Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010?

Posted in the Uniontown Forum

Comments (Page 758)

Showing posts 15,141 - 15,160 of28,457
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Larchmont's Leading Citizen”

Since: Dec 12

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
That's where a lot of the real savings are to be found, Fred. They're right there, in the "offense" side of the Department of Defense.
The graft and corruption in the contracting industry is considerable as well.
woof
I'm all for getting out of Afghanistan. Big savings to be had there. I'm all for closing every US base in Europe, save for Rhein-Main. Now tell me what "offensive" capabilities are unnecessary by virtue of their "wastefulness."
Graft and corruption are everywhere. I thought you were a lawyer. If so, you must see it every day in your profession.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

Judged:

Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. That's why everyone should be allowed to own their own tank.
How to Buy a Tank

http://www.automobilemag.com/features/0804_ho...
Duke for Mayor

Uniontown, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

Hugh Victor Thompson III wrote:
<quoted text>Pot. Kettle. Black. You people read abortion into the 4th, SCS into the 1st and hate crimes into God knows what.
Your leftist lives are a one way street and you hate being reminded of that.
Wrong again Fred.

Justice Blackmun, in Roe v. Wade:

"This right of privacy, whether it be founded in the Fourteenth Amendment's concept of personal liberty and restrictions upon state action, as we feel it is, or, as the District Court determined, in the Ninth Amendment's reservation of rights to the people, is broad enough to encompass a woman's decision whether or not to terminate her pregnancy. The detriment that the State would impose upon the pregnant woman by denying this choice altogether is apparent. Specific and direct harm medically diagnosable even in early pregnancy may be involved. Maternity, or additional offspring, may force upon the woman a distressful life and future. Psychological harm may be imminent. Mental and physical health may be taxed by child care. There is also the distress, for all concerned, associated with the unwanted child, and there is the problem of bringing a child into a family already unable, psychologically and otherwise, to care for it. In other cases, as in this one, the additional difficulties and continuing stigma of unwed motherhood may be involved. All these are factors the woman and her responsible physician necessarily will consider in consultation.

On the basis of elements such as these, appellant and some amici argue that the woman's right is absolute and that she is entitled to terminate her pregnancy at whatever time, in whatever way, and for whatever reason she alone chooses. With this we do not agree. Appellant's arguments that Texas either has no valid interest at all in regulating the abortion decision, or no interest strong enough to support any limitation upon the woman's sole determination, are unpersuasive. The [p154] Court's decisions recognizing a right of privacy also acknowledge that some state regulation in areas protected by that right is appropriate. As noted above, a State may properly assert important interests in safeguarding health, in maintaining medical standards, and in protecting potential life. At some point in pregnancy, these respective interests become sufficiently compelling to sustain regulation of the factors that govern the abortion decision. The privacy right involved, therefore, cannot be said to be absolute. In fact, it is not clear to us that the claim asserted by some amici that one has an unlimited right to do with one's body as one pleases bears a close relationship to the right of privacy previously articulated in the Court's decisions. The Court has refused to recognize an unlimited right of this kind in the past. Jacobson v. Massachusetts, 197 U.S. 11 (1905)(vaccination); Buck v. Bell, 274 U.S. 200 (1927)( sterilization).

We, therefore, conclude that the right of personal privacy includes the abortion decision, but that this right is not unqualified, and must be considered against important state interests in regulation."

woof
Duke for Mayor

Uniontown, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

<quoted text>I'm all for getting out of Afghanistan. Big savings to be had there. I'm all for closing every US base in Europe, save for Rhein-Main. Now tell me what "offensive" capabilities are unnecessary by virtue of their "wastefulness."
Graft and corruption are everywhere. I thought you were a lawyer. If so, you must see it every day in your profession.
I'm not speaking so much of "offensive capabilities" Fred, as such a term is meaningless really. I'm talking about using the capabilities and vast assets of the defense department in an offensive manner, deploying them ostensibly as a means of defense when it is quite clear that "defense" has absolutely nothing to do with the deployment.

As for "graft and corruption" in my own personal world of employment, I rarely see any evidence of it whatsoever. But the practice of law is a very broad world, with many hallways, and I have no doubt that it exists in places I don't venture into.

