Nuisance or blessing? ''We talk about...

Nuisance or blessing? ''We talk about motorbiking. He'll say, '...

There are 7 comments on the The Morning Call story from Sep 19, 2007, titled Nuisance or blessing? ''We talk about motorbiking. He'll say, '.... In it, The Morning Call reports that:

The father and son had hit somewhat of a snag in their relationship. Their conversations became less about their interests and more about chores.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Morning Call.

Jerry Kresge

Allentown, PA

#1 Sep 19, 2007
I have ridden at this course from the first weeks it opened and continue to do so. I have witnessed the improvements in dust controll and the awarness of the owners to want to make changes for the controll of noise. This course is very much a family oriented course and simply thats why we go there. It is about the same distance in travel for my family to get to this course as it is to other courses. However here i can go with my family and ride at our own pace. We visit there on a weekend a we picnic and meet some other great families doing the same. The township seems to only tell the negatives to this course, they neglect to see the good it brings to the community. Family values, where children can spend time with their mothers and fathers. It gives a safe place for my son and daughter to learn how to ride. It allows bonding time so we can teach the good to our children. Take it away and you may find that in that time they would have been at the track the may be doing less than desirable acts in your community.
crf4010

Upper Black Eddy, PA

#2 Sep 19, 2007
Anyone can see that bruce is doing more good then he expected. family are comming together at his fun track. thank`s to bruce and his good heart a father and son can enjoy a day with out the cut throat,rat race that life brings day to day. come on people you were young once. is a little noise and dust all that bad. with all the fighting going on in the world, do we really have to fight each other.I think Tim Farr and his son should be building block for all of us.
nopaluvr

New York, NY

#3 Sep 20, 2007
The only question should be is whether he is running this operation legally. If not, it should be shut down. If so, let it be. This does not sound like a person I would want to be my neighbor though.
Matt and Carson

Nazareth, PA

#4 Sep 20, 2007
I rode their with my son and family this past weekend and enjoyed the atomosphere and spending time with my son. I understand the noise concern but they only allow people to ride 9-4, and they water the track frequently which minimizes the dust. Alot of people and families have dirt bikes and atv's and need a place to safely enjoy their sport. What is the difference between a son and father throwing ball or a son and father riding together? More areas like this are needed like Tower City, Rausch Creek, Paragon,...
jim

Bangor, PA

#5 Sep 20, 2007
Matt and Carson wrote:
I rode their with my son and family this past weekend and enjoyed the atomosphere and spending time with my son. I understand the noise concern but they only allow people to ride 9-4, and they water the track frequently which minimizes the dust. Alot of people and families have dirt bikes and atv's and need a place to safely enjoy their sport. What is the difference between a son and father throwing ball or a son and father riding together? More areas like this are needed like Tower City, Rausch Creek, Paragon,...
You wouldn't need a place to ride if you didn't buy the ATV in the first place. I live in a rural area, hence I won't be buying any subway tokens.
KeepItRunnin

Emmaus, PA

#6 Sep 20, 2007
jim wrote:
<quoted text>
You wouldn't need a place to ride if you didn't buy the ATV in the first place. I live in a rural area, hence I won't be buying any subway tokens.
So we'll just ban you from the subway if you ever make your way into the city. Thats the idea right? Ya'll opposed to it need to lighten up. I happen to live across the street from a house that has a sewage leak, every once in a while, that the dogs can easily get into and track all over the place. Get back to me when you have a real problem. Until then have fun destroying the hopes of a father and son (who i might add have been working to help the issue) and everyone else who love to ride. And I hope this track does stay because then the whining neighbors will have gotten what they deserve- a free WEEKEND WARRIORS advertisement sent to everyone in the area in the form a newspaper article. If its too loud your to old so to fix the problem just crank your hearing aid down!
matt and carson

Nazareth, PA

#7 Sep 21, 2007
jim wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya, it's ashame I choose to do something constructive and active with my family. It would be nice to see more families not just riding together but anything outside (camping, fishing, baseball,...) instead of making excuses or giving them a video game.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Upper Black Eddy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Anyone want to sext? (May '11) Jul 1 hannengland 25
News Woman who had sex with boy, 16, is given work-r... (Jun '07) Jun '16 Known her forever 21
News Sen. Casey calls for passage of water legislation Apr '16 silly rabbit 1
News D&L Trail Tenders (Apr '12) Mar '16 double aught buck... 2
ottsville firehouse stop and shop april 17th 11... Mar '16 mama2nash 1
Upper Black Eddy Music Thread (Jul '14) Mar '16 Musikologist 4
help Feb '16 slapmonkey 1

Upper Black Eddy Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Upper Black Eddy Mortgages