Western Christian Schools' Upland campus getting updated

Full story: Inland Valley Daily Bulletin

The Upland Christian Schools property will be undergoing some transformations before the school reopens in the fall as Western Christian Schools' Upland campus.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 18 of18
We know

Huntington Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2009

blah, blah, blah, blah, blah.
Escrow has been expected to close any day for months now. I don't believe a word these people say about anything. They stretch the truth, and I'm being kind.
Jimmy

Ontario, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2009

We know wrote:
blah, blah, blah, blah, blah.
Escrow has been expected to close any day for months now. I don't believe a word these people say about anything. They stretch the truth, and I'm being kind.
What is the name of the new school in R. C> where UCS has relocated to?
New School

Pomona, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2009

The name of the new school is Upland Christian Academy located on the campus of Abundant Living Family Church in Rancho Cucamonga. The website is UplandChristianAcademy.org .
Former PA resident

Pleasanton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2009

I agree all that construction and nothing started yet? Uhhh school starts in Sept. If you are that sure you are getting the fund any second now then why are you not doing any stuff to the place?
Truth teller

Huntington Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2009

Please change your web site and quit publishing lies that Upland Christian merged or joined with you. Upland Christian is in Rancho Cucamonga, and the administration, staff, and hundreds of families cared very much to make sure that it withstood the attempt by the Nazarene District to sell it, and the attempt to be taken over by Western.

Over and over, while you tried to buy what was already occupied by willing buyers, you have called this a merger while saying you wished us well. Still there are statements that depend on technicalities, and don't reflect truth on your site.

If you truly wish us well, and truly respect God's decision to save and prosper us, just tell the truth - that we moved. Who knows, maybe if you do the right thing, escrow will finally close.
PARENT 2004

Laguna Hills, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2009

Sure like they are going to put Hostile Take Over on the page. There is a saying the Truth is What You Believe. Trust me this is what they believe and it is there reality not that of the UCS.
Only thing you can do is ignore it or get a sign near there and dispute it. There is no truth in advertising.
Knows the Truth

Ontario, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2009

We know wrote:
Escrow has been expected to close any day for months now.
I took notice to that phrase as well.
Three Cents

Fullerton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2009

My child had the WORST educational experience at the Western HS Campus in Covina.(I don't know anything about Upland Christian but what I read in the papers). Western Christian was not the "Christian" environment I thought it would be but that is another post. Our complaints centered on what was being taught academically. It started with the 9th grade English thesis that had to be "ten paragraphs. The first nine paragraphs had to have nine sentences each. The tenth (last) paragraph had to have ten sentences". The Sophomore term paper had to have, "ten paragraphs. The first ten paragraphs had to have ten sentences each. The eleventh and last paragraph had to have eleven sentences." Guess how many paragraphs and sentences for Junior and Senior English papers? That's not how you teach writing! I can't think of a college professor who would read such a paper! And then there was the geometry teacher who didn't know geometry let alone how to teach it. He gave semi-final to all the geometry kids and they all failed. Hey, but he gave them "A's" on their trimester report card! That's when he got fired - ten weeks into the school year. So, that November all the geometry students had to start geometry all over again with a "substitute" teacher who didn't teach on Fridays! Result, final geometry grade for the year "D"! After two years and $15,000+ in tuition and fees, plus an additional $500 to make up the geometry class at a different private school during summer (where my child got an "A"), we left and went "public" for the first time, to complete the last two years of High School.
Western Christian was a TOTAL waste of money. My recommendation, DON'T ENROLL YOUR CHILD AT WESTERN.
Parent 2004

Laguna Hills, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2009

I can tell you that my child had mostly wonderful teachers from K-12. Sure there were 1 or 2 along the way that he or I did not love. But when there was a dud they did not last long. My child learned much more than he lost with the few duds. He did well on the Sat 9's- well above grade level plus did well on SAT to get into college. He got an academic scholarship to college. Upland Christian all in all did a fine job. We got our money's worth for sure.
All the teachers were credentialed. This is why I say to those reading go to Upland Academy. The same fine educators will be waiting for you.
to be fair

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2009

I don't know much about WCHS, but I do know that the Claremont campus gave my child an excellent education. The teachers were caring and godly examples. It was a very positive experience for our family.

All that is not to say that I approve of what has happened here. I just want to say that the Claremont campus truly blessed our family and we will always be grateful to the staff and other families.
yui

Nuevo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2009

My child also got a very good education at the Claremont campus. The teachers were very good in the elementary school, but the administration seemed to not know what they were doing.
We know

Huntington Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2009

So much for escrow closing any day. I knew that was just another lie. Sure glad they were in such a hurry to screw up our whole school year, threaten and mistreat the staff, and make everyone miserable only to basically kick another Christian school off the campus so they could move on and lease the building just like we were doing.

Nice job Western leadership. Way to take what you want from others whether you can buy it or not, which apparently you can not. Oh, I know. Any day now...
Still Sad

Sherman Oaks, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2009

Has anybody noticed any work being done to the campus?
MotoCross 925

La Quinta, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2009

I hope the general contractor that did the school in Upland on Euclid at RR tracks does not have anything to do with your new project when it starts.....the drywall must be full of mold since he installed it in the rainy season before he roofed it...trying to make up lost time while screwing up the concrete foundation and steel structure forever.
PARENT 2004

Laguna Hills, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2009

No have not seen one iota of construction or paint yet. Seems they won't do it until they get that mythical loan. Well, at least unlike UC they are not silly enough to plow money into something that can easily be sold out from under them. Maybe they learned some thing from our experience. Any improvements belong to the real owner on paper. It is foolish to pay for up grades to Doanes property and then he goes and sells it for higher price to someone else just cause he can. Naw that would never happen right? What are the odds he would do this twice?
asd

Nuevo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2009

Where is the WCS board? What are you doing? Do you not see?
Parent 2004

Pacific Palisades, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2009

Please.... there board is just as blind as UCS. Like they ever saw Doane doing this with Kratz. These guys have it all down to a science here and thus a board is unlikely to know or sense ill winds. It's a mind set of oh Christian good- never hurt me syndrome. Thus they never look for the evil in so called men of God. Naive and easily duped.
asd

Nuevo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2009

Unfortunately, very true.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 18 of18
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Upland News Video

•••
•••

Upland Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Upland People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••