Ohio.com - Miracle means heaven can wait

As their plane was about to crash near Atlanta earlier this month, Heather Moran told her fiancee, Akron physician Robert Marsico Jr., that they would meet again. Full Story
someone who cares

Akron, OH

#45 Apr 16, 2009
Proud of the Support wrote:
I am so proud to see the support on this website. Krista was one of the better people in the world and has touched so many lives including mine. God has taken the law into his own hands and justice has been served. Rest in peace Krista. We love you.
As the 11th anniversary - April 5, 1998- has come and gone, I think it is sad that so much is still unknown. I only hope that soon the killer (whomever they may be) will be found, justice will be served and closure will come to all those that care so much. RIP Krista.
person who knows both

Madison, OH

#46 Dec 19, 2009
friend of the deceased - wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me tell you a little something about Bob Marsico. He is still the primary and only suspect in a murder case involving his former girlfriend Krista Pantaleano. The case is still unsolved and archived in the FBI's unsolved crimes division.(history) Prior to her death Dr. Bob broke into her apartment and beat her nearly dead and was arrested for this crime. This ia a matter of public record. He lost his liscense to practice medicine for 1 year and had a restraining order against him not to see or be near Krista.
Sometime afterwards Bob and Krista began to secretly see one another again. Krista again broke it off with Bob one morning and went to work her shift as a nurse. Bob continued to harrass her with phone calls during her shift that day as witnessed by fellow nurses on the floor. After completing her shift she and a fellow nurse saw Dr. Bob in the parking lot leaning up against Krista's car. Krista approached and they left together. That was the last time Krista was seen alive. She was reported as missing that night and was found dead 2 days later laying in a ravine near Blue Hen Falls National Park east of Cleveland. She had been given an injection of a drug that paralizes your voluntary muscular system rendering you helpless. This type of drug is not available on the streets as it is primarily used in surgical settings. It was below freezing that night. Essentially, Krista lay helpless in the ravine and froze to death (autopsy). Her vehicle was about 200 yards away in a parking lot. After an exhaustive search the keys have never been found and are still missing to date. The necklace she was wearing at the time is also missing.
There are literally reams of convincing circumstanial evidence collected by the FBI and Park Police indicating Dr. Bob as the only suspect. The DA decided not to try the case on circumstantial evidence for obvious reasons.
Krista is still loved and dearly missed by her family, friends and two sons. She will not be forgotten. A $50,000 reward is still in place to anyone who can assist with this case leading to an arrest and conviction.
he was also an alcoholic & cocaine addict & presently is sueing his father .
THE REAL ACTION is back

Canton, OH

#47 Dec 19, 2009
they sure liked him then!!!!!!!poor bob he's being framed by x,s
unknown

Akron, OH

#48 Dec 30, 2009
THE REAL ACTION is back wrote:
they sure liked him then!!!!!!!poor bob he's being framed by x,s
What?? Can you be clearer in your comment?????

Since: Dec 09

Huntington Beach, CA

#49 Dec 30, 2009
unknown wrote:
<quoted text>
What?? Can you be clearer in your comment?????
Hey, for him that's pretty clear! Have you not read any of his other thousands of nonsensical(sp) posts?
the unknown

United States

#50 Sep 7, 2010
unknown wrote:
<quoted text> I believe God has other plans him.
So he can suffer more and he will
the unknown

United States

#51 Sep 7, 2010
I cant imagine what god has instore for him.
Stall_out

Huntington Beach, CA

#52 Sep 8, 2010
Robert E. Marsico, Jr., M.D.(Akron, OH)
Dr. Marsico is making his initial appearance before the Board, pursuant
to the terms of his October 15, 2004 Consent Agreement. Dr. Marsico
has also requested approval of a supervising physician.

