Dog Attacks Postal Worker in Florissant

Apr 2, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Patch.com

A postal carrier has been hospitalized and may need surgery after being attacked by a dog in Florissant this past weekend, according to a Fox 2 News report.

Comments
1 - 20 of 30 Comments Last updated Apr 16, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
angelia

Vienna, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

Michael vick got, locked for 2 or 4 years for having dogs fighting each other oh really, I don't feel sorry for the dogs animals, they can not get a credit check,, are a pay check, my baby trying to make a living
Marcus Welby

Ballwin, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

angelia wrote:
Michael vick got, locked for 2 or 4 years for having dogs fighting each other oh really, I don't feel sorry for the dogs animals, they can not get a credit check,, are a pay check, my baby trying to make a living
I'm curious--are you a graduate of Hazelwood High School?
Pale Dago

Saint Charles, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

angelia wrote:
What da hell??????????
WTF

Florissant, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

time to lay off the drugs dood
hardhead

Florissant, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

pass that joint this way.
TTT

Florissant, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

angelia wrote:
I have no clue as to what you are trying to say and I wonder if you even know.
Yeah, it is unfortunate that someone gets bitten but I think postal workers know that could happen at any time. The owner or whoever was keeping the dog should have been more careful. It's not the dog's fault and I for one don't believe it should be euthanized. The irresponsible pet owner/watcher is the one that should be punished and I have no doubt he/they will get sued.
Like I said I don't understand your post at all, but even so..what the heck does "dogs animals" mean? I guess you mean owners...right?
White Boy In The Hood

Ballwin, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

I think what she is trying to say is that since her lazy ass can't or won't find a job she finds it ok to fight dogs for a paycheck. Maybe she should be a bait dog and see how she likes making a living that way.
Just the

Florissant, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

angelia wrote:
Illinois troll!

Please don't feed the animals aka Trolls
daniel carver

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

something tells me this postal worker is looking for a disabilty case, probably one of those people you see on the motorized cart in the wal-mart.
hardhead

Florissant, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

i've seen some mail people do some stupid shit.my brother had a pitbull and told the mailman no to cut though the yard and he did anyway and got bit, what did he expect? we have had problems with them cutting corners and stomping on our plants and flowers. they also like to drag that bag down the side of your new car. at our other home the mailbox was at the street which makes alot more sense.
TTT

Florissant, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

daniel carver wrote:
something tells me this postal worker is looking for a disabilty case, probably one of those people you see on the motorized cart in the wal-mart.
She probably will get some sort of settlement, but I don't think it is a scam. She was badly injured and hospitalized and the doctors said on the news she might need reconstructive surgery because of damage to nerves and muscles in her arms.

The guy who was keeping the dog for the owner admitted the dog had bitten other people. The dog charged through the front storm door when she walked onto the porch and the guy tried to grab him and missed. Those are facts from the guy who had the dog not the postal carrier. So she has a legitimate complaint. You are supposed to have control of your animal even when it is on your property under such circumstances.

I sure as heck would sue if it happened to me or one of my kids. And before you all start in, no I am not black.
hardhead

Florissant, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

TTT wrote:
<quoted text>
She probably will get some sort of settlement, but I don't think it is a scam. She was badly injured and hospitalized and the doctors said on the news she might need reconstructive surgery because of damage to nerves and muscles in her arms.
The guy who was keeping the dog for the owner admitted the dog had bitten other people. The dog charged through the front storm door when she walked onto the porch and the guy tried to grab him and missed. Those are facts from the guy who had the dog not the postal carrier. So she has a legitimate complaint. You are supposed to have control of your animal even when it is on your property under such circumstances.
I sure as heck would sue if it happened to me or one of my kids. And before you all start in, no I am not black.
yes i agree, you should have control of any animal you own. but in my brothers case the dog was in his fenced in backyard and the mailman was told not to cut though the yard,well the dumbass chose not to listen and got bit. part of the problem with the post office is you have a bunch of stupid blacks working there. my friend was finding his mail in his yard, we were off work one day and were sitting in his living room with the door open and the black mail lady walks by and didn't see us and just though the mail on the front porch, to lazy to walk up the two steps and put it in the mail box. i know from talking to others these are not the only problems. i know one thing i am tired of them stomping on our stuff and running the mail bag down my cars. i'll tell you right now i never had these problems when i had a white mailman. the blacks don't care about anything, not your property or theirs.
hardhead

Florissant, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

oh by the way the mailman that my brothers dog bit was black,stupid man for not listening.
hardhead

