Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#18447 Apr 14, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
I was just going to respond to him with exactly what you said. Many of them include their names on the bottom of their e-mails. I can't say they are all black, but I doh't know many white guys with a name like Lashon Williams III. LOL!
Brilliant minds think alike, hey?:-)
d pantz

United States

#18448 Apr 14, 2013
PoorLittleRichBoys wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, but unfortunately for you and Dpants, there is this thing called reality, and it has nothing to do with the tea bagger emailed newsletters you live by. I worked for a company tht moved to the Dom Republic. It had nothing to do with unions or global warming. It was because the company got sued for ripping off another company. Nothing to do with every single employee who lost their job there. It was all about the dumb decisions the "job creators" made on a daily basis and that's the only reason they moved to a place where non-union workers gleefully work for $3 an hour. You know, like the America you bossman suck @sses dream about. Also, if you guys are too stupid to realize our weather is changing, despite the two cold months we had in ...gasp...winter time, then you deserve to be laughed at like clowns by the majority...say it with me...MAJORITY of voting Americans.
Now about Dpants and his hatred for the UN. Seems that is based on Christians believing that a global effort by the UN is "the work of the antichrist". Ooooh how rational. Only a couple of thousand of years behind the rest of the country. Go throw rocks at the moon and think you'll hit it, you treasonous corporate fetch boys. You idiots don't have the slightest clue why you don't believe in climate change or hate the UN.
and the "reality" of your job moving over seas is what? 9bama signed two trade deals like nafta that allow stake holders (corporattions) meet in secret without congress ( our elected officials) participating. Kinda like when he decides to attack more middle eastren countries with the un and congress doesn't have a say.
But you're right about global warming and the un. I have ruined the planet with my 4 cylinder and should be made a slave because of that.lol!
Sorry you lost your job, I lost mine last week but I already landed another.
Old Guy

New Carlisle, OH

#18449 Apr 15, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
This is telling you how you did your part by supporting something that has not and will never be proven--man made global warming.
What is your training, that you speak with such authority? Are you a scientist? I am not a climate scientist, so I listen to those that are. Here's just a few of the scientific organizations that believe it to be real:

----------

American Meteorological Society: Climate Change: An Information Statement of the American Meteorological Society

"It is clear from extensive scientific evidence that the dominant cause of the rapid change in climate of the past half century is human-induced increases in the amount of atmospheric greenhouse gases." (August 2012)

American Physical Society: Statement on Climate Change

"The evidence is incontrovertible: Global warming is occurring. If no mitigating actions are taken, significant disruptions in the Earth’s physical and ecological systems, social systems, security and human health are likely to occur. We must reduce emissions of greenhouse gases beginning now." (November 2007)

American Geophysical Union: Human Impacts on Climate

"The Earth's climate is now clearly out of balance and is warming. Many components of the climate system—including the temperatures of the atmosphere, land and ocean, the extent of sea ice and mountain glaciers, the sea level, the distribution of precipitation, and the length of seasons—are now changing at rates and in patterns that are not natural and are best explained by the increased atmospheric abundances of greenhouse gases and aerosols generated by human activity during the 20th century." (Adopted December 2003, Revised and Reaffirmed December 2007)

American Association for the Advancement of Science: AAAS Board Statement on Climate Change

"The scientific evidence is clear: global climate change caused by human activities is occurring now, and it is a growing threat to society." (December 2006)

Geological Society of America: Global Climate Change

"The Geological Society of America (GSA) supports the scientific conclusions that Earth’s climate is changing; the climate changes are due in part to human activities; and the probable consequences of the climate changes will be significant and blind to geopolitical boundaries." (October 2006)

American Chemical Society: Statement on Global Climate Change

"There is now general agreement among scientific experts that the recent warming trend is real (and particularly strong within the past 20 years), that most of the observed warming is likely due to increased atmospheric greenhouse gas concentrations, and that climate change could have serious adverse effects by the end of this century." (July 2004)

