Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2012

Judged:

Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Then we should repeal the entire criminal code, right?
I would prefer you Mr. Lawyer just enforce the ones on the books

OK sparky

then add to the laws you leave unpunished

swift justice.....remember.....then a crime with a gun is either life in prison, or death. Choice is left up to severity of the crime.

follow the law

it will kill you if you don't
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2012

Judged:

Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Then we should repeal the entire criminal code, right?
I forgot to add:

a lawyer would not be necessary at a trial for any gun violence crime.

with a choice of life in prison or death, the court will determine eye for an eye for sure.

you can save money on the lobbyists your fellow lawyers and you pay out to keep the court running.

it won't matter anymore.

you are a hypocrite.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2012

Judged:

Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Guns can swim.
if you teach a child to swim, teach them gun safety for the same reason

it will save their life

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2012

Duke for Mayor wrote:
For Fred's and Pops' benefit, lets review.
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
woof
I think basically to sum it up is that what George Victor Jefferson Hilliard is saying, without saying it is "Even people born in the U.S. are not Americans unless they are white and it is all those others that commit crimes in America and are responsible for the deterioration of this great Nation."
Woof, woof.
Just sayin.'

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2012

Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
I forgot to add:
a lawyer would not be necessary at a trial for any gun violence crime.
with a choice of life in prison or death, the court will determine eye for an eye for sure.
you can save money on the lobbyists your fellow lawyers and you pay out to keep the court running.
it won't matter anymore.
you are a hypocrite.
Stay tuned for statement from NRA on Friday. Things are moving right along. Although I am hpoeful, I am also skeptical the statement will contain any thing other that what you have been saying.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2012

Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
it will save their life
4-Year-Old Shoots And Kills 2-Year-Old Brother With Loaded Gun ... www.mommyish.com/2012/12/08/gun-control/

Dec 8, 2012 ... 4-year-old boy shoots and kills his 2-year-old brother.... for the gun and he and his brother (the child's father) had attended gun safety classes.
Father Accidentally Shoots 7-Year-Old, Let's Not ... www.mommyish.com/2012/12/10/gun-control-child...

Dec 10, 2012 ... Father Accidentally Shoots And Kills His 7-Year-Old Son & More Gun ... How, exactly, does one accidentally point a handgun at a child's chest while ... Gun safety classes emphasize this heavily, and they tell you never to point ...

[ More results from www.mommyish.com ]
Tragedy as Father Accidentally Shoots 7-Year-Old Son Outside ... www.theblaze.com/stories/tragedy-as-father-ac... ...

Dec 8, 2012 ...(TheBlaze/AP)-- A man's handgun went off as he was getting into ... he had taken the normally required safety course to obtain a CCL.... I'm just saying that guns mostly kill the bad guys and that incidents of guns killing kids or ...
Father fatally shoots son outside Pennsylvania gun store -... news.yahoo.com/father-fatally-shoots-son-outs... ...

Dec 8, 2012 ... Craig Allen Loughrey was shot in the chest by a handgun his father, Joseph V. Loughrey, 44,... The boy died at the scene of the shooting, which happened at 10 :50 a.m....... Pa. dad kills son in accidental shooting at gun store .... People who are trained in gun use would never allow a loaded weapon to be ...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2012

Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
it will save their life
Boy Murders Mother | DNAinfo.com
www.dnainfo.com/
16 Yr-Old Arrested After His Mother Was Found Stuffed In Trash Bin.
Web Results8-Year-Old Arizona Boy Kills Father - CBS News www.cbsnews.com/2100-201_162-4586103.html

Feb 11, 2009 ... Police in this small eastern Arizona community are looking into the possibility that an 8-year-old boy who is charged with killing his father and ...
Officials: Father Accidentally Shoots, Kills Son Outside Gun ... www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/Officials-... ...

Dec 8, 2012 ... The boy was shot Saturday morning at Twigs Reloading Den in East Lackawannock Township, 60 miles north of Pittsburgh.
Police: Boy, 3, accidentally shoots, kills father in Indiana ... news.yahoo.com/police-boy-3-accidentally-shoo... ...

