Prepaid cell phones help dial up lowe...

Prepaid cell phones help dial up lower costs

There are 3 comments on the Marin Independent Journal story from Feb 18, 2009, titled Prepaid cell phones help dial up lower costs. In it, Marin Independent Journal reports that:

Marty Focazio knew his cell phone calls were costing him a lot, but it was still a bit of a shock when he did the math and learned just how much it was per minute.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Marin Independent Journal.

Roland

South Africa

#1 Feb 25, 2009
I recently canned my contract as well, getting myself a NET10 prepaid. I have not looked back since. I spend as much time on the phone as before, but now I save typically $30 a month on my phone charges. Added to that, I can actually budget in advance what I want to spend on my phone and not get surprises at the end of the month. Then there is always the reassurance that I can walk away from a phone if things get really tight, without getting a bad credit record if I can't afford the early termination fees.

I'm sure if it wasn't for the exorbitant early termination fees the big carriers are charging, more people would follow suit. It's great to see the prepaid providers now pricing the contracts out of the market. I think they have it coming though. Their business model of catching people with shiny new phones and then tying them in with lengthy (and unfair) contracts is ultimately doomed. People are finally catching on.
Adrilin

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#2 Feb 27, 2009
Roland, I agree w/ you. Contract plans are over rated but not till now did people realize how much money is really wasted every month on these plans. Prepaid goes a long way. I have TracFone and for about $80 I can have service for about 4 months. I'm not a chatterbox on the cell, so prepaid is just right for me. The phone's quality is perfect. Great reception, good photos, texting. Actually this is all we need to stay connected. Everything else are things the contract providers tell us we must have, but that's not the case. I rather not pay for the high monthly bills than have the "shiny phones" you mention.
SandyD

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#3 Feb 28, 2009
Prepaid phones are a great idea! I am a college student who can't afford to pay costly cell phone bills and a land line. With a prepaid phone I can merge both my cell phone and landline and pay just one low bill! I can do everything I did with my contract phone, but pay for only the minutes I use. I would recommend getting a prepaid phone to anyone!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Upper Black Eddy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Upper Black Eddy Music Thread (Jul '14) Jul 28 Musikologist 6
News New Bishop Named to Roman Catholic Diocese of A... Jul '17 weaponX 3
News Police Blotter (Nov '08) Jun '17 Linda 2
News Insider's Guide: Aquariums within a day trip of... Jun '17 weaponX 1
News Federal judge recommends tossing Brandon Bloss'... (Dec '08) Jun '17 Beth 48
Partying May '17 Anonymous 1
News Second police officer steps down from Easton force (Mar '08) May '17 Jako 38

Upper Black Eddy Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Upper Black Eddy Mortgages