Dr. Welby?
in my opinion

Medina, OH

#54 Nov 16, 2010
Girl from 80s wrote:
This guy was a drug addict ever since Junior High. I dated Bob for a short period and remember him doing coccaine on Christmas break in a friend's basement when we were at CFHS. He had a violent temper back then. It is sad that he was able to practice medicine. Unfortunately, he was probably very good at it. For everyone who supports him, you don't know him. You may think you did. The guy is a sociopath.
This man is a SOCIOPATH, his picture should be in the dictionary next to the definition. For all those who love him as a physician you are being decieved. He is a smart man and knows his medicine, but he is also a caniving liar. He is a drug addict and an alcoholic. He is physically and mentally abusive to all those who become close to him. I believe that he is guilty. I hope that he is caught before he does this again, because he will, it's just a matter of time.
anonymous

Akron, OH

#55 Feb 9, 2011
Good to see support exists and all is not forgotten.
class of 83

Holland, MI

#56 May 14, 2011
CFHS 1983 wrote:
I graduated from high school with Bobby; went to junior high with him too, I remember all of us going to his house after school in Silver Lake. My family has been patients of his dad's for years. I won't comment on the disappearance/death of his former girlfriend, because I'm not familiar with it. I will just say this: Bobby was a great guy when I knew him. I only wish he and Heather a speedy recovery. The other matter I will leave to the law enforcement and God.
I also was in this class and must say....a majority ofthe Cuy. Falls, Silver Lake kids were stuck up snobs and I am sooooo happy to be far away from a LOT of you. Of course, there were some decent people (the HUMBLE) but man, were there some High and Mighties, who, I hear....still ARE!
Constance

Akron, OH

#57 Jul 5, 2011
someone who cares wrote:
<quoted text>
As the 11th anniversary - April 5, 1998- has come and gone, I think it is sad that so much is still unknown. I only hope that soon the killer (whomever they may be) will be found, justice will be served and closure will come to all those that care so much. RIP Krista.
It has now been 13 years. Very Sad.
xfriend from Salem

Canton, OH

#58 Aug 22, 2011
I was involved with Dr. Marsico both personally and professionally during this time. He is certainly NOT the monster you folks are making him out to be. We spent a fair amount of time together and I NEVER ONE TIME saw him abuse any type of drugs..in fact I could not get him to have a beer.
He was never physically OR mentally abusive and we had a couple screaming matches. I even pushed him once and he NEVER even attemptedd to raise a hand to me. He was never anything but caring and respectful to me. I spent alot of time with him after all of this went down and it almost destroyed him. Noone will ever know exactly what happened except Bob and God! Shame on all of you for passing judgement. That is up to God. My prayer for all of you "Holyer than thoughs" is that something like this never happens to someone in your family. God Bless you Bob! May you live a long happy life!

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#59 Sep 23, 2011
Robert Marsico Jr. was a talented catcher from Bedford, Virginia, who was behind the plate for every game the 116th Infantry Regiment Yankees played in the 1943 ETO series.

Marsico graduated from Gilmer School in Roanoke, Virginia, before getting a job with the Frank E Brown company treating cowhides. He later helped build the Blue Hills golf course in Roanoke before landing a job with the Piedmont Label Company in Bedford, where he also played for the company baseball team.

Location hidden

#60 Nov 4, 2011
Robert Marsico was a talented catcher from Bedford, Virginia, who was behind the plate for every game the 116th Infantry Regiment Yankees played in the 1943 ETO series.

Marsico graduated from Gilmer School in Roanoke, Virginia, before getting a job with the Frank E Brown company treating cowhides. He later helped build the Blue Hills golf course in Roanoke before landing a job with the Piedmont Label Company in Bedford, where he also played for the company baseball team.
Filsoof10

Location hidden

Reply »
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2011

Like many local youngsters, Draper, Wright and Marsico had joined Company A of the National Guard enticed, perhaps, by the promise of a dollar every Monday night after marching practice at the Bedford Armory. But as the war in Europe took hold and the United States began to expand its fighting forces, it was announced in October 1940, that Bedford's Company A would be mobilized into the Federal Army for a period of one year.

