Missing woman found

NORTH CANTON: Rachelle Borland, the mentally disabled North Canton Hoover High School senior who was reported missing Tuesday, was found safe in Lakemore at about 4 p.m. Wednesday. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Am I missing something

Wadsworth, OH

#1 Jul 9, 2008
Why didn't he call police right away? Where did he pick her up at? Why would he pick her up? Sounds fishy but glad shes not hurt and she is safe at home where she belongs.
Use Common Sense

Kent, OH

#3 Jul 10, 2008
A story with a happy ending, it seems rare now adays. I'm glad everything worked out.
Russ from Akron

Warren, OH

#4 Jul 10, 2008
My son is a friend of Rachelle and he is also disabled. We'd like to allow our children freedom to live and be happy, but we also know how vulnerable they are. Even simple tasks are difficult. Situations like being lost can be devestating. Whenever you see someone who looks like they need help, please intervene. A child, a disbled person, or an elderly person with memory loss may need you to save them.
Disillusioned

Akron, OH

#5 Jul 10, 2008
I'm glad they found her safe and sound. However, when the story first broke, they gave no physical description of her or what she was wearing. It sounds like this poor girl needs to have some kind of aide with her if she gets confused with directions and can only tell you her first name. I don't mean to sound cruel, but I would rather her be safe than at the mercy of some pervert.
how about this

Andover, MA

#6 Jul 10, 2008
Maybe her parents can invest in a braclet with her name and contact information on it like others with medical conditions (diabetes, allergies, etc.) I am glad she is alright and was not taken advantage of. I was in the Subway on 224 last night and saw the flyer...I work in the field of MRDD and know how vulnerable individual's with disabilities can be. A lot of prayers were answered when that waitress recognized her. Kudos to her quick thinking.

Since: Mar 07

Akron, OH

#7 Jul 10, 2008
Ah, a rarity these days. A story with a happy endin' with no indication of wrong doin'.
just me

United States

#8 Jul 10, 2008
Russ from Akron wrote:
My son is a friend of Rachelle and he is also disabled. We'd like to allow our children freedom to live and be happy, but we also know how vulnerable they are. Even simple tasks are difficult. Situations like being lost can be devestating. Whenever you see someone who looks like they need help, please intervene. A child, a disbled person, or an elderly person with memory loss may need you to save them.
I do not know Rachelle but I too am a mother of a 23 year old with disabilities and I just about have a heart attac whenever I lose her in store and anywhere we maybe.I am so glad everthing worked out and she returned home safe,I am gald the gentleman was able to help,belive it or not here are some many peope out there who do have a heart when it comes to the disable
IMO

United States

#9 Jul 10, 2008
Why the heck would a man pick up a random young girl and take her out to eat so far from home??? That's just so dang fishy to me!
Lost in Thought

Charleston, WV

#10 Jul 10, 2008
Remaining hopeful that there are still good people in the world, I hope it turns out that Rachelle ran into one of them. Maybe she approached the man and asked for help. Maybe he knew something was wrong but wasn't quite sure what to do. By taking her out to a public place, he wasn't trying to hide her. The police will investigate the situation. Unless I hear otherwise, I prefer to think this story has a happy ending.

“I'm as Mad as Hell...”

Since: Mar 07

Your Neighbor & Friend

#11 Jul 10, 2008
IMO wrote:
Why the heck would a man pick up a random young girl and take her out to eat so far from home??? That's just so dang fishy to me!
Maybe just some good-hearted lonely old geezer. Hey, could it have been Old Man Grump???
underlying reasons

Akron, OH

#12 Jul 10, 2008
Thank God she's okay. What a great kid.
Tom Action

Tuscarawas, OH

#13 Jul 10, 2008
IMO wrote:
shoot his rear right your why people don't help one a nother anymore in your sick mind he has to be a predator wow
Meski

Bedford, OH

#14 Jul 10, 2008
I think everyone is missing something here. This guy picked her up and took her around with him, she spent the night at his house and he did not ONCE think to call the police the entire time? Fishy indeed.
just me

United States

#15 Jul 10, 2008
Tom Action wrote:
<quoted text>shoot his rear right your why people don't help one a nother anymore in your sick mind he has to be a predator wow
I agree like I said in my earlier post there are people out there who do still watch out for the disabled,I know first hand,I have had many who have taken the time to help me search for my daughter when she has become seperated from me.
Duh

Dayton, OH

#16 Jul 10, 2008
How did he not know that she mentally challenged if they said she has the mentality of an 11-12 year old???? He should have figured it out just from speaking to her that something wasn't right if he was a decent person! And WHY did the parents tell about her routine so that now any pervert reading the paper can seek her out. DUH!
Ahau Kin

United States

#17 Jul 10, 2008
"she spent the night at his house and he did not ONCE think to call the police the entire time? "

Did you not pay attention to the article? It is clear on this: the 'geezer' didn't realize who she was UNTIL taking her out to eat THE NEXT DAY.

Without knowing more about the old guy, it is way too premature to speculate on his motives. It looks like she wasn't abused or assaulted, so it's possible he was just helping a lost person.
just me

United States

#18 Jul 10, 2008
Ahau Kin wrote:
"she spent the night at his house and he did not ONCE think to call the police the entire time? "
Did you not pay attention to the article? It is clear on this: the 'geezer' didn't realize who she was UNTIL taking her out to eat THE NEXT DAY.
Without knowing more about the old guy, it is way too premature to speculate on his motives. It looks like she wasn't abused or assaulted, so it's possible he was just helping a lost person.
I believe if this guy was going to do anything to her he would have done it at night and not taken her out to eat,I really believe he was a guardian angel for a night,who knows what might have happened to her that night had he not be there,the way we thing anymore is the reason a lot of people will not get envolved with helping someone.
Reason

Warren, OH

#19 Jul 10, 2008
IMO wrote:
We can infer anything we want from a news article; the man was a predator, he was and alien from Mars sent to kidnap young girls, he was handicapped himself, he's al-qaida, he's an angel sent to protect her, etc. Pick one you like, but only the police, the man, and Rachelle know the truth. Speculation is a dangerous thing.
Anne

Akron, OH

#20 Jul 10, 2008
Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
We can infer anything we want from a news article; the man was a predator, he was and alien from Mars sent to kidnap young girls, he was handicapped himself, he's al-qaida, he's an angel sent to protect her, etc. Pick one you like, but only the police, the man, and Rachelle know the truth. Speculation is a dangerous thing.
Kodo's to you - you hit it right on the head - why do so many people want to put blame/accusations - let the police do there work and be happy for the family.
Period

Columbia Station, OH

#21 Jul 10, 2008
Tom Action wrote:
<quoted text>shoot his rear right your why people don't help one a nother anymore in your sick mind he has to be a predator wow
That's right. Why bother wasting your time with punctuation? NICE!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Uniontown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Akron continues to support expungement program;... Thu Homeless Wino Pete 4
Are African-American voices missing from Ohio's... Thu big tyree daddy 4
repukies are a PLAGUE ON THE LAND! Thu Homeless Wino Pete 2
FALLING From GRACE Wed Rushville Rocket 7
Summit County jury deliberates capital case aga... Wed Delbert Grady 1
Still believe in Obama..Front Page News Wed Homeless Wino Pete 2
EBOLA IS HERE….Great News! Wed Homeless Wino Pete 23
Uniontown Dating
Find my Match

Uniontown Jobs