Television's 'Chef Tell' dies at 63 -...

Television's 'Chef Tell' dies at 63 --

There are 9 comments on the The Morning Call story from Oct 29, 2007, titled Television's 'Chef Tell' dies at 63 -- In it, The Morning Call reports that:

Friedman Paul Erhardt, the German-born cook known as "Chef Tell" who was one of America's pioneering television chefs, has died.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Morning Call.

#1 Oct 29, 2007
I'm surprised they didn't include a photo of this man ??
a reader

#3 Oct 29, 2007
Went to his restaurant for a field trip in school years ago and he was a **** the whole time.

What was he ?

Thornton, PA

#4 Oct 29, 2007
Back in 96 a bunch of us went for a harley ride and stopped at his place for a few drinks. He came out with the biggest spread for us on the house. I thought that was very generous of him.

He was a nice man!

Thanks Chef Tel for that great time and for being so kind and generous to all of us bike riders!
Bossy Gillis

#6 Oct 29, 2007
My daughter and I would go to his Sunday brunch and it was such a treat for us, the food was fabulous.
Frumious Bandersnatch

Macungie, PA

#7 Oct 29, 2007
"And I see you!"

I grew up in the Philly suburbs watching him.

RIP Chef Tell
Bingo was his namo

Telford, PA

#8 Oct 29, 2007
Birdie, Birdie, Birdie...Swedish, Swedish, Swedish...R.I.P. Chefy

Philadelphia, PA

#9 Oct 29, 2007
He was quite a nice and very jolly person. I had the chance to work with him in the kitchen in the Manor House on River Rd.
The Greek

Allentown, PA

#10 Oct 31, 2007
I just wanted to send my condolence to chef tells family and friends.
He will be greatly missed.
I had grown to know him thru his many TV spots - and later in life I had a chance to work with him on TV. Thanks for listening and please give my condolence to his family.
The Greek

Bangor, PA

#11 Nov 2, 2007
Angie wrote:
I'm surprised they didn't include a photo of this man ??
YEAH ITS A SHAME HE WAS A NICE LOOKING MAN and one of the sweetest guys I ever met!
The Township will miss him!
He always cooked for teh Township Christmas Parties... he was an amazing Chef and a wonderfaul spirit
I hope Jim Hensons muppets do something for him...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Upper Black Eddy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
do you need an xmas loan (Oct '13) Oct '15 bernarlyn villamor 2
Straight men who want to talk dirty Oct '15 Edgeo1 1
News After fatal shooting, Bananas splits -- themorn... (Sep '07) Sep '15 Jackson 143
Upper Black Eddy Music Thread (Jul '14) Jul '15 Musikologist 3
News Banana's manager: Gang sign preceded Easton man... (Sep '07) Jul '15 LC will forever l... 41
News Federal judge recommends tossing Brandon Bloss'... (Dec '08) Jul '15 Anonymous 46
Anyone want to sext? (May '11) Jul '15 Stephywow 18
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Upper Black Eddy Mortgages