----------
So Sorry

Dublin, OH

#18451 Apr 15, 2013
Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
What is your training, that you speak with such authority? Are you a scientist? I am not a climate scientist, so I listen to those that are. Here's just a few of the scientific organizations that believe it to be real:
----------
American Meteorological Society: Climate Change: An Information Statement of the American Meteorological Society
"It is clear from extensive scientific evidence that the dominant cause of the rapid change in climate of the past half century is human-induced increases in the amount of atmospheric greenhouse gases." (August 2012)
"The evidence is incontrovertible: Global warming is occurring. If no mitigating actions are taken, significant disruptions in the Earth’s physical and ecological systems, social systems, security and human health are likely to occur. We must reduce emissions of greenhouse gases beginning now." (November 2007)
"The Earth's climate is now clearly out of balance and is warming. Many components of the climate system—including the temperatures of the atmosphere, land and ocean, the extent of sea ice and mountain glaciers, the sea level, the distribution of precipitation, and the length of seasons—are now changing at rates and in patterns that are not natural and are best explained by the increased atmospheric abundances of greenhouse gases and aerosols generated by human activity during the 20th century." (Adopted December 2003, Revised and Reaffirmed December 2007)
American Association for the Advancement of Science: AAAS Board Statement on Climate Change
"The scientific evidence is clear: global climate change caused by human activities is occurring now, and it is a growing threat to society." (December 2006)
"The Geological Society of America (GSA) supports the scientific conclusions that Earth’s climate is changing; the climate changes are due in part to human activities; and the probable consequences of the climate changes will be significant and blind to geopolitical boundaries." (October 2006)
"There is now general agreement among scientific experts that the recent warming trend is real (and particularly strong within the past 20 years), that most of the observed warming is likely due to increased atmospheric greenhouse gas concentrations, and that climate change could have serious adverse effects by the end of this century." (July 2004)
----------
Scientific findings are constantly changing. Your links are too old to be of any value.
So Sorry

Dublin, OH

#18452 Apr 15, 2013
Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
----------
----------
Study: Natural causes, not human activity, behind Plains drought

http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/12/us/drought-stud...
Old Guy

New Carlisle, OH

#18455 Apr 15, 2013
So Sorry wrote:
<quoted text>
Scientific findings are constantly changing. Your links are too old to be of any value.
Those are the current statements of all the above organizations. If you believe differently, please give me a link to any of those organizations that have changed their views.
So Sorry wrote:
<quoted text>
Study: Natural causes, not human activity, behind Plains drought
http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/12/us/drought-stud...
A quote from YOUR article:

"Although he believes in global warming, Hoerling said greenhouse gas concentrations weren't behind the heat wave in the Midwest region.

"I'm an advocate of global warming because science tells me that greenhouse gases have warmed the planet by about 1 degree Celsius in the last 100 years. So there's no question about that," he said."
ComeOutOfYourCav es

Canton, OH

#18456 Apr 15, 2013
Also, by your guy's "logic", since having below normal temps proves to you that global warming doesn't exist, then today's 10 degrees above average temps must prove it does...right?

Strange how after thousands of years, the earth suddenly decided to spike in CO2, unlike anything ever known before, exactly at the time of the industrial revolution, and has continued since. Also...using your guy's "logic" again...I guess things like extreme increases in lung disease such as asthma, which is going on right now, are due to "natural causes". Soon enough you oil lobby propaganda idiots won't be able to deny it, and just like with people who admit to voting for GW Bush (Oil billionaire sponsored Tea Party), you will all magically disappear and no one will be able to find anyone who ever claimed they knew better than the expert scientists.
ComeOutOfYourCav es

Canton, OH

#18457 Apr 15, 2013
So Sorry wrote:
<quoted text>
And you know better than all of them...because some militia website told you. So let's recap. Genius scientists and experts on global weather trends...the same one's who predicted our planet is getting warmer...followed by the hottest decade in recorded history, have it all wrong. Fat middle aged UN hating white man, dressed in camo, rolling around in the leaves at the End Times Compound for Jesus? Your go to guy when it comes to global weather trends.

Also, since most of the Tea Baggers love Jesus...Water walking Jewish zombie? Believe with all your heart. Scientists claiming that our climate is changing? Hogwash!!!
ComeOutOfYourCav es

Canton, OH

#18458 Apr 15, 2013
So Sorry wrote:
<quoted text>
That Copernicus guy's views are really old also. Yet the earth still revolves around the sun. Funny. He was called a kook and was thrown in prison by the church for his scientific findings. That just proves that there has always been a group of nutballs who think they know better than science. Luckily, our country is leaving relics like that in the past. So when you morons start talking about "the end is near", in your case, you nailed it.
ComeOutOfYourCav es

Canton, OH

#18459 Apr 15, 2013
d pantz wrote:
<quoted text> and the "reality" of your job moving over seas is what? 9bama signed two trade deals like nafta that allow stake holders (corporattions) meet in secret without congress ( our elected officials) participating. Kinda like when he decides to attack more middle eastren countries with the un and congress doesn't have a say.
But you're right about global warming and the un. I have ruined the planet with my 4 cylinder and should be made a slave because of that.lol!
Sorry you lost your job, I lost mine last week but I already landed another.
You mean attacking middle eastern countries like when Obama took out the number one terrorist in the world or do you mean like when GW and the Christian right gleefully sent our American soldiers off to die in a meaningless war, and lied to Congress about WMDs so Cheney's Halliburton could make billions in no bid contracts?
ComeOutOfYourCav es

