First Prev
of 2
Next Last
hydeandseke

Newark, NJ

#22 Jun 24, 2013
I'm leaving my residence in august. So I won' t pay the bill next month. Just this months. My way of getting back at them.
Aquarius

Upper Darby, PA

#24 Aug 14, 2014
If enough people are displeased with their service there is another that's in the surrounding area, the company is American Water. Perhaps if they receive enough calls, emails etc. they might consider servicing our area.

Check out this link: http://www.amwater.com/paaw/
Smoot

Washington, DC

#25 Aug 20, 2014
Aquarius wrote:
If enough people are displeased with their service there is another that's in the surrounding area, the company is American Water. Perhaps if they receive enough calls, emails etc. they might consider servicing our area.
Check out this link: http://www.amwater.com/paaw/
They'd check with the other water company, see you all are a bunch of deadbeats, and never let you sign up, you cheap piece of trash. What kind of scum can't pay a hundred dollar water bill? Upper Darby scum, that's what.
CorporateSquatte rs

Bryn Mawr, PA

#26 Aug 26, 2014
Aqua America and a lot of other for profit utilities make their money using and abusing rights of way/easements for FREE in many cases. Many utilities were given rights of way to use private property and public property for their plant because there used to be one provider/supplier which was highly regulated for the public's benefit and not the company's profit. They are supposed to pay rent. Many towns and cities forget or fail to collect rent because their mindset is that they are public utility when in fact they are a for profit company acting as an utility.

Some communities have had to sue for back rent for utility company plant on public property. In Florida one town owed 4.2 million dollars in rent for allowing utility poles on public property.
http://tbo.com/news/business/utility-poles-sp...

I hope Upper Darby and Haverford among others are actively collecting rent from the likes of Aqua America who just destroying roads during their "improvements". They must have taken years of life off suspensions, shocks, alignments, tires and car frames of private and public vehicles including police cars, ambulances, fire trucks and town vehicles.

I hope these town's lawyers are smart enough to collect rent and/or get a rent provision attached to any rights of way any utility wants. It's not 50 years ago with no competition where these municipalities owned and ran many of these utilities/services. PECO is doing the same thing in many areas placing new gas pipe and/or conduit.

Local and state governments need to collect from these utilities who are nothing but corporate squatters using public and private property for profit.
Sy mep

Norwood, PA

#27 Aug 31, 2014
CorporateSquatters wrote:
Aqua America and a lot of other for profit utilities make their money using and abusing rights of way/easements for FREE in many cases. Many utilities were given rights of way to use private property and public property for their plant because there used to be one provider/supplier which was highly regulated for the public's benefit and not the company's profit. They are supposed to pay rent. Many towns and cities forget or fail to collect rent because their mindset is that they are public utility when in fact they are a for profit company acting as an utility.
Some communities have had to sue for back rent for utility company plant on public property. In Florida one town owed 4.2 million dollars in rent for allowing utility poles on public property.
http://tbo.com/news/business/utility-poles-sp...
I hope Upper Darby and Haverford among others are actively collecting rent from the likes of Aqua America who just destroying roads during their "improvements". They must have taken years of life off suspensions, shocks, alignments, tires and car frames of private and public vehicles including police cars, ambulances, fire trucks and town vehicles.
I hope these town's lawyers are smart enough to collect rent and/or get a rent provision attached to any rights of way any utility wants. It's not 50 years ago with no competition where these municipalities owned and ran many of these utilities/services. PECO is doing the same thing in many areas placing new gas pipe and/or conduit.
Local and state governments need to collect from these utilities who are nothing but corporate squatters using public and private property for profit.
People from upper darby and haverford are dumb.
HisFavorite

Lansdowne, PA

#28 Sep 18, 2014
Aqua threaten to shut me off because I was short a penny!! Like wtf... They are crazy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Upper Darby Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Life In Drexel Hill? (Nov '06) Dec 21 EJB 16
John Marchetti Back In Jail! (Apr '11) Dec 14 John Marchetti 15
An Upper Darby must Bona Cucina Restaurant (Feb '14) Dec 9 chris toal 4
Call 1~855~205~0915 Best free Anti Virus Malwar... Nov '14 Neurotech 1
Call 1~855~205~0915 for Best Spyware, Adware or... Nov '14 Neurotech 1
Call 1~855~205~0915 How to Remove Malware, Adwa... Nov '14 Neurotech 1
Call 1~855~205~0915 for Trojan Computer virus r... Nov '14 Neurotech 1

Upper Darby News Video

Upper Darby Dating
Find my Match