Ole Miss Students Election Result Pro...

Ole Miss Students Election Result Protest

Posted in the University Forum

Crappies4Ever

Evansville, IN

#1 Nov 9, 2012
News Article Source:
http://www.salon.com/2012/11/07/ole_miss_stud...

The Article States:
"According to local reports, up to 400 students from the University of Mississippi staged a riotous protest last night at the news of Obama’s reelection. The Jackson Clarion Ledger reported that “students were heard shouting racial epithets about Obama and African Americans in general. Police were called to the scene and the crowd broke up around 12:30 a.m.”

"Reports conflict over whether rocks were thrown, but Twitter images testify that an “Obama Biden” campaign sign was burned. No one was arrested or injured — in the context of the Oxford campus’s history of racist violence, it’s a stretch to call last night’s incident a “riot.”

"In the video below, an amateur videographer notes of the crowd,“it’s majority white people. That’s all I’ve got to say about that”.

The truth is ---> IT WASNT A RIOT....PERIOD!!!
Not a single person was physically attacked, shot or stabbed, no buildings or businesses were burned no cars flipped upside down and no acts of vandalism. There were only two or three arrests and the protesters calmly left after the police requested for them to do so.
Racial slurs were shouted? So what ever happened to freedom of speach?
And the majority of folks who would complain about the protest would be minorities such as liberals and blacks. That's all I've got to say about that.

Since: Feb 11

Edgewood, TX

#2 Feb 24, 2013
fact of the matter is, this is not how adults are supposed to behave. What they did was embarrassing to me and everyone else who has graduated from the university or attends the university or teaches there. They made themselves and, by extension, us, look ignorant.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

University Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Lloyd Gray: Time for a little braggin' (Apr '14) 7 hr Life long boaster 11
Burned Girl's Mother shows no Character Thu sungirl 57
News Dan Jones out as Ole Miss chancellor when contr... Jun 24 Jensen R 32
News "What happened to Leigh Occhi?" (Mar '08) Jun 24 Criminal 169
local business owner charged in prostitution ri... (Feb '14) Jun 20 Southern Pride 11
asaba state school of nursing form isoutcall_08... Feb '15 MR WILFRED 1
ONDO state school of nursing form 2015 isoutcal... Feb '15 MR WILFRED 1
More from around the web

University People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

University Mortgages