Tornado Volunteer Fire Department
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Its me

Charleston, WV

#21 Sep 11, 2012
See most of yall have it really messed up and dont even have all the departments that run together, together up here... 1st of all Tornado does get grants and they do have a NEW truck, they do have to do training and classes LOTS of em... The departments run together to help each other out n lets get this straight right off okay these are ALL Volunteer Fire Departments which means everyone one them has FAMILYS and JOBS other than just the Fire Department meaning if they are at work when the call comes in they cant make it.... Okay now Tornado runs calls with Lakewood (yes) West Side (yes) Jefferson and sometimes Alum Creek.. They are their not for their own selfishness but for the community they are there to SAVE YOUR ASS!!! They put their lives in danger everytime they head out that door... They are highly trained but things happen ya know?? If you dont think they are doing it right or to your standards then why dont you go join the Dept. n see if u can handle the heat!! See if you can run the calls do drill take classes n training?? Can you spend that time away from your own children to do so??? Ohh by the way did anyone know that the Fireman at Torando was also trained to DIVE??? Yeah thats right n no not for fun but to save the dumbass people that think its okay to swim in Coal River!!! Before you go downing other people take a step back and look in the mirrow at yourself first!!! I dont have a problem with Tornado, Lakewood, West Side, Jefferson, or Alum Creek... I say if you dont like the Fire Dept in your area and want a PAID Dept. looking over your home n family pack it up and move to the City!!!=0)

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
SAFF Worried

Charleston, WV

#22 Sep 12, 2012
Wow..its amazing just how off you really are. Tornado diving classes...lol...there is no place in coal river that is deeper than 8 feet. not to mention it takes them 30 mins to put the stuff on. Another waste of tax payers money. I agree that fighting fires in a city id dangerous work...but they have large buildings there also. Lastr time I looked...Tornado has no high rise buildings. The biggest they have is a 2 story home and if it catches fire they will do what they always do....wait 20 mins before going to the call and then stand back 40 feet or so and spray water..thats it. They could never make it as a real fireman. Thats why they are where they are now...just a plain ole Vol.
1 post removed
harbinger

Bluefield, WV

#24 Sep 28, 2012
Its me wrote:
1st of all Tornado does get grants and they do have a NEW truck
Unlike every other volunteer fire department in the United States, these buffoons have to make a monthly PAYMENT on their truck BECAUSE THEY'VE NEVER RECEIVED A VEHICLE ACQUISITION GRANT IN THEIR ENTIRE HISTORY! Unlike every other volunteer fire department in the United States, they've also NEVER received a Modify Facilities grant in their entire history! The grants they talk about are tiny compared to what other departments have received since 9/11! I'm betting that they're refusing to turn over their financial records to the county because they don't even meet the requirements to be a non-profit. If they lose that, then what? Maybe the IRS should get a call from somebody who actually cares what's going on. Hey IRS! You need to audit the Tornado Volunteer Fire Department!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
paralegal

Charleston, WV

#25 Oct 1, 2012
harbinger wrote:
<quoted text>
Unlike every other volunteer fire department in the United States, these buffoons have to make a monthly PAYMENT on their truck BECAUSE THEY'VE NEVER RECEIVED A VEHICLE ACQUISITION GRANT IN THEIR ENTIRE HISTORY! Unlike every other volunteer fire department in the United States, they've also NEVER received a Modify Facilities grant in their entire history! The grants they talk about are tiny compared to what other departments have received since 9/11! I'm betting that they're refusing to turn over their financial records to the county because they don't even meet the requirements to be a non-profit. If they lose that, then what? Maybe the IRS should get a call from somebody who actually cares what's going on. Hey IRS! You need to audit the Tornado Volunteer Fire Department!
If wrongdoing is found, the board members could be held personally liable.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
RiverRat

Charleston, WV

#26 Oct 3, 2012
The Kanawha County Commission has wanted to take over the department for years. Why not let them? They would be able to get federal grants for facilities and vehicles, something the existing department has never been able to do. They're also in a much better position to pay the workers comp premiums and other expenses than the existing department. What's the downside? The upside is a station that's managed by a professional, with better facilities, vehicles, equipment and training for the guys who put their lives on the line to protect us!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Educator

Charleston, WV

#27 Oct 7, 2012
If a larger, better fire station was built, the Board of Education could remodel the existing station for use as classrooms and we could get rid of one of those horrible trailers!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
RiverRat

Charleston, WV

#28 Oct 8, 2012
If the Tornado Volunteer Fire Department fails to meet just one requirement to qualify as a non-profit, the IRS will revoke their non-profit status. The Humphreys After School Program, right across the street, lost their non-profit status. If the department already doesn't meet all the qualifications and they're trying to prevent this from being discovered, when it is discovered, the county will be forced to take over the department. If they're refusing to release their financial records to the county because there's been wrongdoing, the county will be forced to take over the department and people could go to jail.

The department's officers should try to negotiate a written agreement with the county to build a new fire and rescue station and to remodel the existing station for use as classrooms at Andrews Heights. If they can get the county to make these improvements, that's the only way they'll ever be made. Then, we get first-class emergency services forever and better classrooms for our kids. And, nobody gets embarrassed for being inept or worse, goes to jail.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Justice

Charleston, WV

#29 Oct 24, 2012

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Dave

Princeton, WV

#30 Oct 30, 2012
Justice wrote:
I mailed a complaint and everybody should. Why let a few tinhorns compromise our safety by running their little fiefdom?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
yo

Ardsley, NY

#31 Oct 31, 2012
They turned in their financial information a week or two ago? What about Lakewood? They are still behind on getting theirs in.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Correction

Charleston, WV

#32 Oct 31, 2012
yo wrote:
They turned in their financial information a week or two ago? What about Lakewood? They are still behind on getting theirs in.
They only turned in PART of their records. Why are the leaders of the Tornado Volunteer Fire Department hiding from the Kanawha County Commission?