I can tell you that in the world of dependency, neglect and abuse cases in juvenile court, the state of Ohio gets their money's worth from appointed counsel, and then some.

woof

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not speaking so much of "offensive capabilities" Fred, as such a term is meaningless really. I'm talking about using the capabilities and vast assets of the defense department in an offensive manner, deploying them ostensibly as a means of defense when it is quite clear that "defense" has absolutely nothing to do with the deployment.
As for "graft and corruption" in my own personal world of employment, I rarely see any evidence of it whatsoever. But the practice of law is a very broad world, with many hallways, and I have no doubt that it exists in places I don't venture into.
I can tell you that in the world of dependency, neglect and abuse cases in juvenile court, the state of Ohio gets their money's worth from appointed counsel, and then some.
woof
By the very nature of their capabilities, virtually every weapons system in our arsenal could be construed as "offensive" as well as defensive with one exception: Missile Defense, a program and concept abhorred by the left for 30 years. After all, God forbid we or our allies be able to exercise self defense when it angers your buddies Putin and Ahmadinejad.
Duke for Mayor

Uniontown, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

<quoted text>By the very nature of their capabilities, virtually every weapons system in our arsenal could be construed as "offensive" as well as defensive with one exception: Missile Defense, a program and concept abhorred by the left for 30 years. After all, God forbid we or our allies be able to exercise self defense when it angers your buddies Putin and Ahmadinejad.
oh my!!!

you saw us out the other day for coffee?

woof
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>Pot. Kettle. Black. You people read abortion into the 4th, SCS into the 1st and hate crimes into God knows what.
Your leftist lives are a one way street and you hate being reminded of that.
Now now, Fred. That's simply not true. You are the one who is inconsistent. That's what this whole exercise was designed to point out. YOU are the one who screams about judicial activism when it is about abortion or religion but use the same methods you call activism to defend something that you consider to be important.

Tell me how your interpretation of parental rights in the 1st, 4th and 5th is any different than the penumbra theory that gave us Roe v. Wade. You are the one being a hypocrite.
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>have you noticed how the News Medias keeps the attention focused on SCOTUS case of District of Columbia v. Heller which they know it only relates to the District of Columbia and they know it and they dont want to bring up Mcdonald v. Chicago.
District of Columbia v. Heller
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/District_of_Colu...
I would suggest it is because in Heller, for the first time ever, the SCOTUS held the 2d amendment is an individual right. Holdings of the SCOTUS are the law of the land, regardless from where they originate. McDonald was really just an incorporation case.
Duke for Mayor

Uniontown, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Now now, Fred. That's simply not true. You are the one who is inconsistent. That's what this whole exercise was designed to point out. YOU are the one who screams about judicial activism when it is about abortion or religion but use the same methods you call activism to defend something that you consider to be important.
Tell me how your interpretation of parental rights in the 1st, 4th and 5th is any different than the penumbra theory that gave us Roe v. Wade. You are the one being a hypocrite.
This is where the previously unmentioned factor gets inserted into the mix, right here.

watch.

woof
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Well that doesn't solve anything then does it? We are still spending, we are still taxing. It's just a different government doing it. And what's more, instead of having one agency to administer the program, we end up with 50. Darn it.
We would also have more control over our money and it wouldn't be used as a political issue for the presidency or Congress. It wouldn't be stolen like it was for Commie Care. The people of a state would be closer in tune to what the situation is. Right now, everybody on the left thinks Medicare will be just fine. Trust your Democrat politician to tell them so. If it were a state issue, it would be more realized that the program is in trouble and has been for many years. A state could take quicker corrective action.

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Not at all...simply using your own weapon against you. And you hate it.
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. Remember Oklahoma City?
Yes I do. But is OKC a daily thing? People getting robbed, assaulted and killed with guns is a daily thing. That's why people need to arm themselves and protect their families.

