Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#15946 Dec 18, 2012
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Its always so much fun to take your exact words, and point out how ridiculously wrong they are. You said "pool cue". Your words. Said they've been used for "thousands of years" as murder weapons.
Billiards wasn't invented until around 1340, in France.
As for the duel, once again, your exact words.
You claimed knitting needles were just as dangerous as firearms.
I then asked you if you wanted a fair opportunity to prove that claim scientifically, and the next thing I know you're telling me you're gonna bring knives to the duel instead of knitting needles and prove to me using knives that knitting needles are just as lethal as firearms.
You got beat up frequently as a kid, didn't you?
woof
O brilliant one

pool cues are sticks

pool stick?

made of wood

you know....sticks

PS: it is you bruised by childhood beatings.

look at my yearbook to see the popular list...you guessed it...my pic is there.

“Larchmont's Leading Citizen”

Since: Dec 12

Hilliard, OH

#15947 Dec 18, 2012
tranpsosition wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm having a tough time sorting out how this, or a nation being an island would lower the homicide rate but I'm quite interested to hear more!
Australia is a homogenous society, geographically isolated by today's standards with very selective immigration criteria compared to the United States.

“Meh.”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#15948 Dec 18, 2012
Hugh Victor Thompson III wrote:
<quoted text>Australia is a homogenous society, geographically isolated by today's standards with very selective immigration criteria compared to the United States.
Did you check to see if this is true before writing it down?

http://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/abs @.nsf/Lookup/by%20Subject/1370 .0~2010~Chapter~Overseas%20bor n%20population%20%283.6%29

Moving to Australia is considerably easier than moving to the UK or the US!

http://www.immi.gov.au/media/fact-sheets/01ba...

For an overview of the system out there. It's pretty stand up!

“Meh.”

Location hidden

#15949 Dec 18, 2012
Sorry, the link is no good. I'll type out the relative percentages.

Aus foreign born population in 2007: 25.0%
US foreign born population in 2007: 13.6%

Google "1370.0 - Measures of Australia's Progress, 2010" for the full dataset.
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#15950 Dec 18, 2012
<quoted text>Australia is a homogenous society, geographically isolated by today's standards with very selective immigration criteria compared to the United States.
Not quite correct HVT.

in 2006, 24% of Australia's population was born outside of the country, and the "White Only" immigration policy was abandoned decades ago.

And given that we live in an era during which air travel is as commonplace as riding a bus, what exactly does "geographically isolated by today's standards" mean? What specifically, are "today's standards".

woof
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#15951 Dec 18, 2012
tranpsosition wrote:
Get ready. If you provide them too many facts, you will be labeled a leftist, communist, enemy of democracy.

woof

Hilliard, OH

#15952 Dec 18, 2012
tranpsosition wrote:
Did you happen to consider that of that 25% foreign born the majority come from Europe? White, western democratic tradition, educated nations. HOMOGENOUS.
And there is no nation easier to enter as a poor, uneducated third worlder than the United States.

“Meh.”

Location hidden

#15953 Dec 18, 2012
<quoted text>Did you happen to consider that of that 25% foreign born the majority come from Europe? White, western democratic tradition, educated nations. HOMOGENOUS.
And there is no nation easier to enter as a poor, uneducated third worlder than the United States.
...are you just assuming this, again?

Hilliard, OH

#15954 Dec 18, 2012
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Not quite correct HVT.
in 2006, 24% of Australia's population was born outside of the country, and the "White Only" immigration policy was abandoned decades ago.
And given that we live in an era during which air travel is as commonplace as riding a bus, what exactly does "geographically isolated by today's standards" mean? What specifically, are "today's standards".
woof
Geographically isolated = no land borders and no other nation's territory within 100 miles (across Torres Strait to PNG.)
Today's standards = long distance air travel from any other appreciable population.

“Meh.”

