Summit County jail officials sued for...

Summit County jail officials sued for neglect in 2011 inmate death

There are 10 comments on the Ohio.com story from May 4, 2013, titled Summit County jail officials sued for neglect in 2011 inmate death. In it, Ohio.com reports that:

Copyright i 1 2 2013 Beacon Journal Publishing Co. Inc and Black Press. All Rights Reserved.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Ohio.com.

Mr Magoo

Cleveland, OH

#1 May 6, 2013
If you are a heroin addict you are responsible for your own demise, it just so happened that it occured in a jail. Game over loser. It's amazing that white trash mommy who raised this worthless P.O.S now wants to be paid, charge her for filing a frivilous suit!!!
marks mom

United States

#2 May 11, 2013
you sir are as blind as your name. you have no clue what you are talking about. my son was not a heroin addict, not on drugs, nor alcohol. he was murdered but according to the f.b.i. the state screwed up the investigation from the get go. which is why we will never see justice in my son,s case. and for your information i raised a fine young man. with a heart as big as he was. he worked a job as a welder. was married and had 2 beautiful children. was never in trouble with the law. can you say that about any of your kids. he injured his back at work and just had his back surgery right before he started having mental issues. which led to him being in jail. and then murdered. i truly hope no one in your family suffers from any type of mental illness as you will be a big problem for them to deal with. since you are such a insensitive moron. as i have said many times. i could care less about the money. i just wanted justice and no one elses family to go through what we went through. the lawyers took over half the money we where awarded. what they did,nt take was used to pay bills. and put in a trust fund for his kids. good day sir.
hunky77

Torrance, CA

#3 May 11, 2013
Did they "Poop" on you too?
justice

United States

#4 Aug 29, 2013
My brother was died while in custody of Seneca county jail. I visited him three days after his arrest he was going three heroin withdraws. Nothing could of ever prepared me for that visit. It did not look like my 33 year old brother,he looked like a 70 year old man. He told me he hasn't kept anything down for 3 days they we're giving him the same pills that we're being thrown back up. His face was sunkin in, white eyelids and lips barely there,teeth just visible,he said his stomachs in nots and he's having musle spasms. I told him to pinch his skin and it stuck up when let go of. He was extremely dehydrated. Visitation cut short upon me leaving I told the officer at the desk my concerns and he said he was being monitered he would be fine. Two days later we got a call he was found unresponsive. He died, we thought he was gonna get better because he went to jail, never thought they would fail to provide the adiquite care any and every human being deserves.
hunky77

Streetsboro, OH

#5 Aug 30, 2013
Guess he wasn't...bulletproof after all!
d pantz

United States

#6 Aug 30, 2013
No no no! If you need medical attention and are ignored, the overpaid babysitters are responsible. If they can't handle it then the jail need to find other meat heads who can or suffer the consequences. Plenty of people could do a better job than that and would be more responsible.
d pantz

United States

#7 Aug 30, 2013
hunky77 wrote:
I tried to read the story but it was removed. What's up hunky????
justice

United States

#8 Sep 4, 2013
It's crazy how many people have suffered the loss of a loved one in a county jail do to withdrawing. Something needs to be done to stop all the heartless people in charge. I do know that somethings gonna change in his town after what happened to my brother, then to top it all off they make you Waite months to get any kind of death report back,preliminary report or anything from a corner they say a toxicology can take up to 14 weeks.
shades of akron

Cleveland, OH

#9 Sep 11, 2013
Here's a thought, why not be law abiding citizens and not go to jail in the first place? Is it supposed to be like the holiday inn? Or a hospital? But hey, playing the blame game and getting paid is so much better right? And people wonder what is wrong with this town.
Mandrill

Akron, OH

#10 Mar 31, 2014
hunky77 wrote:

You need help, you are so disrespectful!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Uniontown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Akron 11 mins ago 4:55 p.m.Akron Police charge ... Sat Mr Shhhhh 1
News Feds OK plan to sell Norton Homes (Feb '08) Sat leechy 9
Who recalls Todd Hickman (akron) (Sep '11) May 22 Ledesv 68
guess who (Feb '15) May 20 USS LIBERTY 23
News Akron to sell Main St. buildings for project (Jan '08) May 19 Hippies 183
News West Side Neighborhood Watch May 19 Blue 1
Change a word (Mar '09) May 5 winner 44

Uniontown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance