It's all in the family at Quakertown's homey Karlton Cafe

Starting your morning at the Karlton Cafe in Quakertown is kind of like having mom cook you breakfast. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
mmm

Fairport, NY

#1 Nov 2, 2007
They have wonderful food, and very reasonable prices. Now I'm all hungry. Shoot.
sluggishbowel

AOL

#2 Nov 2, 2007
It was better when Wilsey had it. Check out the new place opening soon at Juniper and Front St.

Looks promising.
LSM

Perkasie, PA

#4 Nov 5, 2007
I (and all of my friends) LOVED it when Wilsey owned it, it's lost its specialness and I won't go there anymore.
Foodie

Annapolis, MD

#5 Jan 1, 2008
I strongly disagree. The quality is MUCH higher now than it was when Wilsey had it. It's so much better now, I have to wonder if the people who wrote that are friends or relatives of his. I mean, really.
Tommy

Philadelphia, PA

#6 Jan 4, 2008
Great food, like it there.
Amy

Schnecksville, PA

#7 Feb 11, 2008
Has anyone been to Karlton Cafe for breakfast on a weekday?
I am hoping to meet a friend in Quakertown this week which is a middle meeting point for us.
My Hometown

Bally, PA

#8 Feb 12, 2008
You have great options for an upscale weekday breakfast in town. The Karlton and the Front Street Bistro and Cafe. Parking will be available for both and the food is fresh and top notch at both. If you want to step back in time and pay less, Sine's 5&10 is open for breakfast and shopping for things you won't find elsewhere or to take you back in time.

The most elegant atmosphere will be either the Cafe or head downstairs in the back of the Karlton.
The Karlton will allow you to walk around and shop if you are inclined to do so. Two book stores, a jewelry store and a clothing and art boutiques are all within a block of the Karlton.

If you want to make it lunch, La Tacos Mexicana has a wide selection of authentic fresh made faire and just added pizza to the menu for those who are not a fan of Mexican food. The owner operator was with the very successful Lubertos Italian restaurant in Dublin before he opened his own shop so his pizza is wonderful too.

Both La Tacos Mexicana and The Front Street Cafe have full page menus in the new Yellow Books that were just delivered.

Enjoy!
finisfirstmx

Bristol, TN

#9 Apr 15, 2008
sluggishbowel wrote:
It was better when Wilsey had it. Check out the new place opening soon at Juniper and Front St.
Looks promising.
the quality of food and experience cannot be beat by the wilsey's past ownership. much better now. the place on front street is new that's about the only thing that is better there. have you tasted their food?
finisfirstmx

Bristol, TN

#10 Apr 15, 2008
The personal attention you get at the Karlton Cafe is unsurpassed.Very warm atmosphere with a fireplace, local sucessful artist Jim Lukens' work on display for sale, candle lit tables, and incredibly delicious food make this the place to eat. Either outside, in the booths upstairs or in the downstairs dining room, the breakfast are infamous, lunches are quick and good, and dinner is like no other restaurant in the area!
Bucks County Resident

Somerville, NJ

#11 Apr 15, 2008
Amy wrote:
Has anyone been to Karlton Cafe for breakfast on a weekday?
I am hoping to meet a friend in Quakertown this week which is a middle meeting point for us.
No, I have a job.
Bucks County Resident

Somerville, NJ

#12 Apr 15, 2008
The Karlton cafe took a major dive when they stopped serving dinner. This must have been when the previous owner left. This place is a shell of what it used to be, I really dont venture there anymore. As for a good breakfast, John's P & F is the place to go.
Hometown Review

Somerville, NJ

#13 Apr 15, 2008
I think its pretty obvious that the person on her giving props to the Karlton Cafe has a vested interest. Possibly the owner?
Have had both

Reading, PA

#14 Apr 15, 2008
I enjoy the food at both establishments- have had good and bad meals at both. The atmosphere at The Bistro is much more clean and elegant. Of course this is easy because it is so new and more trendy since it was just decorated. I appreciated the local art prominantly displayed in The Karlton, but with art, it is tough to have a style that everyone will agree is elegant or even pleasing to the eye.

Several people have commented to me about the tables in front of The Karlton needing sprucing up. Some are upset about the plastic instead of linen table clothes and that ash trays need emptying and it is obvious this has not been done even when you are driving by. I too have seen employees smoking in front of The Karlton. All of these things are minor and easy to fix, I hope the owners read this blog and do so for all our sakes!
Have had both

Reading, PA

#15 Apr 15, 2008
I too love sitting by the fire places at both the Karlton and the Bistro.

I find that some of the wait staff at the Karlton have been there since Dave owned it. The youth at the Bistro are personable and efficient as well. I think the Bistro is working on striking a balance between people not being rushed and serving a meal quickly if this is what people want. I have made my needs known and they have been met consistently by Bistro staff.

I have not been to the Karlton for dinner since Dave owned it. I'll have to get back there!
Bucks County Resident

Somerville, NJ

#16 Apr 15, 2008
I have had good and bad experiences at the Karlton Cafe. Once I waited so long for my salad/soup, that I got up and left. It was at least 30-45 minutes. Sorry, there is too much competition in the area to be treated like that. And seeing employees smoking out front is bad for business. Tells me the management has no rules or control over their employees when it comes to smoking. Note: Its 2008, hide your smokers.
Crenshaw

New York, NY

#17 Aug 25, 2009
Has anyone had the Karlton Sunday brunch lately?

Can you recommend it?
Jersey Duke

AOL

#18 Aug 25, 2009
Real men eat breakfast at the Powderborne Gun Club. Anywhere else is for wimps!
Quinn

Somerset, NJ

#19 Aug 25, 2009
Real men support National Healthcare.
Crenshaw

New York, NY

#20 Aug 25, 2009
Powderborne is one of my regular places. However, sometimes we need a place to take the womenfolk when they "want to go somewhere nicer"!
Jersey Duke wrote:
Nadia

Philadelphia, PA

#21 Aug 25, 2009
Jersey Duke wrote:
Tried it. It was OK. The worst thing was they allowed people to smoke,even provided ashtrays.Eventhough there is a law and there was a little baby close by.Never again.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Upper Black Eddy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New low-income rental homes eyed for Easton's S... Dec 20 dare I say it 2
Skunks, rats land South Side properties on East... Dec 20 dare I say it 1
one less scumbag Dec 13 Juan 5
Easton victim of service dog caper charged with... Dec 11 lolo 2
District 11 pinner award named in memory of Chr... (Feb '08) Dec 7 W-Mora 12
Review: Makeda Fabulous Hair Boutique (Mar '10) Nov 30 Kay 2
Anyone want to sext? (May '11) Nov 28 pbjsexman 17

Upper Black Eddy News Video

More from around the web

Upper Black Eddy People Search