Draper, Wright and Marsico still found a little time for baseball. In September 1943, they played for the 116th Infantry Regiment Yankees in a four-day US services baseball tournament in London. The 116th were a dark horse team at the outset - unknown to most of the other teams who were already playing in well-established military leagues around Britain. The Bedford boys were the backbone of the team. Draper’s hitting, Wright's pitching and Marsico’s defensive work behind the plate guided the Yankees to an unexpected place in the final against the Eighth Air Force Fighter Command Thunderbolts that saw the 116th win 6-3 for the ETO championship title.
Constance

Akron, OH

#61 Jan 4, 2012
xfriend from Salem wrote:
I was involved with Dr. Marsico both personally and professionally during this time. He is certainly NOT the monster you folks are making him out to be. We spent a fair amount of time together and I NEVER ONE TIME saw him abuse any type of drugs..in fact I could not get him to have a beer.
He was never physically OR mentally abusive and we had a couple screaming matches. I even pushed him once and he NEVER even attemptedd to raise a hand to me. He was never anything but caring and respectful to me. I spent alot of time with him after all of this went down and it almost destroyed him. Noone will ever know exactly what happened except Bob and God! Shame on all of you for passing judgement. That is up to God. My prayer for all of you "Holyer than thoughs" is that something like this never happens to someone in your family. God Bless you Bob! May you live a long happy life!

Interesting - first ,you refer to yourself as "xfriend" Vs something like "old friend". Second, if you spent time with him then we must have met. Hmmmmm!!!!! I ,too,was around him after the death of his estranged girlfriend. I saw a very different side. I won't pass judgement on the things that are not fact and I won't wish badly on anyone- we'll leave all of that to a "Higher Power". However, there is documented evidence that his license was suspended and just re-instated in 2010 and that he plead to a lesser charge in regards to the violence against his former, and now deceased girlfriend. I am not sure of your intent to defend, Maybe you are naive. But just as you tell others to not judge on something you think they know nothing about ,I tell you not to judge others on something YOU clearly know nothing about.
Friend of deceased

Reisterstown, MD

#62 Apr 22, 2012
14 years have come and gone since Krista's murder. Krista's necklace and car keys are still missing. FBI detectives previously stated that murderers often keep a trophy from their kills.I ask anyone close to the only suspect to go through his private things and see if you uncover an unexplained set of car keys or a mysterious unknown necklace. If you do, please contact the FBI. Missing Krista.
Never forget

Akron, OH

#63 Apr 27, 2012
Never forget.......
Not a fan

Cuyahoga Falls, OH

#64 Feb 5, 2013
I knew bob in our teenage years (80's) very egotistical and very physically and verbally abusive . If u ask his highschool ex I'm sure she would agree and that was when he was a teenager! People don't change he just grew up to be an abusive , egotistical adult .... Oh and drug user. Most of his supporters are the same type of person ,stop trying to paint a prettier picture it was never pretty and will never be.I suspect his scars from his accident have may have slightly lowered his self esteem , he always did believe he was the best looking , best wrestler ,best dr. So on & so on.... news flash not so much!!! I will say this his parents are good people and don't deserve the scandals and treatment his given them.HIS ENTITLEMENT IS OVERWHELMING ! poor bob girlfriend murdered ... Plane crash ... Awarded 11mil wouldn't put it past him to have been involved in both!
Millie

Akron, OH

#65 Feb 20, 2013
??

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Uniontown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who recalls Todd Hickman (akron) (Sep '11) Sun Sharmba 55
What Leads To Malls Closing? Jan 24 Green eye 4
In Recruitment Effort, Akron Police Seeks To Mi... Jan 24 Walkin boss 2
tyree Jan 24 Jim 1
Moe TAXES on millionaires ….. Jan 24 Tim 4
Mayor don's "White hat management" buddy = WORS... Jan 23 Yost is toast 1
Arrest made in Akron store owner's murder Jan 23 mighty mouse 3
Uniontown Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web