Comments
14,721 - 14,740 of 30,543 Comments Last updated 26 min ago

“Larchmont's Leading Citizen”

Since: Dec 12

Hilliard, OH

#16102 Dec 20, 2012
Cousin DuPrees Cousin wrote:
<quoted text>
You know what happens when weapons are fired inside an aircraft at 30,000 Ft., right?
Yes, and as long as a window isn't shot all the way out, there won't be explosive decompression. A bullet hole in the metal of the fuselage or in a window is too small to produce it.

Hilliard, OH

#16103 Dec 20, 2012
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Symptoms of schizophrenia typically develop in late adolesence or early adulthood. So much for not training that schizo how to use a gun, eh?
Then let's apply your idiotic line of thinking to licensing drivers, too.
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#16104 Dec 20, 2012
Hugh Victor Thompson III wrote:
<quoted text>Then let's apply your idiotic line of thinking to licensing drivers, too.
It was your guys' line of thinking. You guys were saying that a parent should never teach a child with mental health issues how to use a gun. I simply pointed out that you idiots, when you teach your 12 year olds how to shoot, don't know whether you are doing that or not.

Hilliard, OH

#16105 Dec 20, 2012
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
It was your guys' line of thinking. You guys were saying that a parent should never teach a child with mental health issues how to use a gun. I simply pointed out that you idiots, when you teach your 12 year olds how to shoot, don't know whether you are doing that or not.
I take it you've never had kids.
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#16106 Dec 20, 2012
<quoted text>I take it you've never had kids.
I take it you don't know anything about mental illness.

Hilliard, OH

#16107 Dec 20, 2012
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
I take it you don't know anything about mental illness.
So, you would alter the normal upbringing of children out of fear of potential mental illness.
Why don't you just place kids in a rubber room from age 11 to 25, then?
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#16108 Dec 20, 2012
<quoted text>So, you would alter the normal upbringing of children out of fear of potential mental illness.
Why don't you just place kids in a rubber room from age 11 to 25, then?
You aren't paying attention. XXX said it was irresonsible for a parent to teach a kid with mental illness how to use a gun. My point is, since you teach your kids how to shoot at 12, you don't know whether you are teaching a kid with mental illness how to shoot or not. Dig it?

Hilliard, OH

#16109 Dec 20, 2012
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
You aren't paying attention. XXX said it was irresonsible for a parent to teach a kid with mental illness how to use a gun. My point is, since you teach your kids how to shoot at 12, you don't know whether you are teaching a kid with mental illness how to shoot or not. Dig it?
I know what you've been saying since the start. The point is, you raise children on the presumption that they are going to be normal, both physically and mentally until there is evidence to the contrary.
Nancy Lanza apparently had such evidence a decade ago and made some really bad decisions.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#16110 Dec 20, 2012
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
There were numbers behind them. She offered to get them for you. What she was able to link to was called an abstract. An abstract is a brief explanation of the study and its results. The numbers and explanation you desire is contained in the complete report the abstract summarizes.
The disparity in crack versus powder cocaine sentences had nothing to do with priors or anything else. It was simply that the statutes punished possession or sale of the same weight of crack much more severely than the possession or sale of the same weight of powder.
No, she (I'm presuming you are correct about the gender) said there were no specifics or breakdown in the numbers. Just like there are no breakdowns for the criminals who get busted for drugs. Just plain numbers--that's it. The rest is up to your imagination.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#16111 Dec 20, 2012
<quoted text>
Wow I read he entered through a window. Are you not aware of bullet proof glass and doors.
I am not talking about your 9MM with a 12 Rd clip. We are talking extended Magazines and Drums that hold 100 Rounds. Assault Rifles, made for killing people. You know, like the ones REAGAN wanted BANNED. Almighty Ronald Reagan.
Apparently you can't see that Shooting ranges can be modified. Big surprise. I have been there before. Of course they are not ready now. I can tell you don't want to be away from your beloved weapons.
I read he shot the locks out. Who knows this early in the game? In any event, when you can show me some kind of evidence that smaller clips will stop school shootings or even interrupt the shooter, then I'll say fine. What I see now are baby steps towards more control over our guns while at the same time solving nothing, and ignoring more important issues in school shootings like armed security guards or personnel, police siren on the roof of the building, how to improve our communications and treatment of the mentally ill. Easy access for parents with troubled children or even adults.

The Colorado shooter had body armor--armor not legal to own in America. If he could get his hands on that, what makes you think larger clips would not be readily available to those who want them?
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#16112 Dec 20, 2012
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok. Right after you show me the article about the last guy that killed 20 school kids with his bike.
The most students killed in a school happened in the 1930's. The guy used dynamite.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#16113 Dec 20, 2012
<quoted text>
You know what happens when weapons are fired inside an aircraft at 30,000 Ft., right?
I don't, but if you do, you better tell the pilots since some of them are armed today.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#16114 Dec 20, 2012
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you like isolated stories:

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/nation/st...
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#16115 Dec 20, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
The most students killed in a school happened in the 1930's. The guy used dynamite.
So?
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#16116 Dec 20, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you like isolated stories:
http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/nation/st...
That may be the funniest post ever. All of a sudden, XXX, the King of the Anecdote, accuses someone else of "liking isolated stories." Oh my!

I guess I made my point, even if you missed it. Remember yesterday when I wrote,
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
And my contribution to the discussion is that anecdote and Google searches are a completely unscientific approach at trying to answer that question and are essentially worthless. She is the only person who has offered an answer based on scientific method.
?

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#16117 Dec 20, 2012
<quoted text>Yes, and as long as a window isn't shot all the way out, there won't be explosive decompression. A bullet hole in the metal of the fuselage or in a window is too small to produce it.
And if Semi Automatics are used by several or a bunch of dumbasses at the same time George?
I wouldn't want to be in that plane. Pressurizes cabin, lots of holes, or worse one big one sucking people out.
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#16118 Dec 20, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Might wanna look into the fire in Collinwood.

woof

Location hidden

#16119 Dec 20, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't, but if you do, you better tell the pilots since some of them are armed today.
Pressurized cabin. Gunshots equal holes, weakening of the fuselage. Loss of Cabin Pressure. Not sure if Pilots are armed but Sky Marshalls are. They are really well trained.

Location hidden

#16120 Dec 20, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
How many? Where and why?

Hilliard, OH

#16121 Dec 20, 2012
<quoted text>
And if Semi Automatics are used by several or a bunch of dumbasses at the same time George?
I wouldn't want to be in that plane. Pressurizes cabin, lots of holes, or worse one big one sucking people out.
Or crashing into the Mall of America, Ohio Stadium or Disney World. Deliberately. On a Saturday.
BTW, "lots of holes" the size of bullets will not explosively decompress an aircraft. The pressurization system can compensate in that case. If an entire window goes, that's another story
You don't think the FAA and the aircraft manufacturers thought this through before allowing flight deck crews to carry?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Uniontown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
IF SHAKESPEARE WERE A republicanů. Fri Norm DePlume 3
WMD's Hey Tyree Guess What they Found? Fri Stretch Cunningham 9
Hoops star LeBron helps renovate Akron home Aug 26 Dindu Nufffins 2
Crisis of Truth Chgo Thugs at work Aug 26 Dindu Nufffins 8
Does Akron still suck? (Sep '08) Aug 26 Dindu Nufffins 214
Trustee charge dropped (Apr '08) Aug 26 Louis Nanez 13
whats the verdict on Dr.Bressi Aug 26 Get real 5
•••
•••
•••