Jul 14, 2012 ... From Yahoo! News: SALEM, Ind.- Police say a 3-year-old boy accidentally shot and killed his father after finding the man's loaded handgun in ...
Police: 4-year-old boy shoots and kills toddler brother, using ... www.wcti12.com/news/Police-4-year-old-boy-sho... -...

Dec 6, 2012 ... A 4-year-old boy accidentally shot and killed his 2-year-old brother, using their father's handgun, police said.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2012

Assault rifle brought to gun range; teen shoots friend when ... www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/region/livingston_count... ...

Jul 2, 2012... who accidentally shot a friend at a gun range over the weekend.... School shooting; 26 killed including children at Newtown, CT school ...
Kids pose with Santa and assault rifle

www.wivb.com/.../kids-pose-with-santa-and-a ...
14 hours ago
It's Christmas at the Eagle Gun Range in Lewisville, Texas.... "I think it's extremely ...
Father of Christopher Bizilj, who Died Firing an Uzi, Was ... abcnews.go.com/US/father-christopher-bizilj-d... ...

Jan 7, 2011 ... Teenager tells court that he twice urged the father of 8-year-old Christopher Bizilj to use a less powerful weapon ... Mother Kills Self, Son at Gun Range Watch Video ... Both men have pleaded not guilty and are awaiting trial.
Massachusetts Firearms Charges Result in Not Guilty Verdict In ... www.bostoncriminalattorneyblog.com/2011/01/ma... ...

Jan 16, 2011 ... Called informally the “Uzi Death Case,” the former Chief of the Pelham,... loaded machine guns, while being “supervised” by a firing range “officer”... own father, who was recording his son's turn to fire the gun that killed him.
Dad sentenced to 22 years for boy's death

www.krqe.com/.../dad-sentenced-to-22-years -...
Nov 7, 2012
ALBUQUERQUE (KRQE)- A New Mexico man has been sentenced to nearly 22 years in ...
Search for videos of Father convicted in death of son at shooting rangeSon gets life for shooting 83-year-old dad at point-blank ... www.examiner.com/article/son-gets-life-for-sh... ...

Oct 18, 2012 ... A man shot and killed his 83-year-old father at point-blank range while the elderly ... The guilty son went outside where he paced frantically around the house, and then ... The nation is mourning the senseless shooting deaths.
Father facing up to 40 years for 2-year-old son's death www.johnsoncitypress.com/News/article.php...

Nov 28, 2012 ... Father facing up to 40 years for 2-year-old son's death ... Christopher Mitchell, 29, was convicted Wednesday of criminally negligent ... theft, which stemmed from him giving a false name to police and hiding the gun involved ... qualify as a career offender, so he faces the higher end of the sentence range.
Indiana father pleads guilty in child's death - wsbt.com www.wsbt.com/news/wsbt-indiana-father-pleads-... ...

4 days ago ... Indiana father pleads guilty in child's death ... charged with murder in the death of his 13-year-old son pleaded guilty Friday to multiple counts,...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2012

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
About the same as our decades long war on drugs. Now we have the highest percentage of our population locked up in jail compared to the rest of the industrialized world because or recreational narcotics.
Laws don't work on criminals. The reason they are criminals is because they break laws.
Laws don't work on WingNuts either apparently.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2012

Judged:

Cousin DuPrees Cousin wrote:
<quoted text>
Boy Murders Mother | DNAinfo.com
www.dnainfo.com/
16 Yr-Old Arrested After His Mother Was Found Stuffed In Trash Bin.
Web Results8-Year-Old Arizona Boy Kills Father - CBS News www.cbsnews.com/2100-201_162-4586103.html
Feb 11, 2009 ... Police in this small eastern Arizona community are looking into the possibility that an 8-year-old boy who is charged with killing his father and ...
Officials: Father Accidentally Shoots, Kills Son Outside Gun ... www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/Officials-... ...
Dec 8, 2012 ... The boy was shot Saturday morning at Twigs Reloading Den in East Lackawannock Township, 60 miles north of Pittsburgh.
Police: Boy, 3, accidentally shoots, kills father in Indiana ... news.yahoo.com/police-boy-3-accidentally-shoo... ...
Jul 14, 2012 ... From Yahoo! News: SALEM, Ind.- Police say a 3-year-old boy accidentally shot and killed his father after finding the man's loaded handgun in ...
Police: 4-year-old boy shoots and kills toddler brother, using ... www.wcti12.com/news/Police-4-year-old-boy-sho... -...
Dec 6, 2012 ... A 4-year-old boy accidentally shot and killed his 2-year-old brother, using their father's handgun, police said.
thank you for making my point.

adults and children need to learn gun safety as much as they do swimming.

it will save their life.
Reality speaks

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2012

Judged:

Cousin DuPrees Cousin wrote:
<quoted text>
Stay tuned for statement from NRA on Friday. Things are moving right along. Although I am hpoeful, I am also skeptical the statement will contain any thing other that what you have been saying.
did you disagree with what I said?

and if you did ....how so?

you posted tons of links to support what I said about gun safety being taught in schools with instruction; and also swimming lessons.

it will save lives. no guessing ......it will

Since: Aug 12

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2012

Judged:

95% of felonies commited with guns are done so by admitted democrats.

Why don't we ban democrats?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2012

Gun Control - Just Facts www.justfacts.com/guncontrol.asp - Similarto Gun Control - Just Facts

Learn more about guns and gun control through studies, statistics, and published facts.... 42% of Americans will be the victim of a completed violent crime (assault, robbery,... 2003-2005, more than 90% were committed by people with criminal records.... It is illegal and punishable by up to 10 years in prison for the following ...

MSNBC
As NRA Hides from Public After Newtown, ALEC Ties Reveal Extensive Lobbying Behind US Gun Laws

Democracy Now - 13 hours ago
My sign represents today how I was a victim of gun violence.... But the fact is, is that the NRA has been working with ALEC for decades.

Backgrounder: the History of the NRA/ALEC Gun Agenda | PR Watch

PR WatchAs NRA Hides From Public After Newtown, ALEC ...- Democracy Now! www.democracynow.org/seo/2012/12/18/as_nra_hi...

13 hours ago ... According to the Center for Responsive Politics, the NRA has spent more than ... Moore on Newtown, Mass Shootings, and the U.S. Culture of Violence Dec 18,... "Backgrounder: The History of the NRA/ALEC Gun Agenda.
Daily Kos: ALEC knows Guns; because ALEC knows the NRA www.dailykos.com/story/2012/12/18/1171406/-AL... ...

23 hours ago ... Backgrounder: the History of the NRA/ALEC Gun Agenda ... purchases different from the federal Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act,...
Is My Own Gun More Likely to be Used Against Me or My ...-... www.guncite.com/gun_control_gcdgaga.html - Similarto Is My Own Gun More Likely to be Used Against Me or My ...-...

GunCite - A web-site dedicated to a comprehensive analysis of gun control and ... a homeowner's gun is more likely to kill its owner or family member than kill a criminal, and therefore "the advisability of keeping firearms in the home for protection ... Regardless of how the number crunching had turned-out between gun and ...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2012

Guns in the Home and Risk of a Violent Death in the Home:... aje.oxfordjournals.org/content/160/10/929.ful...
Persons with guns in the home were also more likely to have died from ... To address these limitations, previous researchers have used case-control study ... or suicide in the home will be committed with a firearm or by using other means...... occur each year by people to protect themselves or their property against assaults,...
Data from a US mortality follow-back survey were analyzed to determine whether having a firearm in the home increases the risk of a violent death in the home and whether risk varies by storage practice, type of gun, or number of guns in the home. Those persons with guns in the home were at greater risk than those without guns in the home of dying from a homicide in the home (adjusted odds ratio = 1.9, 95% confidence interval: 1.1, 3.4). They were also at greater risk of dying from a firearm homicide, but risk varied by age and whether the person was living with others at the time of death. The risk of dying from a suicide in the home was greater for males in homes with guns than for males without guns in the home (adjusted odds ratio = 10.4, 95% confidence interval: 5.8, 18.9). Persons with guns in the home were also more likely to have died from suicide committed with a firearm than from one committed by using a different method (adjusted odds ratio = 31.1, 95% confidence interval: 19.5, 49.6). Results show that regardless of storage practice, type of gun, or number of firearms in the home, having a gun in the home was associated with an increased risk of firearm homicide and firearm suicide in the home.
Key words
firearms; homicide; suicide; violence; wounds and injuries
Previous SectionNext Section
Received for publication February 9, 2004; accepted for publication June 7, 2004.
Previous SectionNext Section
Over 50,000 homicides and suicides occur each year in the United States (1), making them among the leading causes of death, particularly for young people. In 2001, homicide was the second leading cause of death and suicide the third for persons 15–24 years of age (2). Approximately 60 percent of all homicides and suicides in the United States are committed with a firearm (2).
Although an estimated 40 percent of adults in the United States report keeping a gun in the home for recreational or protective purposes (3), the risks and benefits of this practice are widely disputed in the literature (4, 5). Ecologic analyses have suggested a link between the prevalence of gun ownership and rates of homicide and suicide (6–8) and between regulations restricting access to firearms and rates of homicide and suicide (9–12). Although these studies are useful in demonstrating an association between access to firearms and rates of homicide and suicide at the aggregate level, it is not possible with this methodology to adequately assess whether access to a gun increases the risk of a violent death at the individual level.
To address these limitations, previous researchers have used case-control study methodology to evaluate the relation between gun ownership and risk of a violent death in the home. For example, Kellermann et al.(13, 14) examined the relation between gun ownership and injury outcomes. After they controlled for a number of potentially confounding factors, the presence of a gun in the home was associated with a nearly fivefold risk of suicide (adjusted odds ratio = 4.8)(13) and an almost threefold risk of homicide (adjusted odds ratio = 2.7)(14). Other case-control studies have also found an increased risk of suicide for those with firearms in the home, with relative risks ranging from 2.1 to 4.4 (15–19).

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2012

Reality speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
did you disagree with what I said?
and if you did ....how so?
you posted tons of links to support what I said about gun safety being taught in schools with instruction; and also swimming lessons.
it will save lives. no guessing ......it will
Read the Oxford Study. Balance of Study can be found by the link at the top.
Thomas Scutillo

West Union, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

with lazer printers and stun guns coming into the gun powder world we need a nra for more deadly weapons then guns nLa nation LAZER assoc
Thomas Scutillo

West Union, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

lets face it the nRa is taking up market space A REAL WEAPON could use

“Meh.”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

Pops wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not sure that anyone can follow this argument. I have just 'cruised' the last 3 pages & it looks like a 50 car pile up or a double set of pic-up stix!
Some of these polls or links are too focused/specific to add to the arguments & others are too vague. Interesting tho.
I know, everything got a bit piled up and pushed pretty far from my point!

The argument I wanted to look further at was the idea that limiting guns doesn't stop violent crime, as criminals will find another weapon. Looking at the massive downturn in homicide faced here and in other countries that have instituted gun control, I'm having a difficult time clearly seeing where this argument could gain ground, except in the absence of data.

“Meh.”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
I've never seen such statistics. The statistics I have seen show that criminals are more afraid to commit a crime where people can defend themselves than Victim Zones where they know nobody is armed.
Do explain: how is one less safe with a gun than without during an assault?
Because real studies rarely pretend to fully explain complex, real life interactions and instead compile data and suggest causes in small, incremental steps, there isn't a clear and simple summary of why having a gun in an assault makes you more likely to be shot, only the data showing that you're 4.45 times more likely to be shot of you're carrying a weapon.

Though the authors do very gently suggest rethinking carrying a weapon for safety, especially in areas more likely to be at risk of assault or in domestic violence contexts.
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Uniontown Discussions

Search the Uniontown Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Guess Who? 2 hr Undercover Bro 15
Susan Tompor: Motor City ranks as a top spot fo... 18 hr Foghorn Leghorn 2
Puppet Kobe gets back at LeBron in new Nike com... (Jun '09) 20 hr official cavalier store 3
obama sucks (Dec '13) Mon Fitty Sebben 38
Who recalls Todd Hickman (akron) (Sep '11) Sun Moses 43
OH Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Ohio in 2... (Oct '10) Jul 26 Go Blue Forever 2,218
Who lost Iraq? The Iraqis did, with an assist f... Jul 25 Undercover Bro 41
•••
•••
•••
•••

Uniontown Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Uniontown People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE