Where did the big canyon go?

Where did the big canyon go?

Posted in the Universal City Forum

Washington, DC

#1 Mar 21, 2011
I lived in the Olympia? area of Universal City when I was a young kid i the early 1980's. I thin Olympia might be the name of the area, all the streets had greco roman names and the name Olympia is associated with a lot of things in the area.

Anyway... I've been looking at Google Earth lately and marking places I lived as a kid, as well as places of other significance. I'm at a loss trying to find this massive canyon my friends and I used to play in. It was located at the edge of all the housing development and a short walk through the woods.

There is no sign of anything like that on Google earth. I know I'm not crazy LOL. What I do see in the approximate area is a golf course. Did they fill the canyon in and now it's a golf course? If anyone knows please leave a comment.

San Antonio, TX

#2 Jul 3, 2011
You must be talking about the forum.
It was wooded back then. I too used to go back there and ride dirt bikes and play. It is now a strip center shopping mall called the forum.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Universal City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Young girlfriend that wants to have sex (Jun '10) Oct 11 AM Rooster 19
Selma taxpayers are getting robbed (Jul '14) Oct 6 Concerned 12
News SAPD: Substitute teacher brought weed to S.A. m... Oct 4 little john 1
corrupt cops in windcrest (Nov '14) Sep '16 Fedup 9
Corruption in Selma, TX, City Government Sep '16 John Heberling 2
Marco's Pizza open now in Cibolo Sep '16 Bugs 2
Deadly accident Aug '16 New to UC 1

Universal City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance