Homemade bomb blast kills teen

Homemade bomb blast kills teen

There are 121 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Dec 12, 2007, titled Homemade bomb blast kills teen. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

A Marion teenager Sunday after a homemade bomb blew up in his face. Russell E. Cox, 19, Marion, who attended Muncie Central High School, died late Sunday at Parkview Hospital, Fort Wayne, from sharp force ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
New Palasteen Farmboy

Schiller Park, IL

#6 Dec 12, 2007
So the people that were there with him when he blew himself up aren't in any way responsible for his death ?? Sounds like a very lazy prosecutor to me........
judgemental

New York, NY

#7 Dec 12, 2007
He was a teenager, I am sure you all did dumb things growing up. My heart goes out to his family and friends.
Kevin

Arcadia, IN

#8 Dec 12, 2007
Ever heard the saying, dont play with fire.
He would have probally been the next Columbine!
FC fan

Green Bay, WI

#11 Dec 12, 2007
My prayers are with his family and those who witnessed it.
Meee

Batavia, OH

#13 Dec 12, 2007
New Palasteen Farmboy wrote:
So the people that were there with him when he blew himself up aren't in any way responsible for his death ?? Sounds like a very lazy prosecutor to me........
So what would you charge them with? They didn't force this man to do this. YES they were there to watch. Yes it was stupid on their part, but as we see time and time again stupid is not against the law.(But maybe it should be)
That Guy

Chicago, IL

#14 Dec 12, 2007
Liberal Tammy wrote:
Wow, what a bunch of cold blooded trash posting on here. Teens do stupid things. But to make fun of this kids death just shows how cold blooded and uncaring our nation has become. Come on trash, show some respect, a person died here and a family is in horrible pain.
Like the respect you have shown people on the eastside? Do you only want that respect for people who might have the same skin pigmentation as yourself?
janetM

Union, KY

#15 Dec 12, 2007
Liberal Tammy wrote:
Wow, what a bunch of cold blooded trash posting on here. Teens do stupid things. But to make fun of this kids death just shows how cold blooded and uncaring our nation has become. Come on trash, show some respect, a person died here and a family is in horrible pain.
What the hell was he doing making a bomb, the ingredients which included propane? Was he experimenting with a bomb so he could try it out on some unsuspecting group of students or other people? When it didn't go off, why didn't he call the Police and have them come out with a bomb disposal unit? What happened to him may have prevented some type of terrorist attack. Feel sorry for him? I don't think so!!
fro

Circleville, OH

#17 Dec 12, 2007
Let this be a lesson to use extreme caution when checking on bombs that should already have exploded!
Not PC in Indy

Indianapolis, IN

#18 Dec 12, 2007
Not the first time such an incident has occured. reminds me of the incident in 1974 when two kids were killed and one severely injured at 46th and Millersville Rd. Started with rocket engines then progressed up to a large device. When it failed to detonate they went back to check on it. It exploded as they were looking down on the device. Pre-Columbine, just curious freshman from Cathedral.
dclark

Monon, IN

#19 Dec 12, 2007
WHERE THE HELL WAS HIS MOTHER!!!!
Northsider

United States

#21 Dec 12, 2007
Liberal Tammy wrote:
Horrible example you are, when you address people as "Trash." I would say you're just encouraging the very bahvior you're railing against.
Medea

Indianapolis, IN

#23 Dec 12, 2007
Gee, maybe that's why you shouldn't make BOMBS. Get a hobby, get a life.
Medea

Indianapolis, IN

#25 Dec 12, 2007
Liberal Tammy wrote:
There's a BIG difference between a teen doing something stupid, and a 19 year old MAN making a bomb.
Union worker

Fishers, IN

#26 Dec 12, 2007
dclark wrote:
WHERE THE HELL WAS HIS MOTHER!!!!
I KNOW YOU JUST FORGOT TO ADD "FATHER" TO THAT STATEMENT TOO!!!
One more round

Indianapolis, IN

#27 Dec 12, 2007
Just "chlorinating" the gene pool!!!
Ugly Truth

Indianapolis, IN

#28 Dec 12, 2007
Hopefully this shows up on You-Tube.
Don

Louisville, KY

#29 Dec 12, 2007
Glad the gene pool is cleaning it's own filter.
WEB

Marysville, OH

#30 Dec 12, 2007
What a bunch of judgemental cretins! One person tries to urge you into acting like caring, responsible individuals and a poster writes back accusing her of racism. Another poster thinks Cox must be a terrorist. What a bunch of low life idiots!
ooops

Elmhurst, IL

#31 Dec 12, 2007
Hey y'all, watch this!!!
Phred

Burbank, CA

#32 Dec 12, 2007
judgemental wrote:
He was a teenager, I am sure you all did dumb things growing up. My heart goes out to his family and friends.
He may have been a teenager, but 19 is considered an adult in the eyes of the law. Certainly, if he'd survived, he would have been prosecuted as an adult.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Upland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Magna Powertrain (May '08) Fri Catsoup 2,548
Michael Riley? Jun 18 Truchainz 5
Lindsey Bise May '16 Sallie Mae Rep 1
Mindy Castor May '16 MikeyReed 1
jays"heart"mom California tags Apr '16 Raydot 2
Hiring a full time and part time cosmetologist! Apr '16 Famous Hair 1
HomemADE JERKEY (Dec '15) Dec '15 Rosie56 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Upland Mortgages