Abraham

United States

#1 Nov 28, 2012
Understand that the new movie “Lincoln” is not just by accident. I was waiting to see the movie before making a judgment but I suspect it plays very strongly in justifying a strong central government as opposed to State’s rights. Slavery was used as a tool by Lincoln to provide a moral justification for a strong central government, the war was never started over slavery nor was it intended to end it. Many students of liberty have argued that Lincoln and the civil war was the turning point in the country away from liberty toward strong central government. I’m not an historian but there appears to be some truth to it. After living for 51 years I have learned one thing – those that are most lauded are most to be suspected – FDR is a great example, he is adored by the left but a serious study shows that he was a disaster for the country long term in creating government entitlements that were supposed to end and didn’t, and even short term he prolonged the depression with his antics, much like Obama has sabotaged any serious economic recovery. An excellent book on the craziness of FDR and many other leaders of the time is “The Forgotten Man”– WE are the current Forgotten Men. Once they understood they could pick our pockets every April 15 it has never ended and has only gotten worse.

Undercover Brother

Louisville, KY

#2 Nov 28, 2012
Maybe you shouldn't go around staring faux wars! You have two wars to pay for, homie. You think chimpy boosh won't get slammed by History?
Angry Mormon Al

Akron, OH

#3 Nov 30, 2012
AMA say,

Reinstitute the Fugitive Slave Act!
Turdducken

Yorba Linda, CA

#4 Dec 1, 2012
That will cost yah, whitebread!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reparations_for_...
DeFoety Sebben

Akron, OH

#5 Dec 1, 2012
No flukin dukin,

My name aint Nats Turner or Rochester.

I be gone to Canada. packs warm, bro.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Uniontown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump Supporters Get Their Chance to Savor Victory Tue Brisco Darling 3
Who recalls Todd Hickman (akron) (Sep '11) Tue Erick Gadson 64
the music thread (Apr '12) Mon Musikologist 20
News Bob Dyer: 'Homeless' men change often at highwa... (Aug '08) Dec 4 Concerned 126
News Former Prisoner to Receive Millions for Footbal... (Sep '10) Nov 27 Nobody 37
News Man sets himself on fire after yelling about el... Nov 22 skanks-a-lot HRC 1
Erica Daniels (May '16) May '16 soccer Mom 1

Uniontown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Uniontown Mortgages