Florissant, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

no but she dated black dogs before
And of course you

Florissant, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

hardhead wrote:
<quoted text> yes i agree, you should have control of any animal you own. but in my brothers case the dog was in his fenced in backyard and the mailman was told not to cut though the yard,well the dumbass chose not to listen and got bit. part of the problem with the post office is you have a bunch of stupid blacks working there. my friend was finding his mail in his yard, we were off work one day and were sitting in his living room with the door open and the black mail lady walks by and didn't see us and just though the mail on the front porch, to lazy to walk up the two steps and put it in the mail box. i know from talking to others these are not the only problems. i know one thing i am tired of them stomping on our stuff and running the mail bag down my cars. i'll tell you right now i never had these problems when i had a white mailman. the blacks don't care about anything, not your property or theirs.
got the mail carrier(s) name(s) and made a formal complaint as did your brother. You took pictures of the damage and documented everything...right?

So the mail carrier opened a gate and went through the backyard? Why? How did she get out of the yard? Climbed over the back fence? She would have no reason to do that if there are fences between properties. So what did your brother do? Did he go out and confront her? Did he report her to the police as a trespasser?
Nope, don't believe it happened that way because it doesn't make any sense. If someone, mail carrier or whomever damaged my property I wouldn't be on a forum complaining, I would take the legal action needed to take care of the problem, just as the majority of people would.

Having been an Ameren meter reader for may years I can tell you this for a fact. People who are employed by untilities such as Ameren, Laclede and yes the USPS have legal access to the homeowner's property to do their "job". I always was careful about checking for dogs before entering a yard, but the law clearly states and so does Ameren's service policy, that it is the homeowner's responsibility for their animals. That means even in the backyard, the owner must be on record with utility companies that there is a dog in the yard or other possible dangers. Or he must have a sign posted in two areas visible from the street that a dog is in the yard.

I have never been bitten but if I had been I would be well within my rights to sue the homeowner even when the animal was enclosed in his backyard. That's the law, like it or not.
TTT

Florissant, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Reverend Vegas wrote:
You could get hurt breaking into someones house and sue because the flat screen fell on your head. Our legal system is screwy.
True enough. But the Ameren guy or whoever he is, is right. All untility people can come on to the property without permission and if they haven't been forewarned about a dog or something that can cause harm they can sue the homeowner. Of course they are supposed to use common sense and caution but I can see it happening to someone. Especially if there wasn't a dog in the yard before. With the USPS people I don't think they can go anywhere except where the mailbox is located, although my neighbor's mailbox was knocked down by vandals and the carrier did put their mail inside their storm door on the side of the house. I thought that was a considerate thing to do. It could have gone back to the post office and they would have had to pick it up there.

And I am not calling anyone a liar or trying to start something, but I can't see why any mail deliver would go in a backyard. To throw mail down, why? That doesn't make sense unless they had a personal vendetta. If anyone damaged my property I would take action as much and as many times as it took to get the trouble solved.
Figured it out

Florissant, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

And of course you wrote:
<quoted text>
got the mail carrier(s) name(s) and made a formal complaint as did your brother. You took pictures of the damage and documented everything...right?
So the mail carrier opened a gate and went through the backyard? Why? How did she get out of the yard? Climbed over the back fence? She would have no reason to do that if there are fences between properties. So what did your brother do? Did he go out and confront her? Did he report her to the police as a trespasser?
Nope, don't believe it happened that way because it doesn't make any sense. If someone, mail carrier or whomever damaged my property I wouldn't be on a forum complaining, I would take the legal action needed to take care of the problem, just as the majority of people would.
Having been an Ameren meter reader for may years I can tell you this for a fact. People who are employed by untilities such as Ameren, Laclede and yes the USPS have legal access to the homeowner's property to do their "job". I always was careful about checking for dogs before entering a yard, but the law clearly states and so does Ameren's service policy, that it is the homeowner's responsibility for their animals. That means even in the backyard, the owner must be on record with utility companies that there is a dog in the yard or other possible dangers. Or he must have a sign posted in two areas visible from the street that a dog is in the yard.
I have never been bitten but if I had been I would be well within my rights to sue the homeowner even when the animal was enclosed in his backyard. That's the law, like it or not.
Your mistake is you are being logical. "Hardhead" blames everything on black people (all black people). Doesn't matter if it happened or not, any negative thing he can come up with whether it makes sense or not he'll have a black person included.

What you need to do is recall his other comments. For example, he is constantly yapping about how lazy black people are. Now he comes up with this story of a black mail carrier going into a backyard with a fence and getting bitten by the dog. Apparently the woman throws the mail all over the place. Now ask yourself, why would someone who being black is also lazy take so much effort to do something like that? Then you need to think about his claim of how ignorant and uneducated black people are and figure out why that doesn't apply to him. 99% of his posts are grammatically incorrect with multiple misspellings and yet he considers black people ignorant. I could cite dozens of more examples but the point is he hates blacks and if he can't find a news report to bitch about them he'll invent something.

