Mid-South community at odds over transgender transition at local high school

Feb 25, 2013 Full story: WMC-TV Memphis 9

"It was a big topic in the classrooms, everywhere, everyone has their own opinion," South Panola High student, Jabrea Joiner said.

Full Story
Kevin Lewis

Mississippi State, MS

#1 Feb 26, 2013
Born a male, always a male.
can't change those chromosomes in the DNA, now can you, BOY.
geza

Guelph, Canada

#2 Feb 26, 2013
kevin lewis such a sad poster :D

what about people who are XXY or XYY :D i guess they are 66% female and 33% male right :D

americans are always so dumb :DD its okay it is in their genes :D they need help like any kind of person with mental deficit :D
Robert Owens

Cleveland, MS

#3 Feb 27, 2013
The best thing about this is that transgenders are usually dead of AIDS within a few years. Problem
solved.

Since: Apr 10

Williston, ND

#4 Feb 27, 2013
Robert Owens wrote:
The best thing about this is that transgenders are usually dead of AIDS within a few years. Problem
solved.
Not sure where you get your info but it is 100% wrong I think you mixed up gender idenity and sexuality, they are ad diffrent as you a uneducated ignorent idiot, and me someone who has done over 20 years research on transsexuality, most trans people who transition (the ONLY MEDICAL TREATMENT) generaly die of old age
geza

Guelph, Canada

#5 Feb 27, 2013
Jessica is a smart lady just like me who understand science :D

how sad it is when people who do not know science talk about such thing :S like would you let an ignorant christian talk about the science of transsexual? would you let a hobo do surgery? no?

ignorant people stay out :D science says that your brain is feminized or masculinized in the second trimester :D so the fetus who is male has female brain :D or vice versa :D

biology :D you cannot try to be against it, it is natures law! also transsexual is not really a sexuality like being homosexual is :D there is not much correlation of being Aids with being Transsexual :D

stupid people should stay out :D when someone who cannot even speak your language so good is smarter than you :D it is time to shut up :)))
Strel

Tallahassee, FL

#6 Feb 28, 2013
Kevin Lewis wrote:
Born a male, always a male.
can't change those chromosomes in the DNA, now can you, BOY.
WTF.

You've never heard of hemaphrodites?

Your comment doesn't exactly do much to improve the already low reputation of Mississippi State.

Idiot.
shea

Ballwin, MO

#7 Mar 12, 2013
geza wrote:
kevin lewis such a sad poster :D
what about people who are XXY or XYY :D i guess they are 66% female and 33% male right :D
americans are always so dumb :DD its okay it is in their genes :D they need help like any kind of person with mental deficit :D
be for you spill you high minded thoughts about america look at your own country,it damn sure does not have the best track record for smart ideas
alexandra franciska

Guelph, Canada

#8 Mar 12, 2013
shea wrote:
<quoted text>be for you spill you high minded thoughts about america look at your own country,it damn sure does not have the best track record for smart ideas
are you talking about canada? for it is not my country.

if you are talking about hungary, i am sorry you do not realize :D we have such great track record... especially in mathematik's, and scientific achievement :D we laid the groundwork, for nuclear bomb. it was made by european scientist, in amerika, but all theoretical groundwork... was hungarian.

so we have pretty good track record, i would say my amerikan friend :)
Ash

Memphis, TN

#9 Mar 21, 2013
Reply |Report Abuse|Judge it!|#14 min ago

It takes a tremendous amount of courage to realize, accept, and announce your identity at 17 years of age. I am proud of Leah. I'm ashamed of the adults who feel threatened by such a strong individual. Change is frightening.....accept it and realize that you're not being hurt. Walk a mile in Leah's mom's shoes. This could be your child. Wouldn't you want them to be happy? Most parents would encourage their children to follow a path of happiness and peace rather than living miserably behind a lie.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

University Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lulu Oct 10 Christin Lulu Helms 17
kyle rogers Oct 9 You_know 2
Does Ole Miss or Fraternity International do an... Oct 9 Worried 1
paul finebuam Oct 6 hotty totty 1
meagan scates Oct 3 oh my 1
parking at ole miss games Sep 28 what happen 1
Oxford Police Problems Sep 28 moonlight drive 6
University Dating
Find my Match

University Jobs