"Petry said county officials have made repeated attempts to contact the Tornado fire chief, to no avail.'We've done everything but set the pagers off and put in a fire call to see if he shows up,' Petry said.

"Commissioners agreed to cut funding for Tornado.

"'Tear up their check,' Carper said.'They'll have to reapply.'"

From http://wvgazette.com/News/201210160170

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
FedUp

Charleston, WV

#33 Oct 31, 2012
Is the guy who's "coordinating things" here on a petty power trip, or what?

wvbizfinder.com/tearsheets/pdf/067402101-3986...

Why do Tornadoians put up with this?

The Kanawha County Commission wants to build a new emergency services station for you, equip it with new vehicles and equipment and give your firefighters world-class training. WHY WON'T YOU LET THEM?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
thank you
#34 Nov 11, 2012
I personaly would like to thank you Tornado Vol. Fire Dep.!! My childhood home (2houses down from west side vol. fire dep.) caught fire last year due to wireing. My 2cats and my mamaws dog were inside. You beat west side there and you saved our animals and prevented the entire home from burning to the ground. Thank you for risking your lives for our precious pets and to save our home wich is almost done being fixed. I was raised there by my great grandmaw who is 88 years old now! i have nothing good to say for west side but I thank you guys! Im glad that idiot n the explorer hit the hill instead of one of u! for all of u morons fussing at the fire dep, you may wanna hush cuz if yur homes ever n flames youll be needing their help!!!!!!!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
1 post removed
Iwuzthere

Oakvale, WV

#36 Dec 24, 2012
thank you wrote:
I personaly would like to thank you Tornado Vol. Fire Dep.!! My childhood home (2houses down from west side vol. fire dep.) caught fire last year due to wireing. My 2cats and my mamaws dog were inside. You beat west side there and you saved our animals and prevented the entire home from burning to the ground. Thank you for risking your lives for our precious pets and to save our home wich is almost done being fixed. I was raised there by my great grandmaw who is 88 years old now! i have nothing good to say for west side but I thank you guys! Im glad that idiot n the explorer hit the hill instead of one of u! for all of u morons fussing at the fire dep, you may wanna hush cuz if yur homes ever n flames youll be needing their help!!!!!!!
Where did you learn to write, the school in Tornado?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Iwuzthere

Ansted, WV

#37 Jan 23, 2013
FedUp wrote:
Is the guy who's "coordinating things" here on a petty power trip, or what?
wvbizfinder.com/tearsheets/pdf/067402101-3986...
Why do Tornadoians put up with this?
The Kanawha County Commission wants to build a new emergency services station for you, equip it with new vehicles and equipment and give your firefighters world-class training. WHY WON'T YOU LET THEM?
What's that buffoon so puffed up about? Being a member of Laughingstock Volunteer Fire Department?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Been There!

Charleston, WV

#38 Sep 18, 2015
Iwuzthere wrote:
<quoted text>The ONLY substantial grant EITHER fire department has EVER received was Lakewood Volunteer Fire Department's $228,000.00 for Vehicle Acquisition five years ago, on 08/03/2007. The other grants were just for piddling amounts. Tornado has NEVER received either a Vehicle Acquisition or a Modify Facilities grant! That's decidedly NOT a very good track record for either department! Planner may not have done his homework, but his premise is still correct. "In the know," you should call yourself "Stretching the truth."
Now, having been a member of this department in the past, and having assisted in the writing of several grant requests there, I can tell you that they have indeed been awarded significant grants in the past, and even had to turn some down because they did not have the money to pay their portion. These grants require a matching contribution. While the chief and his cronies were too busy living high on the hog at fire schools and using the department equipment for personal use, they were being denied grants. Maybe the grant committees can see through the he smoke and mirror bullshit that the said fire department likes to portray.
MynameisAndrewwh atsurs

Huntington, WV

#39 May 3, 2016
All of you all talking wreckless on here were nobody knows u but you wont say it to there face because your to chicken sh*t these people volunteer to risk there life's for others why don't you go join and learn the real reason why vfds struggle so much but you all probably are to chicken sh*t to handle it
MynameisAndrewwh atsurs

Huntington, WV

#40 May 3, 2016
FFO9 wrote:
Your just jealous ack because you cant be a REAL Fireman. So you became one of the inbread vols.
Your a idiot there is no difference between a paid firefighter and a volly besides the fact these people volunteer there time to risk there life save worthless waste of human flesh like you who should just be left to die instead of getting payed for it
Why don't you tell me your real name instead of hiding on here like a little b*tch

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Upper Falls Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 2 hr Go Blue Forever 1,484
alliance mc club (Apr '15) 6 hr Laughing 18
pam g griffith dunlap 8 hr Church member 9
Anthoney mccallister 21 hr smh 3
Jennifer Gallo Thu Honestly 7
stacha taylor (Jan '15) Thu Tom Clark 17
Choo choo inn (Aug '13) Thu poo poo 27

Upper Falls Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance