see Landover Mall go out of business and get torn down? Six Flags is heading in th same direction unless they clean things up there.

The same factors which led to the end of Landover Mall are in place in Six Flags. I don't know if Dan Snyder and his boys can fix it or if they care.
Upper Marlboro Guy

Upper Marlboro, MD

#5 Jul 30, 2011
I'm a season passholder.

I have never ever felt unsafe at Six Flags America. I go there a few times every year with with 9 year old.

...gangs?....really? I've heard it all now.

If there was a gang problem at Six Flags America it would have been reported in the Washington Post and every other media outlet in this area.....never happened, because this absolutely isn't true!

Let's stop dancing around this issue. Prince George's county is predomitaely African American, so most of the visitors are African American. Unfortunately, some people find African Americans scary, even when there is no rational reason to be afraid.....especially of patrons at a family friendly amusement park.

Contrary to what many say, we have not yet realized the dream of a post-racial America.

Six Flags problems are related to people's perceptions, not reality!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
B Real

Rochester, MI

#6 Aug 3, 2011
Six flags is terrible, i worked thete for two summers and all you see is fights, rides breaking down and ppl acting a fool. Now their not even advertising that they are located largo anymore, the commercials say just west of annapolis lmao what a joke.

Ps. Idk about a gang problem but different hoods do show up at the same time and thats why there are constanly ppl getting jumped or why the infamous shootout in the parking lot took place.
Michael Davis

Washington, DC

#7 Apr 25, 2014
I am not mocking one's skin color by saying this; but I can't have fun around people who act like animals! This goes for everyone regardless of their RACE.
Upper Marlboro Guy wrote:
I'm a season passholder.
I have never ever felt unsafe at Six Flags America. I go there a few times every year with with 9 year old.
If there was a gang problem at Six Flags America it would have been reported in the Washington Post and every other media outlet in this area.....never happened, because this absolutely isn't true!
Let's stop dancing around this issue. Prince George's county is predomitaely African American, so most of the visitors are African American. Unfortunately, some people find African Americans scary, even when there is no rational reason to be afraid.....especially of patrons at a family friendly amusement park.
Contrary to what many say, we have not yet realized the dream of a post-racial America.
Michael Davis

Washington, DC

#8 Apr 25, 2014
This is why I prefer Kings Dominion! If someone goes there and decides to act like an animal; they will be TOSSED OUT and/or Arrested! They are in rural Virginia near Richmond and won't tolerate that non-sense!
B Real wrote:
Six flags is terrible, i worked thete for two summers and all you see is fights, rides breaking down and ppl acting a fool. Now their not even advertising that they are located largo anymore, the commercials say just west of annapolis lmao what a joke.
Ps. Idk about a gang problem but different hoods do show up at the same time and thats why there are constanly ppl getting jumped or why the infamous shootout in the parking lot took place.
Michael Davis

Washington, DC

#9 Apr 25, 2014
OMFG YES!!! What do you expect from GHETTO Prince Georges County MD. It's in Largo, MD and not far from the rough areas of Southeast DC.
Tommy Tutone wrote:
Is it true that Six Flags in Largo is a ghetto park? Somebody told me not to go there. Thanks.
Michael Davis

Washington, DC

#10 Apr 25, 2014
No one can feel safe and secure when people act like Animals! This is why I stopped going to Six Flags America in 1999. I will spend more money and go to Kings Dominion in Doswell VA. You feel safe there and don't have to deal with the RIFF RAFF that has taken over Prince Georges County MD.
Frostburg Girl wrote:
While most visitors are behaved okay at Six Flags, the ones who are threatening and scary are very visible and hard to just ignore.
The gang element at Six Flags is the elephant in the room that nobody talks about. It's not politically correct to talk about, and people fear being called racist, but, I know lots of people who won't go there anymore. And it's not because they didn't like the rides, they didn't want to feel threatened all day long.
JKO

Upper Marlboro, MD

#11 Sep 28, 2014
Michael Davis wrote:
OMFG YES!!! What do you expect from GHETTO Prince Georges County MD. It's in Largo, MD and not far from the rough areas of Southeast DC.
<quoted text>
Michael Davis, this attitude is not necessary and dangerous. I live 5 minutes from Six Flags. I have a family. We live in an upper middle class neighborhood. We would not take our children to Six Flags and similarly many of our peers who are also professionals and highly educated would not. So what's left is composed of a disproportionate undesirable element. But let's not act like everybody or the majority in PG county acts this way. We do not. If Six Flags was smarter about security and marketing to a professional crowd we would be more likely to bring our children.
phil

Derwood, MD

#12 Oct 12, 2014
I'm a season passholder.
All you have to do is Google six flags maryland and you will find several Washington post articles about the crime and violence there. There's still a boy in a coma from the gang fights that took place a few weeks ago. You obviously think these comments are from just scared racist white people; they are from normal people who have a rational fear of black culture and the violence that surrounds it. I take it your black, let me ask you how many times have you been walking with your significant other and a group of white people have harassed him/her right in front of you? How many times has a white guy want to fight you because you accidentally bumped into him. How many times has a group of white people just openly use foul language in front of women and children? How many times have white people just cut in front of you in line, because they prey on that fear and know you won't say anything. How many times have you been referred to as black boy from a white person and it's socially acceptable? Probably never because it's 2014 and while those things did happen 50 years ago, we as a society have grown and collectively deem this behavior as unacceptable. But it didn't happen easily and many strong black men and women had to speak up and say we're not going to tolerate this anymore. Well ironically now white people are overwhelmingly the victims of racism, but in our society and media; we're not allowed to say we are. It's a problem that is swept under the rug and deemed made up. I wish you could go to this six flags as a white person and understand how black America treats you for being white. There is a problem there and just because these people bring light to it does not make them scared racists. More people need to speak up about their experiences so we can stop being the victims of this racism. I hope that one day I can walk with my wife past a group of black people and not fear the harassment and the inevitable jumping that will take place if I defend her. One day white people will be free!
tony

Brandywine, MD

#13 Apr 23, 2015
look I love six flags iam from south east washighton dc and take kids their doing the spring time
and they have fun look by large six flags is safe its a place to have fun and look iam a Mexican
American that came from dallas texas from the inner city of dallas south oark cilff where it
African American and latino so look race has nothing to do with people going to six flags
yes more police should be their so stuff will not get out of hand look more of us Hispanics are
living in African American areas of south east dc like Anacostia and outside of the city
in captiol heights Forestville temple hills marlow heights oxion hill and suitland look these areas
are by large African American ok but we get a long with blacks like white people if you are cool
we are cool yes prince geogre county gang problem is growing ms13 18th street vato locos
barrio play boys thin bloods crips thin you dc drug gangs that have been pused out of dc
to parts of prince georges county like but over all people get a long good man
look more Mexicans like my self work very hard for are family to make sure that we can give them
a good life look blacks whites here in the dc metro need to unite and stop the hate real talk
more Puerto Ricans south americans are living in prince geogre county but I see young
latino women and mem that are slowly going out with black mem and girls white mem and
women which is cool
T360DA

District Heights, MD

#14 Apr 27, 2015
Stop being ignorant and just go to the park. You sound racist.
JKO

Bowie, MD

#15 Apr 29, 2015
phil wrote:
<quoted text>
All you have to do is Google six flags maryland and you will find several Washington post articles about the crime and violence there. There's still a boy in a coma from the gang fights that took place a few weeks ago. You obviously think these comments are from just scared racist white people; they are from normal people who have a rational fear of black culture and the violence that surrounds it. I take it your black, let me ask you how many times have you been walking with your significant other and a group of white people have harassed him/her right in front of you? How many times has a white guy want to fight you because you accidentally bumped into him. How many times has a group of white people just openly use foul language in front of women and children? How many times have white people just cut in front of you in line, because they prey on that fear and know you won't say anything. How many times have you been referred to as black boy from a white person and it's socially acceptable? Probably never because it's 2014 and while those things did happen 50 years ago, we as a society have grown and collectively deem this behavior as unacceptable. But it didn't happen easily and many strong black men and women had to speak up and say we're not going to tolerate this anymore. Well ironically now white people are overwhelmingly the victims of racism, but in our society and media; we're not allowed to say we are. It's a problem that is swept under the rug and deemed made up. I wish you could go to this six flags as a white person and understand how black America treats you for being white. There is a problem there and just because these people bring light to it does not make them scared racists. More people need to speak up about their experiences so we can stop being the victims of this racism. I hope that one day I can walk with my wife past a group of black people and not fear the harassment and the inevitable jumping that will take place if I defend her. One day white people will be free!
Phil you must have just landed on Earth from Mars. So many black people have been terrorized by whites over history and continue to be on a daily basis today. Your comments are the literal definition of ignorance.

There is no excuse for the subset of blacks that do what you describe above but don't think for one second that whites don't do the same violent crap. If you took 5 min to do a google search you would see countless examples.
JOSE

Brandywine, MD

#16 Sep 24, 2015
whats up this jose from temple hills Maryland look temple hills has bloods the 36th street Minnesota gang crew and the temple 13 maravilla gang look temple hills is by far African American I have been here ten years came from Langley park look homie no one wants to
talk a bout the gangs here the police or baker look man bloods crips 18th steet and maravilla
13 centralamerican gang look gangs are sorry they are not a bout shit ok
but gang members are moving here from Baltimore that are from crip hoods and blood hoods
they are in oxion hill landover hills forest heights creenbelt and lanham
18th street gang and maravilla 13 are in Forestville suitland riverdale Hyattsville
yes man gangs that's why people are getting shot its sad you see people wear red for bloods
crips for blue 18th street black colors maravilla 13 they wear blue and white
drugs come in from Baltimore new York city northern va Atlanta Jamaican gangsters bring it
from Miami bloods and crips bring it in from losangeles to wasdhighton dc around prince George
county and northern va 18th street Mexican gangsters are in northern va Baltimore
but have big drug ties that fly it in from losangeles and mexico
truthteller

Hockessin, DE

#17 Nov 2, 2015
I'm a season passholder.
Not true. My wife and friends were bullied there and threatened with violence. It's more about the "perception " of the ghetto people of color hating whites. TRUTH!
Tommie

Millersville, MD

#19 Apr 15, 2016
Wow. I'm glad I read this article before getting season passes for my family of 4! I was just ready to hit the submit button for $879.96 of season tickets. I'll spend my money elsewhere. Sounds like a rough place!!!
Tomisha Cunningham-Wrigh t

Reston, VA

#20 Jun 29, 2016
I'm a season passholder.

People form their opinion based on facts and observations. Six Flags America, is in fact, a ghetto. PG is a total dump and we all know why. D.C. is a dump, NYC is a dump, Atlanta is a dump, Dallas is a dump, Baltimore is a dump, L.A. dump, San Diego dump, Detroit dump...all dumps and they all have something in common.
Hello Everyone

La Mesa, CA

#21 Jul 10, 2016
Somebody told me to avoid this place too. There's a rough crowd there so you won't enjoy it I was told.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Upper Marlboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Prince George's police chief does amazing thing... Oct 22 markie b 1
News Two officers shot in Prince George's County, po... Oct '18 little vato 1
News Mt. Zion United Methodist Church gears up for 1... Oct '18 big joe 1
News DC man arrested in fatal Prince Georgea s Co. s... Oct '18 OG MONEY 2
News DC teen mistakenly released while facing murder... (May '18) May '18 marlo herndez 1
Upper Marlboro Music Emporium (Nov '12) Apr '18 Musikologist 14
organ harvesting happens to black people (Oct '17) Apr '18 Sensible Guy 2

Upper Marlboro Jobs

Personal Finance

Upper Marlboro Mortgages