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
We would also have more control over our money and it wouldn't be used as a political issue for the presidency or Congress. It wouldn't be stolen like it was for Commie Care. The people of a state would be closer in tune to what the situation is. Right now, everybody on the left thinks Medicare will be just fine. Trust your Democrat politician to tell them so. If it were a state issue, it would be more realized that the program is in trouble and has been for many years. A state could take quicker corrective action.
The left hates that idea for the obvious reasons you point out. The left also extolls the Canadian "national" health care system which in reality is anything but. Each province administers its own program. The only real role of the federal government is comprehensive oversight adhering to guidelines of the Canada Health Act. But neither the feds nor the provinces intrude in the life of the taxpayer as the American left wants to do here. There is no government compiling of or access to patients health information, for example.
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>Not at all...simply using your own weapon against you. And you hate it.
Hate it? I hoisted you on your own petard. I agree with you that there is a constitutional right to a parent/child relationship. The SCOTUS has said so.(I disagree that yours was violated and so would the SCOTUS). I just wanted you to acknowledge that constitutional rights can exist without being explicitly mentioned in the document. Now that you have done that, it would be the height of hypocrisy for you to ever again use that argument against abortion rights or rights of homosexuals or church/state issues, etc. See how easy that was?
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I do. But is OKC a daily thing? People getting robbed, assaulted and killed with guns is a daily thing. That's why people need to arm themselves and protect their families.
Oh, now it needs to be a daily thing. Ok. Are bad guys using AR-15s against people daily? How many shots does the usual carjacker use on a daily basis? Or a street robber? 2? Let's limit all guns to two round capability then?

Are you beginning to see why we can't determine this issue based on anecdote? Probably not.
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

<quoted text>The left hates that idea for the obvious reasons you point out. The left also extolls the Canadian "national" health care system which in reality is anything but. Each province administers its own program. The only real role of the federal government is comprehensive oversight adhering to guidelines of the Canada Health Act. But neither the feds nor the provinces intrude in the life of the taxpayer as the American left wants to do here. There is no government compiling of or access to patients health information, for example.
So you endorse the Canadian system? Deal. Obamacare is your system. The left wanted single payer.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
I would suggest it is because in Heller, for the first time ever, the SCOTUS held the 2d amendment is an individual right. Holdings of the SCOTUS are the law of the land, regardless from where they originate. McDonald was really just an incorporation case.
True, I understand it was the first case that SCOTUS held that the 2nd amendment is an individual right and your right they did incorporate it in the Mcdonald vs Chicago case.

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

Judged:

Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Hate it? I hoisted you on your own petard. I agree with you that there is a constitutional right to a parent/child relationship. The SCOTUS has said so.(I disagree that yours was violated and so would the SCOTUS). I just wanted you to acknowledge that constitutional rights can exist without being explicitly mentioned in the document. Now that you have done that, it would be the height of hypocrisy for you to ever again use that argument against abortion rights or rights of homosexuals or church/state issues, etc. See how easy that was?
So you speak for the SCOTUS now, do you?
Your argument is lame. Parental rights are justified by natural rights...a concept incorporated by the Founders. Homosexuality and abortion are the very antithesis of natural rights.

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

Judged:

Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, now it needs to be a daily thing. Ok. Are bad guys using AR-15s against people daily? How many shots does the usual carjacker use on a daily basis? Or a street robber? 2? Let's limit all guns to two round capability then?
Are you beginning to see why we can't determine this issue based on anecdote? Probably not.
It wouldn't be hyperbole to say that AR-15s are probably used by the bad guys on a daily basis in the United States southwest.
Spookishere F trolls

Mishawaka, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
So you endorse the Canadian system? Deal. Obamacare is your system. The left wanted single payer.
Obama care is not my system. My system is paying for my own care unlike the obama voters who want me to pay for.thier care as well. My system would include open season on Mexican and Central American trash. No more of giving free care to a beaner with a future oxygen thief crowning as the two legged rat crosses the border.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 15,141 - 15,160 of28,457
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Uniontown Discussions

Search the Uniontown Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Who lost Iraq? The Iraqis did, with an assist f... Wed GOP Dopes 36
boosh vacationed while New Orleans DROWNED! Wed GOP Dopes 1
Feaster back in court Wed Foghorn Leghorn 2
Gay Games Rodeo coming to Summit County Fairgro... Wed Tu Hung Lo 8
Brilliant individual Jul 8 Loves Obammy 6
The WORST president in 70 Years Jul 8 Mister Floppy 8
Trump on the Economy Jul 7 Mike 9
•••
•••