Doesn't bother me really, because what goes around comes around. You live your life filled with hate and eventually that hate will come back to you in some terrible manner; like a sickness or worse to you or a family member. You indeed "reap what you sow" sooner or later.
Figured it out

Florissant, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

Reverend Vegas wrote:
I certainly think it's with in his rights to avoid black people if he chooses to do so. The overwhelming amount of crime committed by blacks in NoCo is not to be overlooked. We can't accurately say that he lives his life in a hateful way and deserves a disease or whatever you were getting at. He simply doesn't like blacks. Why is that such a problem for some to digest?
No one said anything about "Hardhead" deserving a disease or bad luck or whatever. What I said was fate/life has a way of dealing out payback whether you want it or not.

How can you say he doesn't live his life hatefully when he (and maybe you) advocate shooting people, running them out of their homes, and all kinds of other hateful and violent acts?

Yeah, I know the old "we're only talking about the thugs" qualifier. That's simply not true, as can be seen by the numerous postings that make generalized statements about an entire race of people. If you state, my neighbor cause problems not taking care of his property, or whatever and he happens to be black, that's totally different then stating all blacks are, lazy, criminals, ignorant, etc. It's no different then some black people playing the "race card" and using slavery or prejudice as an excuse for their own irresponsible behavior.

Like I stated...hate breeds hate. Pure and simple, no getting around it. Fine, he doesn't like blacks, probably plenty of decent black people would feel the same about him. That does not mean that he or you or they should advocate violence against each other. Fine if you cite crimes that are documented that's something we should all be made aware of. But, when you start spewing BS, and no way could a lot of his and other posters claims be true that is wrong. It doesn't matter who says it, black, white or____ if you concoct such tales you are just trying to spread more hate and cause more problems.
Figure it out

Florissant, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Reverend Vegas wrote:
<quoted text> Just because he's thinking it doesn't mean he's doing it. I only justify deadly force when having to protect my family or myself. Blacks are actively attacking whites all the time with this "knock out game". Do you see whites actively attacking blacks? We HAVE to be on the defensive because they have advantages that we don't. They can pull the race card and call "hate crime". You don't think they hate white people? Tell me what you see about every reported case of the knockout game. Then tell me if you see one mention of a hate crime.
Perhaps you didn't understand what was meant by "advocating violence" Hardhead and several others have often made statements concerning shooting blacks, not black criminals but blacks in general. Getting the KKK involved. Getting rid of subsidized housing assuming only blacks live in such places. The fact is many people in subsidized housing are senior citizens and/or disabled of all races.

The point is which you and "HH" and many others ignore is that individuals commit criminal acts. Not all blacks, not all whites, not all teens or males or whatever demographic you want to cite. Individuals choose to behave badly. And I am willing to bet that "HH" has never been victimized personally by a black person. Maybe he has had problems with neighbors who are black but that, once again is the act/behavior of a person(s) not an entire race.

I know I am wasting my time debating this. Close minded, hostile people black and white always resort to generalizations because it makes them sound as if they are always in the right. Blaming matters on whomever is in office white or black, conservative or liberal. Some whites blaming all the problems on blacks. Some blacks blaming all their problems on white prejudice. There is no difference in the character of the people who do that, no matter what race they belong to.
hardhead

Florissant, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

And of course you wrote:
<quoted text>
read my post again, i didn't say she opened a gate and walked into the yard she cut across his property and got to close to the fence. hell i don't know the stupid mf might have been trying to pet the dog. the black mail lady that was throwing the mail on the porch happened down in ferglock. try reading the post before you start shooting your mouth off. i tell you this much if i catch anyone on my property without knocking on the door that's a good way to get yourself bit or shot. don't matter what the law says. it's different if it's an deal like last night with wires and trees down everywhere because of the storms. as far as my spelling and grammar, i don't proof read anything and really don't give a shit.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Uplands Park Discussions

Search the Uplands Park Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Pitbulls 44 min hardhead 5
MO Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 1 hr Obama Bitches 95,400
Message to the Mayor and the Council (Jul '11) 1 hr Cobra 153
Jamestown "Mall" (Jul '08) 3 hr Gratefull 136
MO August 3 Missouri Primary Election: Did you vote? (Aug '10) 7 hr chico 10,206
Trotterway 8 hr Shondra J 21
MO Who do you support for Auditor in Missouri in 2... (Oct '10) 9 hr Canopy 267
•••
•••
•••
•••

Uplands Park Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Uplands Park People Search