Gay Bars, Coffee Shops etc. in Port J...

Gay Bars, Coffee Shops etc. in Port Jervis

Posted in the Unionville Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Peter 22

AOL

#1 Dec 6, 2008
Are there any Gay Bars, Clubs or Coffee Shops in Port Jervis? Gay friendly.
Anything nearby

Please don't be one of the Haters with Negative comments.

Thanks
PJkid

Pine Bush, NY

#2 Dec 8, 2008
There is a great coffee shop on Front Street called Port Java.
Stephen

Emmaus, PA

#3 Dec 9, 2008
I can't see where there'd be any problems for gays in a coffe shop in Port. Shouldn't be in a bar either. How would anyone know your gay anyways? I'd definitely stay out of the bars in Matamoras though.
jervis guy

Troy, NY

#4 Dec 15, 2008
go to milford they welcome gay people with open arms.
ingmaland

United States

#5 Dec 21, 2008
Don't know about bars and such, but shopping in Shoprite in Sussex NJ, common to see male couples shopping together, so I would think the local area is not unfriendly.
PJ Kid

Emmaus, PA

#6 Dec 24, 2008
I guess it's pretty disgusting to shop at Shop-Rite then.
ingmaland

United States

#7 Jan 1, 2009
Oh Well, Peter I quess you got your answer.
friend

Wallkill, NY

#8 Jan 3, 2009
I lived in port jervis all my life, and I really don't want to believe that if we had any gay bars that people would find it offensive. Besides if i want to go out ot a nice friendly gay (open to both sexes) bar without being harrased by the normal people I would. People are People if you can truly find the one you love and love you for all your faults. i say Go with GOD
PJ Kid

Emmaus, PA

#9 Jan 4, 2009
Yo friend, you've been out of Port too long. Who are you kidding? Do you really think the gay community would've been haning out in the Time Out, the Hotel Carrol, Captain's Quarters or any other of the old hangouts without problems?
jervis guy

Troy, NY

#10 Jan 13, 2009
yea jervians dont really care for gay people. its just fact. you should proly just go to milford.
John

Bay Shore, NY

#12 Feb 11, 2009
Not yet...but Port could use one. There are many gay residents in and around Port. Soon there will be a gay bar here thats "straight" friendly.
jervis guy

Troy, NY

#13 Feb 12, 2009
yea and maybe we will get rid of all the mexicans too john
PJ Hideout

New Windsor, NY

#14 Feb 14, 2009
C'mon Hon, Port Jervis people all have one eyebrow,,welcome gays,,,,never
jervis guy

Troy, NY

#15 Feb 23, 2009
port bars are not friendly places for outsiders.
Another Port Jervian

Newburgh, NY

#16 Mar 21, 2009
friend wrote:
I lived in port jervis all my life, and I really don't want to believe that if we had any gay bars that people would find it offensive. Besides if i want to go out ot a nice friendly gay (open to both sexes) bar without being harrased by the normal people I would. People are People if you can truly find the one you love and love you for all your faults. i say Go with GOD
You had to drag God into it. Well, snap open your bible, I don't know what wording it uses but it says not that it's a sin(although it probably is), not that God hates it, but, that it makes him sick!
jervis guy

Troy, NY

#17 Mar 31, 2009
if, i was god, and something made me sick, and i had the power to make it a sin...
Jane

Middletown, NY

#18 Apr 6, 2009
port jervis GAY? NO this is one hundred percent no gays sorry but its the truth. now you looking for something gay go down route 209 stright in to the buthole called milford...
jervis guy

Troy, NY

#19 Apr 6, 2009
haha first u have to spread the cheeks of matamoras then enter the butthole and before u know it ur gay and u didnt even realize
CandiCane

Wallkill, NY

#20 Apr 10, 2009
Port Jervis is kind of a small town for anything like an official Gay Bar or anything like that, but I think there should be a GLBT Youth Group or something like that, and one for adults too. Port is pretty accepting of that kind of stuff (never mind the haters on this board, Port isn't known for brutal prejudice or anything. Though I have dealt with some nasty attitudes in high school towards my sexuality, but whatever them, as long as they don't like, leave a burning cross on my yard I'm alright)
jervis guy

Troy, NY

#21 Apr 30, 2009
port holds on record the only hanging in ny state, which was viewed by the entire town. it was a black man being hanged for "assaulting" a white woman. the entire town went to witness this as like it was a big effing show. for the most part, people never leave port jervis, which means the grandchildren of the folks who witnessed this hanging make up jervis today, and the apple doesnt fall far from the tree with msot of these people. the prejudice is there, believe me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Unionville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
crooked doctors in orange county? (Mar '15) Apr 12 Dr Bombay 2
News When do Kiryas Joel officials meet? Theya re no... Apr 9 M Mercer 5
News Middletown mayor accuses KJ of lying about wate... Apr 7 Merkan 2
News Monroe drafts plan for development Mar 31 Moses Kestenbaum ODA 1
News New York man arrested on heroin charges in Glen... Mar '17 wtodd1 1
Middletown Orphange Children's Home 1881 - 1917 (May '16) Feb '17 CCHS Classmate Kane 2
Cottage St. Dance Hall 1940s/50s Feb '17 CCHS Classmate Kane 1

Unionville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Unionville Mortgages