Location hidden

#15955 Dec 18, 2012
72% of immigrants to Australia come from regions other than Europe or North America!
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#15956 Dec 18, 2012
<quoted text>Did you happen to consider that of that 25% foreign born the majority come from Europe? White, western democratic tradition, educated nations. HOMOGENOUS.
Better check the numbers Georgie boy. You're approaching the bubble meter's limits again.

woof

Hilliard, OH

#15957 Dec 18, 2012
tranpsosition wrote:
<quoted text>
...are you just assuming this, again?
As much as you're assuming the opposite.

Hilliard, OH

#15958 Dec 18, 2012
tranpsosition wrote:
72% of immigrants to Australia come from regions other than Europe or North America!
I said population, over time. Not the immigrants of 2010.
Now where your cite?

Hilliard, OH

#15959 Dec 18, 2012
Australia had almost 26.5 percent of the population born overseas and this is regarded to be the highest since 1901.
In the year 1947, nearly 90 percent of the total population of Australia was exclusively Australian-born. However, it was only after the Second World War when Australia encouraged immigration at massive scales by inviting migrants hailing from Europe to immigrate to Australia. This resulted in immigration of Europeans into Australia in large numbers (hundreds of thousands).

Meanwhile, immigrants hailing from Britain account for largest number of single overseas-born people in Australia.
http://www.canadaupdates.com/content/26-perce...

Hilliard, OH

#15960 Dec 18, 2012
There were 4.1 million foreign born in Australia in 2001, representing 22 percent of the total population of 19.0 million.
Over half of all immigrants in Australia are from Europe, predominantly the United Kingdom, but Italy, Greece, Germany, and the Netherlands are also among the largest source countries.
Compared with Canada and the United States, Australia has the highest percentage of immigrants from Oceania, mostly from New Zealand.
http://www.migrationinformation.org/datahub/m...

Hilliard, OH

#15961 Dec 18, 2012
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Better check the numbers Georgie boy. You're approaching the bubble meter's limits again.
woof
Better read what I just posted, with links to sources, unlike that twerp from England.

“Meh.”

Location hidden

#15962 Dec 18, 2012
There were 4.1 million foreign born in Australia in 2001, representing 22 percent of the total population of 19.0 million.
Over half of all immigrants in Australia are from Europe, predominantly the United Kingdom, but Italy, Greece, Germany, and the Netherlands are also among the largest source countries.
Compared with Canada and the United States, Australia has the highest percentage of immigrants from Oceania, mostly from New Zealand.
http://www.migrationinformation.org/datahub/m...
http://www.humanrights.gov.au/racial_discrimi...

^^

If you really want to clutch your pearls, check out the racial make up.

Hilliard, OH

#15963 Dec 18, 2012
tranpsosition wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.humanrights.gov.au/racial_discrimi...
^^
If you really want to clutch your pearls, check out the racial make up.
And that's beginning in which year?
Tell me about the foreign born population before 1990 and their descendents. HOMOGENOUS.

“Meh.”

Location hidden

#15964 Dec 18, 2012
...?

Have you ever been there? It's pretty heavily Asian. I'm not sure where this somewhat insane idea that it's a whitewashed nation comes from.

Have some current population stats, breaking them down into easy to digest percentages for you!
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#15965 Dec 18, 2012
Cousin DuPrees Cousin wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. And why didn't the shooter take out Dirty Harry Wanna Be, since he was there to kill as many as possible and he fixed his gun?
If it doesn't make sense, it isn't true.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Uniontown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
accurate staffing partners with two largest loc... 8 hr Tkennedy 1
U.S. Rep. Marcia Fudge, chair of Congressional ... 10 hr Dindu Nuffin 3
I can tell you're Democrat 10 hr Dindu Nuffin 7
YMCA blocks Akron group from hosting seminar on... Sun Inspector luger 1
Akron police officers watch as murder defendant... Sun d pantz 2
What does Akron Innerbelt demolition mean for y... Dec 20 Howard 1
Who recalls Todd Hickman (akron) (Sep '11) Dec 20 SHARMBA 53
Uniontown Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web