Supreme Court declines to hear Cynthia George case

The case of the state of Ohio vs. Cynthia Rohr-George is officially over and the wealthy socialite and mother of seven will never again be tried for having one lover kill another. Full Story
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
dmm

Solon, OH

#1 Aug 24, 2008
I'm glad to see that the Ohio court system can still be be "Bought". The people of Ohio with money should be happy.
Justice Be Served

Akron, OH

#2 Aug 24, 2008
The best way to show your disdain for the murder for lover Cynthia George is to boycott the Tangiers Restaurant. She's guilty as sin and everybody knows it.
Wayne Drain

Ashtabula, OH

#3 Aug 24, 2008
dmm wrote:
I'm glad to see that the Ohio court system can still be be "Bought". The people of Ohio with money should be happy.
This is the reason why stoopid people should not be allowed to post. You criticize the Ohio Supreme court, how did it e3ven get to them?

The case was appealed and overturned. There is no way this case should have been lost by the prosecution.

If you are truly upset that George got away with consipracy to commit murder, then base your anger on the completely ineffective and worthless Summit County prosecutor Sherri Bevan Walsh who bungled this prosecution.

By the way she's on the ballot this year if you are truly looking for justice.
simone perkins

Bedford, OH

#4 Aug 24, 2008
There is a beautiful story about Sherri on the front page of the Plain Dealer today. Let this be a warning, do not read the story after you eaten, it will make you puke.
Tom Action Jackson

Tuscarawas, OH

#5 Aug 24, 2008
bad verdict's happen everyday gotta accept them don't have to believe them
concerned citizen

United States

#6 Aug 24, 2008
she got off because there was no evidence - period. only zampelli knows if she conspired with him and without him talking, it couldn't be proven despite of who claim they "know" she is guilty.
case follower

United States

#7 Aug 24, 2008
Wayne Drain wrote:
<quoted text>
This is the reason why stoopid people should not be allowed to post. You criticize the Ohio Supreme court, how did it e3ven get to them?
The case was appealed and overturned. There is no way this case should have been lost by the prosecution.
If you are truly upset that George got away with consipracy to commit murder, then base your anger on the completely ineffective and worthless Summit County prosecutor Sherri Bevan Walsh who bungled this prosecution.
By the way she's on the ballot this year if you are truly looking for justice.
Walsh did no work on that case. It was all asst prosecutors, who did a good job with a mountain of circumstantial evidence.

They got the conviction. George went to prison.

The appeals court wouldn't even listen to the prosecution arguments. In my opinion, somebody on the appeals court was bought and paid for.
case follower

United States

#8 Aug 24, 2008
concerned citizen wrote:
she got off because there was no evidence - period. only zampelli knows if she conspired with him and without him talking, it couldn't be proven despite of who claim they "know" she is guilty.
What are you talking about?
concerned citizen

United States

#9 Aug 24, 2008
case follower wrote:
<quoted text>
I am talking about the fact that the appeals court ruled that Cosgrove's guilty verdict was not supported by evidence - and it wasnt. phone calls with no tape or testimony to describe what was discussed are evidence of phone calls - period - not evidence of a conspiracy. likewise her giving him money which he used to buy a motorcycle. that is the only fact on the table and it doesnt prove that she intended for him to use it in a hit not matter how "sure of it" that you are - it is not proof and Cosgrove's misguided decision was correctly overturned.
case follower

United States

#10 Aug 24, 2008
concerned citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
I am talking about the fact that the appeals court ruled that Cosgrove's guilty verdict was not supported by evidence - and it wasnt. phone calls with no tape or testimony to describe what was discussed are evidence of phone calls - period - not evidence of a conspiracy. likewise her giving him money which he used to buy a motorcycle. that is the only fact on the table and it doesnt prove that she intended for him to use it in a hit not matter how "sure of it" that you are - it is not proof and Cosgrove's misguided decision was correctly overturned.
I disagree with you about the evidence and original verdict, but what is this talk of "zampelli?"
case follower

United States

#11 Aug 25, 2008
Hmmmm...
second rate

Akron, OH

#12 Aug 25, 2008
case follower wrote:
<quoted text>
Walsh did no work on that case. It was all asst prosecutors, who did a good job with a mountain of circumstantial evidence.
They got the conviction. George went to prison.
The appeals court wouldn't even listen to the prosecution arguments. In my opinion, somebody on the appeals court was bought and paid for.
and who hires asst. prosecutors?
hdawg

Youngstown, OH

#13 Aug 25, 2008
Cynthia George is as guilty as guilty can be, and everyone knows it. Other than her family, very few will have respect for her again, and that will be her punishment. I'd love to cross paths with the tramp and tell her what I think.

“I'm just saying...”

Since: Jul 08

Orrville

#14 Aug 25, 2008
second rate wrote:
<quoted text>and who hires asst. prosecutors?
Hmmmm...in most cases the ADA's are hired by a DA...though not necessarily the current one. But either way...your argument is not valid.

She was convicted. The prosecutors office did its job. The appeals court overturned it.

Sigh...
Jennakenna

Akron, OH

#15 Aug 31, 2008
case follower wrote:
<quoted text>
O.K. here is something no one has considered. Boycotting the Tangier...ooohhhhh that will work, it is in the ghetto, who wants to go there anyway? Safety is the issue. This case was all about convicting someone with nothing...please leave this family alone. Those kids are having a hard enough time having to deal with all of this, and still not know the truth.
hippy chic

United States

#16 Aug 31, 2008
I saw the Dateline (?) special on Cynthia George. It showed pretty clearly that she was innocent and that the one lover killed her other lover because he raped her and was abusive.

“It is what it is”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#17 Aug 31, 2008
In the court of public opinion she is a whoring tramp who ran around on her husband. A married woman with a husband and two lovers and who does not know how to keep her legs closed. A couple of her younger children aren't her husbands but her lover. Which one? Who knows, I doubt she knows either.She is the one who didn't want a jury trial because the public would see her for the slut she is. So when a judge convicts her a**, the slut gets off on appeal. Where is the justice in that.

“It is what it is”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#18 Aug 31, 2008
The words that were deleleted wer S*L*U*T. No need to sugar coat it,
the truth

AOL

#21 Sep 2, 2008
hippy chic wrote:
I saw the Dateline (?) special on Cynthia George. It showed pretty clearly that she was innocent and that the one lover killed her other lover because he raped her and was abusive.
thats not true at all, you need to get you're facts straight thats not what happened at all! Everyone knew about the affair, so there's no way it was rape! It happened for 10 years! she's a wh0re and GOD will judge her in the end not us! everything that happens in the dark comes to the light!
the truth

AOL

#22 Sep 2, 2008
Hates Living in Akron wrote:
In the court of public opinion she is a whoring tramp who ran around on her husband. A married woman with a husband and two lovers and who does not know how to keep her legs closed. A couple of her younger children aren't her husbands but her lover. Which one? Who knows, I doubt she knows either.She is the one who didn't want a jury trial because the public would see her for the slut she is. So when a judge convicts her a**, the slut gets off on appeal. Where is the justice in that.
I agree with you 101 percent!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Uniontown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 13 min Pops 31,197
Low-cost pet sterilization available across NE ... 8 hr Baron Von Rashke 3
"Wimperor" Obama 9 hr Southpark 14
Rand Paul rips obama a new one 10 hr Southpark 4
Supreme Court and ZERO" Sat tim 13
OH Who do you support for Auditor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) Sep 19 Vic 231
IF SHAKESPEARE WERE A republicanů. Sep 19 faker mikie 7
•••
•••

Uniontown Jobs

•••
•••
•••