Canton, OH

#18460 Apr 15, 2013
Funny how "scientific" you guys suddenly become when trying to disprove global warming. Now let's hear you explain why you fight so hard for the exact same message the energy industry spent millions of dollars on in propaganda against global warming. Here's a hint, people in church were making bold statements on global weather patterns a decade before Gore said a word about it. I'm sure it's just a coincidence that it was going on at the exact same time the oil billionaire Koch brothers who directly fund the Tea Party were spending millions to get people to not believe in climate change. Funny how you guys are still buying it, even after the oil billionaires did a complete turn around and now claim that global warming exists and it is most certainly caused by man. Just shows how clueless you guys really are.

“Tenured Marxist Radical”

Since: Jan 13

Ivy League-ISIS

#18461 Apr 15, 2013
ComeOutOfYourCaves wrote:
<quoted text>
That Copernicus guy's views are really old also. Yet the earth still revolves around the sun. Funny. He was called a kook and was thrown in prison by the church for his scientific findings. That just proves that there has always been a group of nutballs who think they know better than science. Luckily, our country is leaving relics like that in the past. So when you morons start talking about "the end is near", in your case, you nailed it.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicolaus_Coperni...

Copernicus was never imprisoned by the Church, that was Galileo.

“Tenured Marxist Radical”

Since: Jan 13

Ivy League-ISIS

#18462 Apr 15, 2013
ComeOutOfYourCaves wrote:
Funny how "scientific" you guys suddenly become when trying to disprove global warming. Now let's hear you explain why you fight so hard for the exact same message the energy industry spent millions of dollars on in propaganda against global warming. Here's a hint, people in church were making bold statements on global weather patterns a decade before Gore said a word about it. I'm sure it's just a coincidence that it was going on at the exact same time the oil billionaire Koch brothers who directly fund the Tea Party were spending millions to get people to not believe in climate change. Funny how you guys are still buying it, even after the oil billionaires did a complete turn around and now claim that global warming exists and it is most certainly caused by man. Just shows how clueless you guys really are.
http://www.climatedepot.com/2009/10/06/dont-m...
Old Guy

New Carlisle, OH

#18463 Apr 15, 2013
-The-Artist- wrote:
Although there were claims of "global cooling" in the 1970s, there was never a scientific consensus that it was happening. In fact, it was a minority viewpoint, even then.

"In the 1970s, there was increasing awareness that estimates of global temperatures showed cooling since 1945. Of those scientific papers considering climate trends over the 21st century, only 10% inclined towards future cooling, while most papers predicted future warming."

"In response to such reports, the World Meteorological Organization issued a warning in June 1976 that a very significant warming of global climate was probable."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_cooling#c...
hottiejfiwfgufgf g

Englewood, OH

#18464 Apr 15, 2013
fiuf938r28fr0ry0
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#18465 Apr 15, 2013
Cousin DuPrees Cousin wrote:
<quoted text> Brilliant minds think alike, hey?:-)
I think I know you. Your Topix name looks familiar. ;-D
Anonymous

Upper Sandusky, OH

#18466 Apr 15, 2013
Give me kasick!

Location hidden

#18467 Apr 15, 2013
Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Those are the current statements of all the above organizations. If you believe differently, please give me a link to any of those organizations that have changed their views.
<quoted text>
A quote from YOUR article:
"Although he believes in global warming, Hoerling said greenhouse gas concentrations weren't behind the heat wave in the Midwest region.
"I'm an advocate of global warming because science tells me that greenhouse gases have warmed the planet by about 1 degree Celsius in the last 100 years. So there's no question about that," he said."
You tell em, Old Guy. The non believers are still mouth breathin' and knuckle draggin'.

Location hidden

#18468 Apr 15, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
I think I know you. Your Topix name looks familiar. ;-D
How are you buddy?
what the hel-

United States

#18470 Apr 15, 2013
Why is this crap still on here when its 2013? I don't care if your a demarcate or a Republican you should be able to understand its over now so for God sake delete this dam* post. THANK YOU!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Uniontown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gov. Chris Christie's visit to Akron this eveni... 10 hr Lt Tyree 1
Who recalls Todd Hickman (akron) (Sep '11) 21 hr Sharmba 47
Review: Harvest House Christian Center Mon Homeless Wino Pete 6
The Owl and The Pussycat Sun Frederich Von Ritter 1
What Obama Has Done to our Country Sep 27 Lt Tyree 9
Who is this Character LT Tyree? Sep 27 Lt Tyree 5
Starbucks Salute Sep 26 Son of Beale 4

Uniontown Jobs

Uniontown People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE